Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol 1 Coming to PS5

Abby_TheLastofUs

On 8/31/2023 at 6:17 AM, JPtheNeurotic said:

Regardless, adding a warning about the content hurts no one .

Except the original development team. Now you're telling them that their work needs to be preceded by warnings. 

Can't have any opinion without someone making it personal.

Edited by Stevieboy
clean up for edited post
  • Like 2

On 8/22/2023 at 7:37 PM, Parker said:

Konami came out with a statement that said every console but the Switch is "targeting" 1080p/60fps, whereas the Switch targets 1080p/30fps docked and 720p/30fps in handheld mode. 

1080p/60fps on PS5 isn't great, but it is better than 720p. 

Source: https://www.ign.com/articles/konami-confirms-metal-gear-solid-master-collection-vol-1-resolution-and-framerate

Parker

This is fantastic news! Thanks a lot for the information.🙂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OMAX-__-Xx said:

They're adding more trophies compared to ps3 versions

I would have preferred a separate platinum for both Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake but I'm happy they at least are getting a joint platinum.

Metal Gear Solid could have more trophies but I hope that at least the platinum it's a little challenging.

I'm happy they added more trophies for MGS2 & MGS3, I hope that MGS3 gets a trophy for earning the Foxhound codename to make the platinum a little more challenging.

I'm happy overall, waiting for the release, I hope the PS4 versions of MGS2 & 3 are getting the extra trophies too, hopefully as base game trophies instead of DLC-like trophies.

Edited by Deceptrox
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Rewemarkt66 said:

if they added the highest ranks as trophys in these games i might fail the platinum. 4 was already hard, but i got it smh donr, but these 3 are even more challenging and harder controls, f. if they wiuld show these damn reqirements finally, it's killing me too wait ahhhh

The only game that has an hard to get highest codename aside from MGS4 is MGS2. The requirements for the Big Boss codename in MGS2 are basically the same as for MGS4's Big Boss emblem but what makes MGS2 even more difficult is that you can only save 8 times and still get the BB codename if you meet the other requirements too. 

MGS3's Foxhound codename is the easiest from all games but it's still a bit challenging. MGS1 BB codename could be obtained even if you use the bandana and/or stealth camo, so unless that's patched it shouldn't be too bad.

However we are just speculating, we don't know for sure what are the requirements for the new trophies.

Edited by Deceptrox

20 minutes ago, RomanPeirs said:

Please, God, let there be "achieve the highest ranking" trophies in every game. 🙏 🙏 🙏

God doesn't care, but I doubt that given the current trend they would want to raise the difficulty bar again. I guess they will replace the difficult gold ones with easier silver and bronze ones. Personally, I won't do Platinum a second time in any MGS, Platinum in MGS2 was not fun... We'll find out soon. I'll play MGS1, of course. Regards!

Edited by Kessarath
  • Like 1

I wonder what the 5 new trophies in MGS2 & MGS3 will entail? The lists were fairly comprehensive in the HD versions, the only thing I can think of is specific rank requirements. I'm glad the MSX games are getting trophies when they quite easily could have been ignored.  

Edited by bikeman223

Not buying it on day 1, I'll wait for a sale. It's the same deal as Rockstar with Red Dead Redemption with the only exception being MGS HD Collection is more expensive then RDR Goty. Rockstar charges 49$ for a port version of the (360) game, while Konami charges 49$ for the same HD + 10$ for extras (which is the only difference that MGS has over RDR).

I'll also wait for the trophy list... I never started MGS on PS3 though owning the physical version of the game because MSG has a pain and boring list, from what I've read. If it's going to be the "same", I might just pass it or wait for a bigger sale. This "backwards compatible" scheme for PS5 is becoming expensive...

• Like 3

On 9/19/2023 at 3:52 AM, UlvenFenrir said:

Definitely getting this day 1. So much content and alot of games. Any excuse to play metal gear solid again is a good excuse.

I really hope we get mgs4 in vol2 but I don't even know if that's possible.

Why would it not be possible? To be honest, I think they're gonna push to get 4 in Vol 2 because that'll be the first time it'll legally be playable off the PS3.

• Like 2