Sonic Origins Trophy Thoughts

Ultraxian

10 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

It sounds great to me: nothing too complicated, yet not an EZPZ platinum (I mean, you don't get a gold trophy just for dying in the first motorbug 1f605.png).

Yoo, it's been a while!!

For someone who played the originals hundreds of times, it's a bit sad not seeing trophies like "complete boss rush without taking damage", "collect all the Super Emeralds" or "go Super with every playable character"; like some people mentioned, it's quite an easy list, but contrary to Mania, which had a decent list, at least this one has a platinum.

Trophies like, starting to play the game, start boss rush, play mirror mode, fly as tails and glide as knuckles are just stupid, you'll do that eventually, why not focus on other fun aspects of the game?

But I digress, can't wait to play this on the 23rd :)

On top of being incredibly easy, it also counts the PS4 and PS5 versions as seperate lists allowing us to double dip.

I don't know if saves are transferable for auto-popping but even if it's not, playing through the game a second time is going to be trivial.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AToMiCxSnuggles said:

Why don’t they make hard trophies/platinums anymore? 

This has to be a trick question. There's SEVERAL hard trophies/platinum games that are out there. Nothing wrong with a simple, enjoyable trophy list. Every trophy doesn't have to be a hard trophy to earn. 

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, EmperorZetta said:

My only concern about the game itself is input lag, that has historically been a problem with these Sega retro collections

This is a remake of Sonic 1, 2, 3 and CD using Christian Whitehead's Retro Engine, the same as Sonic Mania, I assume that input lag won't be a problem, contrary to the retro collection's ports.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Sunnyburrito said:

One of these days developers will have to ask permission to create a trophy list because people complain about every single aspect, if it's hard people complain, long complain, short complain, speedrun complain, Jesus Christ.

100% Facts!! But this also can be applied to almost everything in life. Literally all ppl do is complain about everything. 

• Like 1

Looks like an easy enough list, especially for a Sonic game. They could have made it harder doing what every sonic game in the past has done and asked, idk S ranking in all missions instead of just letting you have your pick of 10 of them.

Edited by DEMON
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

At least there's clear this Sonic game on either the Anniversary or Classic Mode. No doubt there will be save states and/or a rewind feature, since this had to appeal to modern audiences after all. Far too many participation trophies, there's only a select few that require any real effort.

It was confirmed that there are no save state or rewind features, but there are infinite lives in Anniversary Mode... so there still is no challenge in beating the games.

4 hours ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

The last good Sonic game was clearly Shadow the Hedgehog on PS2

While I would disagree about saying that was the last good game, I would absolutely love to see a remake/remaster of this game! It would also be amazing to have a trophy list featuring a trophy for completing all endings! I attempted that on the GC version of the game, doing all the endings in order. Let's just say I had Digital Circuit down to muscle memory at that point and didn't even have to think at all for it!

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

While I would disagree about saying that was the last good game, I would absolutely love to see a remake/remaster of this game! It would also be amazing to have a trophy list featuring a trophy for completing all endings! I attempted that on the GC version of the game, doing all the endings in order. Let's just say I had Digital Circuit down to muscle memory at that point and didn't even have to think at all for it!

I'm just joking about the "last good game" bit but I do actually really like that game and would also be excited if it were to come to PSN

It looks rather simple, some trophies seem unnecessary at first, still It's a good list, I don't mind fun and easy plats especially with Sonic.

I Still have PSTD from the Eggmanland hot dogs challenges in Unleashed tho...

I'm just glad a digital only Sonic game has a platinum for once. I still want the platinum I feel like I'm owed for Sonic Adventure 1 and 2.

Both of those games made me do more than most of the games I ACTUALLY PLATINUMED!

That said, here's hoping for DLC trophies (Like Minecraft or the Uncharted Collection) that are just harder unrequired trophies.

7 hours ago, JediOniram said:

It was confirmed that there are no save state or rewind features, but there are infinite lives in Anniversary Mode... so there still is no challenge in beating the games.

The actual challenges might be something. We can only hope.