What is your Hardest and Easiest Platinum ?

Chemical_Pulse

Considering I only have 6 platinums, it's not too hard of a choice, but these are it.

Easiest =                                                                                                                            Hardest =

1L7c2997.png                          1L676377.png

86.87%                                                                                 20.36%          
Common                                                                                          Uncommon               

100% kick-ass                                                              Master of Mordor                 
Get all the trophies                                                                             One has walked in Mordor.    

The Shadow of Mordor one took me around 18 hours, sure, but a few of the trophies were quite stressful.

Were as the Kickass one.... Took two hours.

Edited by Najinceil

Easiest: Megamind

Hardest: Atelier Meruru Plus. The "Plus" part is important. I thought it was impossible to beat several of those bonus bosses, not required for plat in the original. Getting that Plat was one of my prouder moments.

And though it wasn't asked:

Most time consuming Plat: Tales of Symphonia

My hardest platinum had to be the one I pined for on Alpha Protocol, I had no idea that it took that much effort to gun down every character in that game, but it did. See, in order to be able to do that, I had to have info on every person, and that took alot of grinding. 

The easiest Platinum that I had to earn would have to be Terminator Salvation, since all I had to do was beat the game on the hardest difficulty (Seriously, that's literally all I had to do to earn it, kinda like Season 1 & 2 of The Walking Dead). 

I'll choose these Two

Easiest plat ever 4 hours is all you need - Magus-

I actually had more fun plating this Terminator Shit Vation

last minute birthday plat, would of been demons forge

but the *beep Beep beep* collectables glitched

MagusPS3.jpg

Star Ocean the Last Hope -

Difficult due to everything and (checklist)

882 hours total time if you skip all of the grindy BT's with 380 hours deep

you will be far over the recommended amount :facepalm:

Star+ocean+4+(Anime).jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Easiest:

on PS3: Assassin's Creed 2 (was my very first platinum) <3

on PS4: Watch Dogs (was a pretty easy plat for me because of the amazing game content and an good helping friend for the traced trophy) :D

Hardest:

on PS3: none (were all simple and enjoyable) <3

on PS4: Bloodborne ( just because of those fucking cursed chalice dungeon) :devil: but hey I got it! :D 

Cheers!

B) B) B)

Easiest: Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy 

While open to interpretation and definitely NOT the hardest to obtain on my profile...

Hardest: Dead Nation (First game of it's type I've played so I was really inexperienced with it. Morbid is no joke either.)

Should I ever regain the patience I had when I was younger I might attempt Drakengard 3, or as it's known here Drag-on Dragoon 3, again...THAT would easily topple Dead Nation as my hardest platinum.

Decided to change my Hardest.

As different as Dead Nation was for me, I think Dishonored might have been the toughest.

If I'm taking the amount of planning I needed for a game it might be Dynasty Warriors 8: Empires. (This is one of those games where rarity shouldn't be mistaken for difficulty. It's just the amount of planning and careful actions needed to pull certain things off were a pain in the ass.) 

Easiest: Resistance Burning Skies

Hardest: Can't say for sure, maybe Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus or Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 or Metal Gear Rising, found them pretty close, but the single trophy that took me the highest number of attempts ever has been Vanquish Tactical Challenger, due to the infamous challenge 6.

Easiest: sly 1 or Cabellas adventure camp(kids bought, figured I'd just knock it out)

Hardest: site says Blur. I felt like Dead Space 2 (hardcore mode was a bitch)

it's been a long while since I posted here. I'm going to say LiS us now my easiest plat,. Although when TFTB goes on sale that will take the coveted spot.

Hardest: Dunno really, I've focused on some harder plats lately and since they're very different genres it's hard to say.

Mamorukun Curse!

MGR:R

Wipeout HD

Are the ones that took the most work.

Edited by Hemiak

Easy and Hard are such subjective words, but here goes...

Easy: Magus -or- any Telltale game post-Walking Dead -or- my cross-saved Sly 4TiT Vita plat (cross save = auto-pop)

Hard: Sports Champions and Gran Turismo 5

In terms of easy, Magus was the easiest game on my list that had gameplay.  Any of the post-TWD Telltale titles (back to the future and CSI excluded) are easy cause there is no gameplay, you just hit a few QTEs on your way to guaranteed plats if you finish each game.  However, time-wise, these take 8-10 hours on average, whereas Magus takes 3-4 (if you skip dialogue).  When time is considered above all else, any cross-save plat is the easiest since you don't have to do anything other than load your save and all trophies pop.  This applies to Sound Shapes too, but I have yet to play that game.  The argument can be made that you have to put in the initial effort on one system before you can load the cross-save on another.  While that is definitely true, if you are only considering the easiest plat you obtained, disregarding all other factors, simply starting a game and spending 10 seconds to load your save to earn a plat is by far the easiest method for any plat out there.

For the hard plats, there's many distinctions that can be made.  Was it hard cause of difficult gameplay?  Time invested? Overly-sensitive controls?  Something else?  For the 2 games I listed it was all of the above and more.  GT5 took me about 600 hours to plat due to the Vettel races and gold challenges and using a DS3 (no wheel).  Sports Champions was grindy as hell, but once you got past most of the grind, the gold and platinum tier difficulty was so hard on some sports that it took dozens, if not hundreds of tries to beat certain opponents.  Add in the shady Move controls, and it made it that much more difficult to be consistent (which was required at those tiers to even have a chance at winning).  Both of these games had touchy controls, both were long grinds, both had ridiculously hard challenges toward the end of the game, and both made me nearly pull my hair out.  They are easily the 2 hardest plats on my list, and there's a damn good reason both of them are UNDER 1% rarity.