What is your best PS PLUS discovery?

olliebear66t

After looking through  my trophy list its gonna be some from my early days of ps plus since over the last many years I keep a pretty thorough list of games I'm interested in.

Fez - Awesome and creative little platformer and was one of the very first indie games I ever played.  Really opened my eyes to how great indies could be.

Guacamelee - Awesome indie metroidvania that was funny and great to look at.  Helped me realiz how much I missed motroidvanias

Yakuza Kiwami - It was on my wish list but not sure I would have gotten to it if not for ps plus.  Played one and two at this point and plan to do the whole series they are a blast to play.

Deus Ex Human Revolution - Another game that was on my wish list but not sure if I ever would have gotten around to it.  Really loved it and am planning to play the sequel ats ome point.

I'm sure there are a few more but those stuck out at first glance. 

17 hours ago, Nerkey said:

Obviously Dead by Daylight actually +1800h on this game. I played Friday the 13th I though the 2 games was very similar thats why I never bought DbD

Same here. Played it lots with  ps4, now we have it for ps5 I started again.

Have to say also Ghost of tsushima, I tried Sekiro and did not like and thought it would be similar.

And marvels guardians of galaxy. I'm not a fan of marvel or dc. 

Still loads of games in ps+ library, that I haven't got time to even try. 

Remnant from the ashes

Friends asked me if I want to join them with the coop mode. 

I looked over the game I never heared of and complained about another souls like clone. 

Well little I knew; now I am at ~300h, I love to play the "story mode", I love to play the survival mode.

a friend bestowed me the korean disk which I completed in summer and I try to get my hands on the japanese version. 

not only is it a game i would never paid attention to, it also became one of my all time favorite games to play. 

thanks to psn plus and of course my crew. 

16 minutes ago, mataningo said:

Life is Strange

Sony never gave the full games if I remember correctly (except TWD S2) which led me into buying the season passes in order to complete them fully and actually buying more games from Telltale.

The only times the full season of episodic games wasn't on PS+ was The Walking Dead Season 1 in 2013, and King Quest in 2015. Both times it was just the first episode.

Deadly Premonition. I never would've bought a game that looked that "bad" on my own. It ended up being one of my all time favorites and I ended up buy the Switch version when it came out.

Lone Survivor was a pretty great indie that was on PS Plus during the PS3's time. Farily captivating game with a pretty memorable story. 

• Like 2

Quite a few for me actually. So of what I played from plus that I would have otherwise probably not have bought: 

Caligula Effect Overdose- it has its faults with the gameplay and visuals, but I really liked the overarching concept, music and characters. 

Detroit Become human - amazing game, a 10/10. I usually never play these types of drama games but this game got me into them

Beyond Two souls- not the best as the trophies were annoying, but it wasn't terrible either.

Atelier Sophie- my first Atelier and it was fun. I don't think I would play another atelier as I'm not into cutesy girls and the whole alchemy thing, but I did like this game. 

Life is Strange- a great game, and I subsequently played the rest of the series.

In my PS Plus backlog i also have the FF7 remake, Yakuza like a dragon, Disgaea 4 on vita and Disgaea 5 on PS4, tearaway and the Witch and Hundred knights which all are pretty good games. I played Disgaea 4 on PS4 and remember it being quite hard so I did not finish it, so I'm not sure if I will play them. 

21 hours ago, mataningo said:

Life is Strange

Sony never gave the full games if I remember correctly (except TWD S2) which led me into buying the season passes in order to complete them fully and actually buying more games from Telltale.

That's a good point. I can't remember if I would have played life is strange otherwise but it is a rare 10/10 game for me. But yeah, sony did always give the full season for episode based games. what are you on about 

• Like 1

Life Is Strange. 

Downloaded it just to have it on my list and didn’t pay it too much attention. Was bored one summer and decided to play it, loved every single minute of it and immediately bought 2 and Before the Storm. Bought True Colours on the PS5 on release too. I hope these games go on for eternity

• Like 1

Steep, man I was in awe when I played it. I loved the fun gameplay so much and the scenery is unbelievably realistic. I would have never touched this game without PS Plus and it's one of my best gaming experiences so far

Also Mad Max, procrastinated it for years, finally played it and I was surprised how satisfying and well done this game is. made me watch the Mad Max movies and I really wish there was a second game

• Like 1