Leaderboard for profiles under 50% average rarity

Value of 100% Games and Ultra Rare platinums  

149 members have voted

1. 1. How many points should 100% games be worth?

2. 2. How many additional points should Ultra Rare platinums be worth?

8 hours ago, Pots3k said:

This guy though, that's a hell of a list you've curated mate. almost sub 40% with over 600 plats, that's beautiful

And yeah I love this idea, count me in!

Psn: Pots3k 

Platinums: 217

UR platinums: 38

Average rarity: 39.56%

Thanks ? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

My one concern with this scoring method is, if I'm interpreting it right, you get one extra point for every ultra rare platinum, correct? If so, we run into the same problem as with the regular leaderboards - ultra rares typically take hundreds of hours to complete, while even at the 40-50% mark you can find an abundance of games that take only a day or two. So the path to recognition is easy games, just like on the regular leaderboard, with the only difference being that you can't spam quite as effectively.

For what it's worth (nothing), I agree with this entirely and, if I were organizing this "event?", I would modify it a little to make UR plats worth 5 or something. Imo they need to have heavier weight.

But alas, I am not running this and will enjoy the ride.

Edited by BeautifulTorment
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Hey, just wanted to drop in and say, that I think what you're setting up here is a cool idea - and congratulate you on it! 1f44d.png

It's, frankly, a more reasonable set up than has generally been suggested in most of the bi-monthly "rarity leaderboard request" rallies that have been going on for years 1f602.png

It's an elegant and simple set up, it's voluntary, so no one is being retroactively signed up against their will to a competition they had no interest in being a part of when they joined the site, and importantly, it doesn't actually invalidate or marginalise playing good-but-common games - just encourages a healthy trophy diet, without too much gorging on the fast food!

It is a little bit of a shame that non-plat games aren't accounted for, as there are some great ones out there, but generally, this is a really good, well thought out idea.

I imagine you are setting yourself up for some serious work, as I suspect there will be a lot of subscribers! 

I won't join in myself, as I've been a vocal opponent of alt leaderboards on the site, and while this one is smart and well construct in my estimation, I suspect my joining would be fodder for accusations of hypocrisy, (nuance not exactly being the internet's forte! 1f602.png)...

...but in all seriousness, this is a cool concept, and hope it does well!

That's very kind of you, and I fully agree regarding the inclusion of 100% games. I'm sure the majority here feel the same, so I'm going to make a poll on how they should be valued. 

I have to say, it's a shame you're not joining for the reason you mentioned. I hope you reconsider. 

14 hours ago, BeautifulTorment said:

If I were organizing this "event?", I would modify it a little to make UR plats worth 5 or something. Imo they need to have heavier weight.

But alas, I am not running this and will enjoy the ride.

Hey, if that's what the community wants I'd be happy to change their value. I'll add this to the poll I mentioned above, giving them a rating between 1 and 5 to see everyone's preference.

• Like 3

I'm in. I like the idea of growing a community around the moderate approach. Let me know if I can help in any way. 

PSN: iamthedotcom

Platinums: 369

UR Plats: 58

Average: 40.35

Edit: Since OP stated part of this is about having fun and making friends, if this gets big enough should we do a discord or whatever the kids are doing these days :)

Edited by iamthedotcom
  • Like 4

I like this idea, but I don't see how it is possible to manually check everyones stats every so often. If hundreds of people join this leaderboard, it is going to be extremely time consuming to update statistics if hundreds of people join this leaderboard.

68 platinums

31 Ultra Rare platinums

Average Rarity 31.71%

On 9/1/2022 at 9:17 AM, PS-Leaderboard said:

PSNPMember1 has 100 Platinums (10 of those being Ultra Rare Platinums) = 110 Points Very, very simple...

So if I have 10,000 plats and 0 ultra rare, I can still win?  I would think you would want the scoring to reflect rarity rather than quantity.  You could only count ultra rare for one.  Or you could do % of URP (URP/P).  Or it could be something wild, like # of P / rarity%.  E.g. 18P/.3611 (my rarity).  Then you get a higher score from lower % and more URP.  Just a couple ideas, but it would be cool if there was a way to have it be where even the little guys can make a presence.  Another possibility, URP% / rarity%, e.g. my rarity is .3611, my URP% is .183, so .183/.3611.  Both higher URP% and lower rarity% are beneficial.

A simply way to add 100%s is just count the completion to the mix.  E.g. I have Vessel at 100% and it is 2.66%, an UR.  So a completed game has the same weight as a plat.  You could say only nonplat games count, or include dlc 100%s too (so games with the green % under the blue %).  E.g. Worms Battlegrounds is UR 0.44%.  That creates a lot more work to verify everyone, but it is doable.

Since that is probably not going to get added to this event, it could be another event, a UR 100% leaderboard.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, pinkrobot_pb said:

@PS-Leaderboard and @Beyondthegrave07

I could not help myself and have done a thing.

This is great!

I have two autopop platinums so won’t join in as those are probably cheating, or at least unfair to the “legit” profiles on any leaderboard. 

From a community side however, it’s really interesting to see a list of active members on the forum and how they approach “the hunt” like this. Good job both!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, x7251 said:

I like this idea, but I don't see how it is possible to manually check everyones stats every so often. If hundreds of people join this leaderboard, it is going to be extremely time consuming to update statistics if hundreds of people join this leaderboard.

I imagine people will have to reply here with updates from time to time

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, x7251 said:

Don't worry, hundreds won't join, on the other threads asking for a rarity leaderboard I have been said that this is only wanted for 2 or 3 elitist jerks that want to shame other users...

• Like 3