R.I.P. Ruan :(

amurnin100

Sickening news. Always hits home when you lose a member of the community, regardless of whether you interacted with them or not. But he seemed like an entirely pleasant dude and I would often see him hyping people up for their platinum posts on the Facebook trophy groups he was a part of. Such a terrible shame.

Rest in peace Ruan.

• Like 1

Rest in peace, fellow gamer.

We never knew each other, but I was reading the news about this accident last night and it's crazy to think someone from this forum was part of it. It gives you a perspective of how small the world can sometimes be.

My condolences to everyone who suffered a loss from this tragic accident.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I know this news is several weeks old now, but I just found out today and I’m completely shocked.

I literally just met Roosta a few weeks ago after replying to a thread he posted on the Windbound forum. I was having trouble with the exact same trophy he was, so I reached out to him privately on PSN and we spent a week or so chatting back and forth, sharing tips and laughing at our shared misfortune and bad luck with this stupid game.

His last response to me was on January 11th. I sent him a couple messages and another question since that point and hadn’t heard back from him. I thought nothing of it really, just thinking that he got busy with his life or whatever. Never in a million years did I expect I’d be hearing of his passing a couple weeks later… and in such a tragic manner. ?

From the brief time I got to interact with him, I could tell he was a kind, warm person, and that he loved to hunt trophies as much as I do. If you look at his profile you can see he has a very impressive collection of UR trophies, and as I’m just getting into hunting URs myself, I find his profile really inspiring. Sadly he never got to finish Windbound (2 trophies left), but he shared with me a wealth of tips and knowledge he’d learned during his time with the game, and so he will be on my mind constantly as I use the info he shared and work towards finishing the game myself.

Rest in peace Roosta.  

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...