Horizon: Forbidden West Trophy List Revealed

Ghost

And here I am just starting my NG+ Ultra Hard on HZD lol. From the reviews I read, Forbidden West doesn't seem significantly different. My copy arrives later today but I'm in no rush to play it, especially with Elden Ring creeping up in the corner lol.

I will say that I wish the trophy list was more creative. I'm getting kinda bored with the checklist type trophy lists that Sony keeps pushing out with its first party games. I'm 99% sure though that they'll add another Ultra Hard NG+ trophy as dlc later on. But yeah, even HZD's trophy list is pretty boring, just wish they spiced things up this time around.

Edited by PostGameBlues

On 14/2/2022 at 0:10 PM, Stardroid said:

Like always the thread will get hijacked by strawmen strawmanning with their strawman arguments. Nobody in here is claiming easy lists are the end of the world. What is being said is that by far the most dominating type of list in the AAA sphere and also indie are increasingly easy. Why are some of you shaming people who just want harder trophies from time to time. The fact that some of you are oblivious to the fact that you mock a certain type of trophy hunter while simultaneously preaching inclusiveness for all gamers ... How does this hypocrisy escape you people. I'm so tired of almost always having to justify myself why I think I want a challenging trophy list from time to time! It's almost like I experience a hobby differently from you! You have your easy lists, you guys have plenty of them! I don't! I have to look into the obscure corners of the gaming world for a challenging list or I have to add my own challenges! Like speedrunning Bound and Shadow of the Colossus. Some of you guys really need to unplug the head from your butts and stop being hypocrites. You are in no position to tell anyone how to experience trophy hunting, and you shouldn't strawman what is being said in order to pretend there is some elitist plot going on here by some hardcore gamers who just don't want the average joe to get tuh trophiez! I swear some of you think you're smarter than you really are. 

It's whatever to me now though, this discussion has been done to death and it's always the same anyway. I don't think I've ever met anyone in the UR hunting community either who is like "these damn casuals, brooo, hate them". Nobody cares. All some of us want are challenging and more creative lists. Enjoy your argument though, I ain't having any of it anymore. 

I love this post because it's so true. Calling people elitists just because we want a challenging trophy here and there, is the opposite of inclusive. It's not like there aren't any easy plats out there, it's all the same easy boring lists, and I'm afraid everything on PS5 will be even more easy, safe and common, even the indies unfortunately. I don't expect AAA to be super challenging, but the decision to remove the difficulty trophies from the base list in Sony exclusives is a shame imo.

Edited by CabDK
  • Like 3

Horizon: Forbidden West's trophies are expected. The trophies don't need to be difficult. They don't need to be anything but what they already are. There are other games that can be played which are more difficult. People who want to experience a challenge in every game can defer to them instead.

• Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 11:37 PM, arcanehornet_ said:

Does everything have to be a Wolfenstein 2 type platinum for people to be able to have fun? Geez

Trophy Hunters are entitled asf. I love seeing them cry like little girls when a trophy list is too easy for them

Edited by thecman_25
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, notandrebraun said:

Horizon: Forbidden West's trophies are expected. The trophies don't need to be difficult. They don't need to be anything but what they already are. There are other games that can be played which are more difficult. People who want to experience a challenge in every game can defer to them instead.

That's not the point, people are allowed to have an opinion about difficulty or whatever without having to be called out as an non-inclusive elitist.

Edited by CabDK
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, CabDK said:

That's not the point, people are allowed to have an opinion about difficulty or whatever without having to be called out as an non inclusive elitist.

I never said that people weren't allowed to be opinionated. However, there were other replies in the topic (that have since been removed) where members replied with insults more than just being a "non-inclusive elitist". Not to mention the ironic hypocrisy in calling others hypocrites while being hypocritical themselves.

• Like 1

On 2022-02-13 at 11:57 PM, Akrioz said:

Looking forward to GoW Ragnarok trophy list. Because Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart seems to have started trend of veeeeeery easy platinums.

Meh, I'd say it started all the way back in 2018 with Detroit: Become Human/God of War (4)

Detroit: Become Human
God of War
Marvel's Spider-Man
Concrete Genie
Days Gone
Ghost of Tsushima
The Last of Us Part II
Spider-Man: Miles Morales
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, thecman_25 said:

Trophy Hunters are entitled asf. I love seeing them cry like little girls when a trophy list is too easy for them

this goes the other  way too, people always complain trophy lists are too hard.

and people avoid the game. if you cant get the hardest difficulty trophy, just dont get that trophy? the hypocrisy is too much.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OmegaRejectz said:

Meh, I'd say it started all the way back in 2018 with Detroit: Become Human/God of War (4)

Detroit: Become Human
God of War
Marvel's Spider-Man
Concrete Genie
Days Gone
Ghost of Tsushima
The Last of Us Part II
Spider-Man: Miles Morales
Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart

I see what you're saying, but I don't consider God of War to be part of this list. If for only having to kill the Queen Valkyrie alone...it doesn't belong with these. 

• Like 1

This list is fine.  Honestly, my favorite thing about it is it reduces the hunting trial things from the first game.  I skipped those and didn't get the plat before, just cause I thought they were wildly out of place.  Having timed trials in a game that heavily emphasizes stealth seemed weird to me.  Or should I say, where I played much more stealth-fully then I might have played something similar. I am a little disappointed you don't have to do a bit more, but I guess that just means I'll have to do those things outside of the trophy list in preparation of the inevitable DLC drops....or f-ck it, just cause I like the game (here's hoping).

I will say it matches pretty close to the Sony first party developer lists over the past few years.  I think they are harping on the trophy crowd and trying to suck um in with more accessible trophies.  I'm not against that, just think it's strange.  Anyhow, everyone have fun tomorrow.  I gotta go pick my copy up on lunch and then finish work before I can throw it in, but my wife has been informed, that this is the bulk of my weekend.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Arcesius said:

Just out of curiosity, can you name me any games that came out 2019 or later that have truly challenging trophy lists? I'm talking really challenging, 9-10/10. 

I can think of two games from the top of my head.

It's everyone's right to be happy about the trophy list as is. It's also everyone's right to be disappointed that you only need to complete 50% of the game to get the plat and express that opinion. It's worrysome that Sony is imposing restrictions on what types of trophies are allowed in their titles, and to think where it will go from here. 

No, but I don't know every game that has been released since 2019 (nor did I suggest that they needed to have been released within the last three years) and difficulty is subjective due to the basis being the skills of a person which varies for everybody. However, the difficulty of games are irrelevant to my argument being made. I never once said that people weren't allowed to be opinionated. To reiterate what @DrBloodmoney said, "they still have the option to play a game on a higher difficulty, regardless of the baseline requirements of the platinum." In other words, our experiences in a game are only limited by us and not the details of any trophies.

I would rather Sony still included difficulty based trophies in the main trophy list but I don't really care too much either way, I do find the whole "why do you care about the trophies you can still play the game the way you want" to be pretty stupid as that can be applied to both the too easy and too hard side of the argument 

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, MD_91 said:

I would rather Sony still included difficulty based trophies in the main trophy list but I don't really care too much either way, I do find the whole "why do you care about the trophies you can still play the game the way you want" to be pretty stupid as that can be applied to both the too easy and too hard side of the argument 

This is exactly my point, bigotry...

Trophy list looks good. You can enjoy the game at your own pace while only having to worry about a single missable trophy. Not like South Park - Stick of Truth where most trophies are missable. Will definitely pick this up the very first sale since i enjoyed the last game.

• Like 1