Trophy Thoughts?

GJohny

So easy list but like some of you have said if you are after 100% completion ID wait, so you can knock it all out at once rather than having to come back to it. So catch it in a sale if you have played this before as NG+ and grounded will most likely be DLC as main lists do not tend to have these difficulty trophies any more, I remember a time when that was the normal lol.

Edited by TheRetroManiac
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, czDante92 said:

They suck ass and siphon all the fun outta the game.
I hate collectibles so much it's unreal and boy, the optional conversations might be even worse. I'll take fun challenge over playing with guide open next to me, making sure I don't miss one of 200+ bullshit laying around.
Someone need to remind devs that nobody does them the "legit" way and they were cool when the stuff you collected was bright objects visible across the room, not some literal rubbish scattered around the level.
I'll take (fun) challenge over this buttfuckery any day.

254 to be exact.

The platinium is pure collectible pain

4 minutes ago, JhOnNY_HD said:

254 to be exact.

The platinium is pure collectible pain

doesnt PS5 have some in build guides?

7 hours ago, TheRetroManiac said:

grounded will most likely be DLC as main lists do not tend to have these difficulty trophies any more, I remember a time when that was the normal lol.

but grounded already in game. even permadeath uncluded. 

i dont see any reason for updates apart from some bug fix

Edited by Voland44

1 hour ago, anotherfangirl said:

You probably meant this as a sarcastic reply, but I honestly prefer Part 2. I played it three times and I'm already thinking about another playthrough in the near future.

To stay on topic: I played Part 1 on PS3 when the game was released and haven't played it since, so I'm definitely buying this new version. I'm happy with the trophy list as it is, but I'm pretty sure they'll add the "Grounded Mode" trophies as a DLC soon.

What??

Sarcastic?

My opinion is that part 2 is a masterpiece

But of course I love first part too

• Like 4

It's a nice and handy list. Never played the original PS3 version, so this will be my second time going into it. Already platted Remastered and played the multiplayer for ages, well beyond any trophy requirements as I thoroughly enjoyed it. I have nothing to prove, I just want to sit back and enjoy the game without worrying too much about trophies.

I've never understood the mentality among some people that every trophy list needs to be difficult and/or grindy. I don't know if it's an ego thing or what, but it's okay to take a day off from being punished and just enjoy a game. There are plenty of other stupidly difficult games with equally difficult trophies for you to earn. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, willmill97 said:

I find it ironic that Sony want to make platinum more accessible for people by removing the difficulty trophies, yet keep in collectible trophies, considering collectibles are way to harder to get 

There definitely can be games where the collectibles are harder than hard mode on a game. 

Lets face it. The hardest part were the multiplayer trophies. Survivor NG+ was a breeze and thats all you needed for the platinum. I'm pretty sure they'll add a NG+ and difficulty trophies DLC down the line. They'll probably add MP trophies a la Ghost of Tsushima and thats the way it should be - let people who want those kinds of trophies separate from the platinum. I dont mind the difficulty trophies but MP can go to hell. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Voland44 said:

doesnt PS5 have some in build guides?

Some trophies have "tips" for PS+ subscribers (lol, really getting my money worth on this btw), but they're mostly "shoot Cyberdemon until it dies"-tier advice and I wouldn't be surprised if it was discontinued like the player awards since it's 1000 times easier and better to look the trophy help on your smartphone.
When I'm bothered with collectibles, I just have my ntb open next to me, with video guide (shoutout to PowerPyx and other trophy heroes) but it's still extremely boring and tedious and most importantly, NOT FUN.

42 minutes ago, rmsison1 said:

Lets face it. The hardest part were the multiplayer trophies. Survivor NG+ was a breeze and thats all you needed for the platinum. I'm pretty sure they'll add a NG+ and difficulty trophies DLC down the line. They'll probably add MP trophies a la Ghost of Tsushima and thats the way it should be - let people who want those kinds of trophies separate from the platinum. I dont mind the difficulty trophies but MP can go to hell. 

There is no multiplayer and since they're working on standalone Factions game, I'm pretty sure there won't be. And multiplayer trophies were pretty easy as well, if you're skilled enough for Survivor NG+ to be a breeze, then surviving 2 cycles of MP can't be a problem either.

I guess it really depends what you look for in a trophy list.  Personally, I much prefer it being more chilled.  I remember completing the PS4 story and I only had about 3 trophies which was something of a record for a game I’d “finished”.  I never did get round to grinding the rest or trying the multiplayer.

Does anyone know if there are any missables on this list?  Will the collectibles be available through chapter select?

Edited by Citizenofpanem1

I'm going to pass on this. The Last of Us has already gotten more than enough royal treatment in the past decade. I would rather have Naughty Dog focus on a new IP, but we all know that is too much risk for most big gaming companies nowadays.

Edited by AJ_Radio
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

I'm going to pass on this. The Last of Us has already gotten more than enough royal treatment in the past decade. I would rather have Naughty Dog focus on a new IP, but we all know that is too much risk for most big gaming companies nowadays.

The skyrim and gta v treatment. Every playstation from ps5 to ps10 will have a remaster

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, offdutysuperhero said:

The skyrim and gta v treatment. Every playstation from ps5 to ps10 will have a remaster

what's wrong with that? u do realize that every gen will have NEW gamers who may not have been able to experience older titles? 

and for the ppl who already played it on PS3 and PS4 and willing to spend another $70 on the PS5 version... let them? 

C0M3tE8UAAAUSOR.jpg

36 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

What’s wrong with that? You do realize that every gen will have NEW gamers who may not have been able to experience older titles? 

…And for the people who already played it on PS3/PS4 and are willing to spend another $70 on the PS5 version, let them?

C0M3tE8UAAAUSOR.jpg

In my eyes, reboots/remakes/remasters are cool and all but when a major release games studio for some time has been investing more time and money into reworking their existing titles to fit newer consoles/technology than developing proper sequels or (even better) brand new IP? That’s when it becomes a problem.

Edited by Its_Almost_Dry
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

what's wrong with that? u do realize that every gen will have NEW gamers who may not have been able to experience older titles? 

and for the ppl who already played it on PS3 and PS4 and willing to spend another $70 on the PS5 version... let them? 

C0M3tE8UAAAUSOR.jpg

1 hour ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

C0M3tE8UAAAUSOR.jpg

Where in my comment did i say something was wrong with it or i was telling people not to purchase it?

Edit: trophy list is dissapointing tho

Edited by offdutysuperhero