All-new PlayStation Plus launches in June with 700+ games and more value than ever

Official announcement.

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/03/29/all-new-playstation-plus-launches-in-june-with-700-games-and-more-value-than-ever/#sf255029422

Death Stranding, God of War, Marvel’s Spider-Man, Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Mortal Kombat 11, and Returnal will be some of the games available at launch.

PlayStation Now customers will migrate over to PlayStation Plus Premium with no increase to their current subscription fees at launch.

The launch will be regional, starting with Asia, followed by North America, Europe, and then the rest of the world.

Cloud streaming will be expanded to other markets, but at launch it will only be available to regions that had access to PlayStation Now.

PS3 games will be available through streaming, while PS1, PS2, and PSP games can be streamed or downloaded.

Edited by Abby_TheLastofUs
  • Like 1

Really seems like the formal announcement should have been a new thread. Now someone coming to the thread trying to follow the existing conversation is going to be trying to follow conversations that aren't related to the title and opening post.

About the new topic: As I expected, there were no less-expensive options presented, and as I didn't, there now there seems to be only two games per month instead of three. 

• Like 4

So, it looks like this is nothing more than a rebrand of PS Now, aside from the addition of PS5 games to the service and a cheaper non-streaming tier. No longer being able to pick up a month of PS Now without interfering with my Plus subscription is a bit annoying, but not the end of the world. I'm surprised the rumor mill was able to get so much mileage out of this one if this is the end result.

5 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

WOW this is big big big you can download ps1 2 3 and psp games HOLYYYYCRAP!!!! Trophies please!! SSX TRICKY!!!!!!

If I read the blog post correctly, it doesn't actually say download PS3, but PS1, PS2 and PSP.

• PS3 games available via cloud streaming
  • A catalog of beloved classic games available in both streaming and download options from the original PlayStation, PS2 and PSP generations 

• Like 4

It's just about what I was expecting it to be. I had my expectations set fairly low, so I'm not disappointed. Nothing groundbreaking, just a rebrand of the current services with a few extras thrown in. The price remains the same for the people who only want to keep their existing subscription tier, so that's fair enough. Personally I'm leaning more towards the middle option, but I'll wait and see before deciding what to go for. 

This was never going to be a true game pass competitor, simply because first-party games were never going to be offered on it day-and-date, and that's the only thing that sets game pass apart from the competition. It was only the media who were hyping it up as such, so unless you were buying into that hype, then you can't really be disappointed.

Just now, cometowner said:

how does premium work in a region that was not having the PS Now ??

• PlayStation Plus Deluxe (Select Markets) For markets without cloud streaming, PlayStation Plus Deluxe will be offered at a lower price compared to Premium, and includes a catalog of beloved classic games from the original PlayStation, PS2 and PSP generations to download and play, along with time-limited game trials. Benefits from Essential and Extra tiers are also included. Local pricing will vary by market.

• Like 3

I wonder how it will turn out for PS Plus Deluxe, as there is no PS Now for Turkey at the moment and I guess we won't get PS Plus Premium. The announcement, too many different tiers and things like this (prices change by locale etc.) seems a bit all over the place. Hope they can make things smooth with no big network issues.

Few things I would expect in this announcement:

- They didn't mention how to upgrade the existing services, will it be just the difference?

- A gift of a monthly premium plus for existing members or at least existing members who have more than X year Plus membership.

I'll probably use the Extra version on/off when I want to play multiple games from the catalog for a time and then come back to normal tier.

Just now, Ghost said:

• PlayStation Plus Deluxe (Select Markets) For markets without cloud streaming, PlayStation Plus Deluxe will be offered at a lower price compared to Premium, and includes a catalog of beloved classic games from the original PlayStation, PS2 and PSP generations to download and play, along with time-limited game trials. Benefits from Essential and Extra tiers are also included. Local pricing will vary by market.

So, no PS3 games for this regions?

The fact the PS3 games are cloud streaming only instead of having a download option like the others is a bit of a bummer. I guess they really couldn't get around the constraints of the PS3's console architecture.

Edited by bikeman223
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, evs_castro said:

So, no PS3 games for this regions?

Sadly, no. Only way to play them is from streaming.

4 minutes ago, Ghost said:

cannot understand after this many years why streaming services cannot be taken seriously in my region. My region has players count more than other region which has PS NOW

• Like 1

On 25/03/2022 at 0:39 PM, Vergil said:

I'll see the details before making a decision. But honestly i don't want a Netflix thing like every thing out there is turning into

"You'll own nothing and be happy"

-Klaus Schwab (The Devil). 

As for me, I'm willing to pay for it for a few months if I can 100% some of my PS3 games (FFXIII, XIII-2, Crysis 3, etc).  Other than that, I'm with you, they can sling it!!

• Like 4

just like I thought, it's the worst deal possible, and the worst thing is Ryan's comment about the future of PlayStation being in live service multi platform games, Jesus...

Edited by THE ONE WHO KNOCKS
  • Like 1