Dead Island 2 lives (PS5|PS4)

Abby_TheLastofUs

Preposterous, I refuse to believe this game is anything other than an elaborate shitpost at this point...

But in all seriousness, I would very much like for this game to actually exist, and hopefully this is some proof that it does. I imagine I'll have about as much fun playing it as I did the previous Dead Island games. That is, constantly moaning about how shit they are while playing them, while simultaneously having a weird sense of enjoyment.

Edited by Raidou Kuzunoha XIV
  • Like 1

I've been re-playing the 1st Dead Island again for the like 10th time on my Steam Deck recently hoping for news on whether or not DI2 was ever gonna happen... Looks like I sorta have an answer now, but I'm not holding my breathe until someone announces that this shit has gone gold. Box art looks pretty dope though if that's what it actually ends up looking like. 

Never played any of the Dead Island games, I kept putting them off mainly because I kept hearing about how bad the glitches and technical issues were. I doubt very much if this game will be any different, especially considering the well documented development hell it's had, but I'll reserve my final judgement until it actually launches and reviews come out. I wouldn't be getting my hopes up, though.

Dambuster Studios did what they could to save Homefront The Revolution taking over it mid development on an underdeveloped engine like crytek, I'm not going to hold that game against them, when they had full control of its post release story expansions, they improved the story and game design a lot

they're doing the same with Dead Island 2 so I'm not expecting the game to be amazing, but I know that they will do decent work

The first Dead Island was one of the most enjoyable coop experiences I had with friends. The game wasn't in any way perfect, but if you play with the right people then even a messy game can be incredibly fun. Excited this is still happening and I have zero expectations.

2 hours ago, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

I honestly think the first game and riptide were pretty bad... after the amazing first trailer the game turned out to be just a brainless, unpolished, slasher glitchfest so dead island 2 is not something I am excited for.

p.s. someone wants to tell them LA is not an island?

...Not yet.

Anyway, I loved DI and Riptide. Some of my favorite games of the generation. I've been looking forward to this game for yeaaaars.