PS+ Essential August 2022 - Tony Hawk's™ Pro Skater™ 1 + 2, Yakuza: Like a Dragon, Little Nightmares

Abby_TheLastofUs

3 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Is this Yakuza a good one to try the series if I never have played one?

Depends.  If you like turn-based RPG's, then you'll probably like YLAD.  But this game was a departure from the rest of the series which is mainly 3rd person action / beat em up.  If that is more your style then Yakuza 0 is a good place to start.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, kinnyman said:

Depends.  If you like turn-based RPG's, then you'll probably like YLAD.  But this game was a departure from the rest of the series which is mainly 3rd person action / beat em up.  If that is more your style then Yakuza 0 is a good place to start.

25a.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DeepEyes7 said:

Is this Yakuza a good one to try the series if I never have played one?

Having played all, you will be fine. Although, somebody who played the previous games will be able to get so many references and also appreciate why some characters are viewed as "legendary" despite having very little screen time. 

• Like 2

I love this lineup. I will play all of these (eventually  ... the backlog struggle is real).

Just remember that a game at the Essentials tier can be added to your library, while games at the higher tiers can be removed from the service at any time.

Not bad! In the past, I kicked myself for not grabbing Little Nightmares when it was on sale, so I'll be glad to get it. Of course, I do wish it was the Complete Edition.

Like a Dragon isn't really my sort of thing, but it looks hilarious, and you've got to appreciate when a game is willing to star middle-aged characters. A pretty sweet pick up for many.

• Like 1

I've been interested in trying Little Nightmates and tony hawk.  I never played any yakuza and been thinking of getting one.  So a pretty good month for me, the first solid month since I first joined.  I don't think I will be playing any of these on my main account, maybe yakuza and possibly THPS. Wish LN was the complete edition...

On 7/27/2022 at 7:32 AM, zizimonster said:

Little Nightmares' Hard to the Core :gold: is about to get rarer. :awesome:

At least this trophy actually takes some effort and will probably stay ultra rare. I was frustrated a few years ago when Sims 4 was free and I lost a bunch of ultra rares when people used the gallery to cheese the game. This is a good month, but only Yakuza for me as I've already have 100% in Little Nightmares and Tony Hawk. Tony Hawk is tough, but it is easier than a 8/10 difficulty, it's more like a 6/10 in my opinion just the level 100 trophy is the real time sink in this game.

• Like 1

Another solid line-up, and one I can fully benefit from to boot. These are all games I've been interested in to some degree and I don't own any of them.

Yakuza will probably be furthest down the ranks in my backlog only because I want to play through some of the other Yakuza games first, I still need to get around to those. I'm not usually a skater guy but THPS has looked a blast seeing friends give it a crack and I did enjoy American Wasteland back on PS2. Little Nightmares, shame it's not the complete edition but I'm just being greedy xD I've been eyeing this up for some time, will probably save it for my annual obligatory Halloween game.

52 minutes ago, Jermster_91 said:

None of the games appeal to me unfortunately. 

If I may - If you liked Stray, I'd really recommend maybe looking twice at Little Nightmares - there's quite a lot of crossover in the style and pace of those two games, and in the atmospheric and environmental storytelling... I'd be genuinely surprised to hear of anyone digging Stray, and not at least appreciating Little Nightmares.