Server is down??!!!

mhm_fazli

1 minute ago, kevao97 said:

i have "something worth" to add. the fact that you refuse to understand is that the PlayStation 3 itself is deteriorated and unmaintainable by developers. there are no more ways to fix problems that need updates. unless this particular issue can be resolved without the need for patches, there is nothing else to be done. and you have to be realistic and accept the fact that there's no reason for a game over a decade old to have its online mode reset because of half a dozen weirdos boosting trophies, which would incur cost and time. why invest in it?

This is not anything of worth. PS3 is not unmaintainable by developers, as I just said Ubisoft brought back the online for other games on the system. Something you'd know if you'd actually paid attention to what I said or did the bare minimum in terms of research. You clearly know nothing, you're just trying to start an argument and throw insults for absolutely no reason. Just go away, you have no reason to even be in this thread. Do you not have anything better to do with your time?

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, I-SilentEcho-I said:

Isso não vale nada. O PS3 não é insustentável pelos desenvolvedores, como acabei de dizer que a Ubisoft trouxe de volta o online para outros jogos no sistema. Algo que você saberia se realmente prestasse atenção ao que eu disse ou fizesse o mínimo em termos de pesquisa. Você claramente não sabe de nada, está apenas tentando iniciar uma discussão e insultar sem absolutamente nenhuma razão. Vá embora, você não tem nenhuma razão para estar neste tópico. Você não tem nada melhor para fazer com o seu tempo?

I'm not insulting anyone, you who are extremely offended and saying "go away" and stuff like that because I told the truth. it would be great if this game came back, my wish is that there were no shut downs. but unfortunately this game will not come back, stop cultivating hopes.

1 hour ago, I-SilentEcho-I said:

Posts like this aren't helpful at all, do not post here unless you actually have some information or something helpful to say. The "you've had X years to do X, Y and Z" is just a useless comment that is dismissive for no reason. If you're not invested in this whatsoever, and you have nothing nice to say then go elsewhere.

I wouldn’t have even bothered with that dude, he loves being a Negative Nancy in the forums and of course he comes into this one to try and rile people up for no reason. 

And I wouldn’t give up hope. If the game isn’t appearing in the official Ubisoft server closure forums then there is still a sliver of a chance that it could come back. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

I wouldn’t have even bothered with that dude, he loves being a Negative Nancy in the forums and of course he comes into this one to try and rile people up for no reason

I love you too, bro!

7 minutes ago, Golem25 said:

No, please don't. There are 18 people following this thread, and I wager the majority of them are waiting quite anxiously for a resolution as it impacts their profile and number of unobtainables - the rest (including myself) are likely to be owners of the Plat sympathetic to the plight of the others and crossing their fingers for a resolution.

This thread has been extremely informative and by and large polite for months, and I think everyone here would agree that it's best to remove individual abusive posts, divvy out warning points where appropriate, and let the thread live so people may hear the latest without having to rely on the much larger and faster moving Server Shutdown thread - which itself is reliant on shutdown notices.

I normally don't butt into these kinds of discussions on the forum, but wanted to write a simple balance of arguments in favour of and against the servers potentially being fixed by Ubisoft.

Arguments in favour;

• Ubisoft has for 95% of its games announced shutdowns well ahead of time*
  • The servers for FC2 have been offline for long stretches of time in the past, and always returned (= precedent set)
  • Other games went down and were brought back up at varying times (= precedent set)
  • The XBox 360 servers for FC2 were brought back online following the outage that affected the PS3
  • No patches (impossible on PS3 now, thanks Sony!) are required as this is a server issue rather than a game glitch

*Including for the PC version last year, which is why many people, including myself, suddenly returned to the game around May 2021, ahead of the PC's shutdown on June 1st.

