Trophy Thoughts?

GJohny

2 minutes ago, Ozetkiller said:

People forget how good the mp of this game was. I started it after completing the main game and was imediately hooked for a week or two. Was so addictive and fun.

I remember when part 2 was announced one of my first thoughts was: i hope that the multiplayer will be as good as in the first game. Its sad they completely left it out. Same with this Remake..

Will probably play it when its on a good sale or free

Also why i mention this is that the multiplayer of this game  had a big community playing it still after years. I remember going back many years later and there was still full lobbies of people playing. Probably still today if the servers are up. I dont understand why they didnt continue that in part 2

1 hour ago, fudgeroach said:

the online trophies in the first remake were defo something that stopped me picking up that version so if this one drops low enough in price ill be happy to get it :']

the difficulty trophies would have been a nice challenge, but i agree with others on here that they'll probably get added in a ng+ dlc pack like forbidden west (for better or worse)

You can play it on hard. For yourself.

• Like 1

I'm sort of glad this is easy. I love TLOU to death, but I never platinumed the original (Xbox main) even though 've played it 3-4 times for fun. Glad I can revisit it, do a completionist run for the Plat, but move on within a week. 

As an aside, I'm getting fed up on missing AAA trophy list reveals because of sheer number trophy list stacks dominating the home page. Wish there was a way PSNProfiles scanners would "bucket" stacks together (for example - "See Regions" - after the title) rather than listing each stack. Not the sites fault, obviously, blame Sony's policies.  

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ozetkiller said:

Also why i mention this is that the multiplayer of this game  had a big community playing it still after years. I remember going back many years later and there was still full lobbies of people playing. Probably still today if the servers are up. I dont understand why they didnt continue that in part 2

Because a standalone multiplayer is coming

1 minute ago, PhantomFear94 said:

Getting fed up on missing AAA trophy list reveals because of shitty trophy list stacks dominating the home page...

Not the topic

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Charizarzar said:

Sony seems to have stopped allowing difficulty trophies in the main lists of first-party games, so that's usually why you'll see them added later as DLC.

Seems more like developers have largely chosen not to put them in their main lists.

I got this game for free on PS3 back in the day, but never got around to playing it. Then I got the PS4 remaster as a gift shortly after it's release and never got around to playing it either. Maybe I'll actually get around to playing this PS5 version and ignore those the previous gen versions I have sitting on my shelf. If I want some extra challenge, even if the trophies don't require it, I can always just do them myself.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

It doesn't feel like I'm playing the exact same game again. I know, weird, because I platted it twice including the Remastered version very recently. That's five playthroughs in 2.5 years and yet I feel almost like I'm playing for the first time. 

The characters are the same. The dialogue is the same. The story is the same. But it feels different. Those saying this is "just another remaster" are outright wrong. Voice work and motion capture re-use aside, this feels like it was totally rebuilt. This doesn't just look a little better like the PS4 remaster did, it looks significantly better. It sounds significantly better. The cutscenes are in real time and feel much more immersive as a result. The gun play and stealth feel superior (even if Joel's moveset is unchanged). It's down to the individual whether they think it is worth getting right now for themselves alone. Are there things I wish they could have added? Yes, but at the same time I have no regrets about slapping down the €80 it cost me here in Ireland to get it, and a day early to boot. Whether y'all get it now or wait for a sale you probably won't be disappointed when you forget about what you were hoping it would be and actually get stuck in.

So you're saying it's more akin to Shadow of the Colossus?

Which was $40.

Or is it like Resident Evil 2, which was a remake from the ground up and completely thrusted arguably the best Resident Evil into the current generation with almost-perfect execution?

Which was $60.

I've never had a problem with them releasing TLOU as a remake on PS5. I've had a problem with them haphazardly trying to justify a $70 price-tag; the highest available price for PS5 AAA games. It sets a standard that I'm not fond of for others to follow. Especially when they removed the Multiplayer as well.

15 minutes ago, Alayaes said:

So you're saying it's more akin to Shadow of the Colossus?

Which was $40.

Or is it like Resident Evil 2, which was a remake from the ground up and completely thrusted arguably the best Resident Evil into the current generation with almost-perfect execution?

Which was $60.

I've never had a problem with them releasing TLOU as a remake on PS5. I've had a problem with them haphazardly trying to justify a $70 price-tag; the highest available price for PS5 AAA games. It sets a standard that I'm not fond of for others to follow. Especially when they removed the Multiplayer as well.

50 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

It's down to the individual whether they think it is worth getting right now for themselves alone. Are there things I wish they could have added? Yes, but at the same time I have no regrets about slapping down the €80 it cost me here in Ireland to get it, and a day early to boot. Whether y'all get it now or wait for a sale you probably won't be disappointed when you forget about what you were hoping it would be and actually get stuck in.

I wish they would atleast make you do everything in the game. Not bothered about difficulty but atleast playing the game to the full like upgrading all weapons. 

I'll probably still do 2 playthroughs as I dont like going for collectibles on the first run as I have to follow guides and it spoils it when I want to experience the story again so will do that in new game plus. 

Technically this will be like playthrough number 5 as did 2 on PS3 and 2 on PS4 but its just that good. 

Might do it back to back with a playthrough of part 2 as only did that once. 

I think this list is pretty good and was able to platinum it fairly easily when reviewing it (which you can read here if you are so inclined).

I will mention that the game tracks collectibles a little differently so using an old guide might not get you everything. The jokes aren't tracked as well (it says there are three when there are really five or so) and there is an optional conversation in the Cargo subchapter that didn't count as one in the original releases. Old guides still mostly 99% work, but just be prepared for very slight differences.

However, like I said, still a good list that I enjoyed completing once again.

Edited by Chaos_Bladez

No chance in hell I'm forking over €79.99 to play it again, I will probably get it once it drops a lot in price. Regarding the trophy list, it's a joke they took out any challenge this plat could have.

Edited by JAK-KRIEG

Just now, Cleggworth said:

Can't wait to get started with it, i do have a question if anyone has played through it already though. How does left behind work? Played separately still?

Yeah, it is not infused into the main campaign and is still a separate option.

Its trophies are also infused into the main game's list, meaning that "getting all the artifacts" is one big pool of both the base game and Left Behind.

• Like 1

Just now, Chaos_Bladez said:

Yeah, it is not infused into the main campaign and is still a separate option.

Its trophies are also infused into the main game's list, meaning that "getting all the artifacts" is one big pool of both the base game and Left Behind.

That's a shame, would have been a cool option to play it straight through with the main game. Ah well

9 minutes ago, Cleggworth said:

That's a shame, would have been a cool option to play it straight through with the main game. Ah well

I can see that, but personally, I think it would completely throw off the pacing. That hard cut to her shooting the rabbit is very effective and

Spoiler

slowly piecing together that Joel is still alive is very well done

. Adding a three-hour chapter in the middle of that would drag it all out.

• Like 1