July 2023 PlayStation Extra/Premium lineup

Abby_TheLastofUs

Rate July 2023's lineup  

189 members have voted

1. 1. Rate July 2023's Extra lineup

2. 2. Rate July 2023's Premium lineup

3. 3. Which game are you most interested in?

• It Takes Two
    • Sniper Elite 5
    • Snowrunner
    • World War Z
    • SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle for Bikini Bottom – Rehydrated
    • The Ascent
    • Melty Blood: Type Lumina
    • Dysmantle
    • Undertale
    • Circus Electrique
    • Dynasty Warriors 9
    • Samurai Warriors 5
    • My Little Pony: A Maretime Bay Adventure
    • Fast & Furious: Spy Racers Rise of SH1FT3R
    • Monster Jam Steel Titans
    • Gravity Crash Portable
    • Twisted Metal
    • Twisted Metal 2

Gravity Crash Portable is a bit of a weird one since better versions were released on both PS3 and Vita, but I guess the same could have been said about Super Stardust so it tracks. 

As for the Twisted Metals, not my thing but clever to put them on to coincide with the TV show! 

I do want to play Sniper Elite 5 but I also want to play the dlcs, and as often is nowadays business practice, it's better to wait for goty/complete edition to buy it all at once. Unless they're going to pull the same crap they did with Sniper Elite 3 and didn't include all dlcs in the Complete Edition.

Just wondering if anyone is aware of the save transfer/auto pop sutuation with these games? I would hope sniper elite has some kind of transfer as id prefer not to do another elite run.

Edited by jjtae13

Glad to see Sniper Elite 5 in the list, I've enjoyed those games since SE2, however those wanting 100% would need to buy two season passes (no idea why there's two) in order to get all the available content, or buy the DLC's separately. Both passes are currently on sale, however you're still looking at around $44 US for both even at the sale price.

29 minutes ago, theSpirae said:

I do want to play Sniper Elite 5 but I also want to play the dlcs, and as often is nowadays business practice, it's better to wait for goty/complete edition to buy it all at once. Unless they're going to pull the same crap they did with Sniper Elite 3 and didn't include all dlcs in the Complete Edition.

The currently available Deluxe Edition of the game does not include Season Pass 2, so even if you bought Deluxe on sale you'd still have to buy Season Pass 2 if you wanted everything. This may or may not change if they release a complete edition in the future, but considering that they didn't do that with SE4 it's hard to say if they'd do it for SE5.

• Like 1

Can't wait to play It Takes Two. Have almost bought it several times but held off because other stuff was keeping my attention.

Will definitely try World War Z too. 

Have already played Ascent (it's awesome in Coop) and Sniper Elite 5 (also awesome)

May try others down the road when I need something new to play.

Overall a good month, better than the plus games IMO.

A month when the most interesting  titles are the ones I never heard of? That is actually intriguing!

Melty Blood, Dysmantle, Circus Electrique all look worth a try. Undertale has been on my wishlists on several platforms forever and always got shoved aside, seems like a must-play.

11 minutes ago, OBSTINATIO said:

Any info if Twisted Metal 1 + 2 will get trophy support? It is likely since it is published by Sony, isn't it? 

They will. All Sony PS one games have trophies. There’s still a couple of Sony PSP games that don’t but they’ve been slowly patching them. 

Extra:
-It Takes Two - Seen it in action, don't know that it's for me. Partner and nephew might enjoy it. Shelved for now.

-Sniper Elite 5 - Not my kind of game, pass.

-Snowrunner - Not something I'd normally go for, but something about it....somewhere on the maybe list, will actual interest later.

-World War Z - Not my kind of game, pass. Zombie stuff is boring.

-The Ascent - Looks neat. Comes down to some control related issues I have with these isometric deals. Put around low mild interest for now.

-Undertale - No I haven't played Undertale yet, no I'm still not super interested in do it, yes I'll reevaluate that since I'm having a copy tossed at me.

-SpongeBob: Battle for Bikini Bottom Rehydrated - Wasn't this already a PSN+ game a few months ago? I have a copy and I know I didn't buy it. Regardless, I've played the original and seen the remake in action. On the low end of the high interest list.

-Melty Blood: Type Lumina - I'm not into fighting games, pass.

-Dysmantle - More goddamn zombie crap, stop with this. Looks simple enough, might tackle it just for the cheap platinum. Mild setting on the low interest list.

-Circus Electrique - whatthefuckamIreading.jpeg  Looks....kinda neat. I'm going to need to dig into this one before I decide anything. Shelved for the moment.

-Dynasty Warriors 9 & Samurai Warriors 5 - I've never been a huge musou fan. Really feel like it's a genre that passed me by, just seeming too large by the time I discovered it. Hyrule Warriors was kind a neat. That one Dragon Quest thing was Ok. My gut reaction is to just toss both on the pass list, but I'm going to shelve them instead. Perhaps something I should give a fair shot to, will think on it.

-My Little Pony: A Maretime Bay Adventure - Well here's a 'money where my mouth is' situation, thanks for that PSN+. Made a joke comment about a thread title challenging me to play it, turned into a mild argument in Discord, now here we are. I have zero interest in this, but honor dictates I follow through.

-Fast & Furious: Long Game Title - Not normally a racing game fan, but it looks amusing enough for reasons I can't fully explain. Apparently it's another cheap platinum as well.

-Monster Jam Steel Titans - I never got monster trucks. Setting it for mild on the mild interest list, I won't be explaining myself for this one nor will I take any questions.

Classics:
-Gravity Crash Portable - I'm in, give me a trophy list. Although there are better versions to port, but whatever.

-Twisted Metal - I'm in, give me a trophy list.

-Twisted Metal 2 - I'm in, give me a trophy list. Liked the first game more.

One of the first months in a while where I'm kind just meh about most of it. One or two things I'm willing to try, one or two things I'll begrudgingly play and then everything else.

Edited by Jelly Soup
  • Like 1

Not a good month for me personally, but a decent month overall my opinions aside.

will do MLP just because easy and of no extra cost. It might be fun, who knows?

might dabble in Monster Jam, Melty Blood could be fun!

excited to see the trophy support for the 3 games as we are expecting. Only a couple games like Echochrome PS1 don’t have trophies 

Being an enormous fan of Darkest Dungeon, Circus Electrique certainly looks interesting enough to be worth giving a whirl sometime. I might also mess with The Ascent eventually, since I do love my top-down shooters. Nothing else here piques my curiosity, though.

• Like 1