What is your Hardest and Easiest Platinum ?

Chemical_Pulse

Hardest: Downwell/Velocity 2X

Easiest: My Name is Mayo/Nubla

All these games I felt had an equal level of difficulty and easiness for me. 

Downwell was tough because of RNG. Velocity 2X was tough because of having to perfect 50 levels and memorize every single one of them. 

My Name is Mayo is easy because you only need 10,000 clicks for the platinum. Nubla was easy because it was simply a scattering of a few collectibles and getting from Point A to Point B.

Hardest: Super Meat Boy

Easiest: Oxenfree

Oxenfree is easy to plat, but after one or max two playthroughs also boring as hell. There is no skill involved, as it is a story-driven game where there are only dialogue choices to make. One playthrough is interesting, but man, multiple playhtroughs killed it for me.

Undertale is a close second. 

• Like 1

Easiest: my Name is Mayo

Hardest: this is more difficult to answer, if Its about grinding and being patient, it would be a draw between Mortal Kombat, Injustice 2 and WWE13. If I had to choose WWE13 would be slightly above the others as the online Mode was a mess with profiles constantly being reset and Server issues all the time. 

Going by Skill Alone ufc undisputed 2009 would my pick 

Easiest platinum:

Lb9d979.png

It took two playthroughs and only a bit of dungeon grinding to get the last trophy.  Each main story is fairly short.  As far as the grinding goes, I used all of the junk equipment for smithing my reliable gear and maxed my level.  I was one-shotting stuff left and right.  Still, a fun title.

Hardest platinum:

L531aec.png

I kept putting this title off for the longest.  I had to save and replay the last mission over and over again, and sometimes I couldn't quite get the friendship levels where I needed to be to unlock endings.  I wanted to like this series; I really did.  But nah, it just wasn't enjoyable.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hardest: I'll admit, I don't have notoriously hard games on my list, but maybe I might get to them after I reach 100. That being said, I can't decide between Yakuza 0, KIwami, or RDR2. But I guess I'll go with RDR2 because of the randomness, the online trophies, and some (like gold medals) are skill based.

Easiest: My Name is Mayo. Obviously. 

Easiest: All the Telltale games I’ve played. I think Wolf Among Us had some collectibles but that might’ve been the only time I’ve had to check a guide.

Hardest: Probably World at War. The veteran single player campaign on WaW was tough, and it didn’t help that I was ultra depressed at the time which was probably the only reason I pushed through cause I had something to focus on lol. I didn’t care too much about trophies in general when I did that (just liked playing veteran mode for fun), so when I went back to it last year most of the hard trophies were out of the way since the rest of the plat isn’t actually that bad.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2019 at 3:02 PM, godofhgw said:

Easiest: my Name is Mayo

Hardest: this is more difficult to answer, if Its about grinding and being patient, it would be a draw between Mortal Kombat, Injustice 2 and WWE13. If I had to choose WWE13 would be slightly above the others as the online Mode was a mess with profiles constantly being reset and Server issues all the time. 

Going by Skill Alone ufc undisputed 2009 would my pick 

I can vow for wwe13 that online grind was insane i did it in a week nonstop boosting

Easiest: Burly Men at Sea

Hardest: can I say 2? First being Dark Souls 3. I did that offline, and was a grind pain.

Second, Dragon Age Inquisition. I've played that game 2 times on pc before buying a PS4. Got a psn+ deal, and said "why not". I was freakin tired of this game and yet, I managed a Platinum! 

Easiest: My Name is Mayo. My quickest Plat is Jack N Jill DX...but that still required a slight modicum of skill. So Mayo, has to take the cake here.

Hardest: Mass Effect 2. Most people think I'm crazy whenever I mention this as my hardest Plat...it's not even up there on the Plat difficulty scale with most guides. But ME2 was a nightmare of a game for me. I did 2 playthroughs, a Paragon run on Veteran difficultly then a Renegade run on Insanity. And Veteran itself was harder than anything I had to do in ME1....so Insanity lived up to every ounce of it's name. There was a point I was raging so hard, I literally pulled a small chunk of my hair out. Because of this...I didn't enjoy ME2 like most people did. Most people considering it the best game in the entire series...I think it's the worst (that's not saying it's a bad game, and yes this includes Andromeda)...it was just a rage fueled quest to completion, I never really got a chance to enjoy it outside of cutscenes. It was also a turning point for me too though...it taught me what NOT to put myself through with games. It's the reason I steer clear of Soulsbourne games or anything that's just outright notoriously difficult...not because I think these are bad games, but because I don't like feeling like what ME2 put me through...being angry at a game is one thing, but this was white hot, burning, seething rage...and I'd just rather not relive that through something that hard just to be hard. 

Easiest:

Gonna go with Mayo aswell,  only way to not get plat in that game would be a tragic ending.

Hardest:

That was a tough choice for me, in the end I´m giving that title to Mafia 3, with F1 2017 as a close second.

I made a mistake with the districs, so I had do to play the game 3 times. Ask any of my friends, they will tell you how much I hate this game. The state it was at release was a torture for me, glitches, bugs, missing textures every other building.

Never deleted a game faster after the last trophy popped.

Easiest: Slyde

Hardest: Divinity: Original Sin: Tacital mode was brutal, there were battles I had to replay over and over to the point I thought I would have to restart, and then get through by the skin of my teeth.

Edited by tpepper1985

Easiest - Maybe Slyde or Corpse Party Blood Drive (KR) the debug menu was left in

Hardest - Id probably say Mass effect 3 having to do it on the hardest difficulty which isnt too hard if your a vanguard or a sentinel, But I did new game plus with an infiltrator. Not sure if others have played the game but on the hardest difficulty its quiet a challenge I remember especially the purple enemies being solid, especially as your weapons are a sniper riffle, SMG and pistol. And the sniper has very limited ammo.    

• 2 years later...