Arguments against the server coming back up;

• The game is about to turn 14 years old
  • This period of downtime is the longest the game has ever seen
  • Investing time and money in the fix will not see a return on investment for Ubi

I would argue that all points against the return of the servers can be reasonably countered by the points in favour of the return. Ubi has older games that are still benefitting from older servers, they made the effort to fix all other games (and FC2 in the past) which were obviously no longer profitable, while they could have easily pulled an EA (remember FUSE?) and left them dead.

Look, for better or worse, Far Cry 2 is a bit of a Holy Grail for the PS3 era and arguably for good reason. We all want to see it come back, even those who have already earned the Plat. Look at the 'Latest Achievers' chart for :silver:Warlord;

asdasddaad.png

There's a chance I will go down in history as the third-to-last achiever of one of the online Trophies. That makes me feel awful, firstly for knowing how much time so many people have already invested because I have been there and done that, and secondly for realizing that I was this close to being in that same boat - less than a week, after having bought two extra PS3s, an extra monitor, and a HDMI splitter, and subsequently sitting in my spare bedroom for dozens of hours dealing with the already unstable servers and the actual grind.

So, for the love of God, just behave, discuss any updates as and when they arrive or continue to pursue Ubi's support, and let the thread live. Mods, please take the interests of all those anxiously waiting at heart and just punish the shitposts.

Yeah that's a good statement i agree with you. I am also a follower on this topic as well. And trust me this is currently my only unobtainable on my account and it hurts. Started it back in 2020 did the 16 player trophy, and got back to it beginning of March this year to finish up the remaining trophies online. This just hurts me like anyone else. Yeah sure, i had 2 years to do this game, but keep in mind that i own thousands of  thousands of games digital/physical. I am also going for most of the shutdown games (not all but a good chunk of them), so that was the reason why Far Cry 2 got left behind and that i didn't pay attention to the risks of it. And i do like to go for the shutdowns so i am willing to take risks on my account. But lets just hope it gets back up ASAP maybe not as we hope but later in the future. But i don't mind if this topic would be locked up. There is a lot of different opinions about the situation of Far Cry 2 server issue. And it just leads to unnecessary posts like you said. I have been tweeting them and replying on their forums, but they just keep saying be patience, once we have updates we will let you know. And they even said that the server did NOT shutdown, but have just network connections on the PS3 system. (Xbox 360 just works fine). So we will just have to see. If this isn't get fixed than i will move on and take my loss.

Well this thread atleast didnt go to suing the CEO as people talked about that in another game ?

I would still like to do this game if it comes back up. What was the last status? Did anyone contact ubisoft CS? After it was known the XBOX version was up and running again?

If CS keep on answering the same way, then the only thing I can think of is to make the devs aware by kindly asking this question directly to them. That worked with other games before.

The trouble is with Sony putting bans on new patches for ps3 games, where as if this went down on 360 they could just patch it(and did), but on ps3 its not possible. So a fix isn't so easy. Yet more ways Sony is hindering the ps3 despite claiming to support its heritage 

1 minute ago, ResiGamer_28 said:

The trouble is with Sony putting bans on new patches for ps3 games, where as if this went down on 360 they could just patch it(and did), but on ps3 its not possible. So a fix isn't so easy. Yet more ways Sony is hindering the ps3 despite claiming to support its heritage 

Games don’t need a user-side game patch to fix many server side issues, and in this case on a game that was running fine well after Sony stopped accepting new patches for PS3 titles. 

Did the 360 version receive a user patch or just get a server fix for Xbox users to continue playing again?

43 minutes ago, jpmelville said:

https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/705409-ubisoft-shutting-down-servers-assassins-creed-xbox-360-ps3?amp

For what it’s worth, the above link is the most recent article I could find for those wanting some form of an update.  Sorry to be the bearer of potentially bad news.

That news was false. It has been confirmed by sources as well. All the Assassins Creed games still working, and none of them were shut down. Ubisoft also updated their list on their page as well. And they messed up with updating the list before. Also most Ubisoft games had network issues, and most of them have been fixed by now like Rayman Legends ,Driver San Fransisco and some others. The only current one is Far Cry 2 on PS3 that is still to be broken.

