Favourite game you played in 2022

GoonerLukeThe

Erm... The Lost Vikings II. I'll show myself out now.

Haven't played all that many games this year and finally went down into my backlog so I don't really have much to show for it. Shoutouts to: F.I.S.T.: Forged in Shadow Torch, Sense: A Cyberpunk Ghost Story, Blair Witch and Guardians of the Galaxy on how surprisingly great in certain aspects they turned out to be.

I go with Rayman Legends. I've got the Plat for PS3 years ago and decided to play it on PS4 again. It's a beautiful platformer and i love it so much that i endured those damn daily and weekly online challenges again.

Honorable mentions to Dirt Rally and Assassin's Creed IV. In total three very different games which impressed me a lot - so much that i played both AC and Rayman on PS3 and PS4 to get all trophies :)

• Like 1

I played so many good games this year.

Clear favourite was probably Dragon Quest Builders 2. The trophy guide says around 50 hours and I put 70 into it, purely because I was having so much fun doing things not related to trophies.

Honourable mentions:

- Super Daryl Deluxe

- Ys VIII

- Darkwood

- Runbow

To me:

1: The Centennial Case: A Shijima Story. This is the most serious made FMV i played so far. Enjoyed it very much.

2: Ender Lilies: Solid Metroidvania game with nice action/music. The action/platforms are not overboard.

3: Elden Ring: Needless to say much, but I don't really enjoy the openworld aspect.

Honorable mention: Mass effect legendary. Always a fan of the series, and the Omega DLC really made up for the stink of ME3.

Final Fantasy XIV

First time firing it up since 2016 and I'm hooked again. I decided to start fresh with a new character and purchase the expansions I didn't have (everything after Heavensward). I've really enjoyed my time playing it again this year and now I'm on the verge of the platinum...February 16 is when I'll have my 1000 leve and the plat :D

• Like 1

What Remains of Edith Finch and Titanfall 2. These titles blew my expectations! 

Currently playing Titanfall 2 on Master difficulty during my 1st play-thru legit. It’s challenging, but the generous checkpoints and health rejuvenation features make this doable. 60 fps, diverse enemies, innovative level design, and highly stimulating combat whether on foot or in your titan. 

What Remains of Edith Finch has a wonderful story and will go as far as saying that it’s truly an unforgettable experience! My only gripe is the platinum trophy on the PS5 version was too easy, along with all the gold trophies that it spins off. I felt slutty getting them because it required hardly any effort lol. 

Honorable mention: Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition. It reminded me of Watchdogs, but much better! 

• Like 1