Looks like H.A.W.X. 2 is also on there for PS3, but i think that still works fine as well.

See here the list: https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/help/article/multiplayer-and-online-services-availability-in-ubisoft-games/000064576

Edited by TazDevilz1986
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, jpmelville said:

https://www.gamerevolution.com/news/705409-ubisoft-shutting-down-servers-assassins-creed-xbox-360-ps3?amp

For what it’s worth, the above link is the most recent article I could find for those wanting some form of an update.  Sorry to be the bearer of potentially bad news.

It's not bad news, it's misinformation that was never corrected by that source. Sorry for revealing they're not a reliable source of information. 

On 07/06/2022 at 6:35 PM, jpmelville said:

Far Cry 2 isn't mentioned in that article and a bunch of those games still work, don't be blind to journalism because a lot of stupid newspapers like The Sun have accused people of horrible crimes they didn't commit and ruined their reputations for life. Anyway as for Far Cry 2, I doubt you'd be "annoying support" by trying to push for a fix because a lot of the "support" they're doing is finding which lines to copy and paste back to you about the game. I feel like because it's a PS3 game in 2022 no manual effort is going to be made to fix it, what you'll be waiting for is whether it's going to fix itself. Ubisoft has done unannounced server shutdowns for various games, the funniest example would be Pure Football where it shutdown in 2012 but then they announced the shutdown for it in 2014 although it was already down by that date. On the basis of that I wouldn't trust their word when they try to tell you that Far Cry 2 is still supposed to be working, it's not like the support worker is a player of the game this year. They've done this the other way too by telling people that Tom Clancy's Endwar was shutdown on PS3 when it wasn't but eventually they did shut it down unannounced as well. 

Edited by Sergen

On 6/13/2022 at 3:09 AM, Zephyr-pt said:

So servers are still dead huh? I had plenty of chances to do the online but for one reason or another i ended up postponing it everytime. I guess this could be a lesson haha.

I'll still be checking this thread every so often, as much as the game bores me this plat would be very valuable to me :')

We must send or contact Ubisoft to fix an issue with server FC2. If we don't talk with them, they will be announced after that the server officially will be down.

Edited by Tiricy

I believe I've said this opinion in this thread before, but I'll repeat it anyway since there's eyes on it again:

If you care about this game, contact Ubisoft. Don't wait for someone else to do it, you do it. Right now. Submit a ticket on their website, contact @UbisoftSupport on Twitter. This game broke on Xbox 360 as well but they got that up and running again just fine. They aren't fixing it here because they either don't know, or they don't think there's anyone left to care. We don't need to rally a thousand people to make this happen, just let them know politely that there are real people who still want to play this game. Ubisoft is very good about supporting their legacy games, they can do this.

• Like 1

There are now people sending veiled death threats to Ubisoft in the official support thread on the Ubisoft Forums. ( https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/145342/far-cry-2-multiplayer-not-working-on-ps3/73?lang=en-US&page=4 ) It's more important than ever that we create a renewed interest in this through creating support tickets. Creating mine now.

26 minutes ago, MarkGrouch said:

There are now people sending veiled death threats to Ubisoft in the official support thread on the Ubisoft Forums. ( https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/145342/far-cry-2-multiplayer-not-working-on-ps3/73?lang=en-US&page=4 ) It's more important than ever that we create a renewed interest in this through creating support tickets. Creating mine now.

Give me trophi or death!

This will surely help...

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, M-C83 said:

Look the server being shut is actually saving your sanity. Trust me the grind was painful. You should all be glad and move on. I’d love to see a remake without the MP though. Come on Ubisoft. 1f600.png

Tell me about it ? I was ready quit towards the end of the last couple of weapons if it wasn’t for the guys I was boosting it with. Grind was excessive. Personally, don’t care about stacking or auto popping trophies but wouldn’t mind me a remake of it ? 

• Like 1