What's Your Go-to Difficulty Level in Games?

FluffyAssassin64

Difficulty Choices  

183 members have voted

1. 1. What's your standard difficulty choice in games? (I know the names differ between games, but you get the idea)

• Very easy (Pure story; I want to get through as quickly as possible and feel like a god while doing it!)
    • Easy (Less of a challenge; give me the story!)
    • Normal (Usually what the developer's 'intend')
    • Hard (Offers a stiff challenge)
    • Very Hard (You'll need to use everything you've got very well in order to survive)
    • Extreme/Impossible (You usually die very quickly, the enemies are crazy strong, no items, etc.)

Trophies dictate which level I play.

- If the difficulty trophies stack; I go straight to the hardest difficulty available for the sake of only needing 1 playthrough.

- If all trophies can be earned on easy then, I'll play on easy.

Edited by effdeegee
  • Like 1

Usually I go for normal because I wanna enjoy the story and not having too much trouble to finish the game. If the game is good then I probably try it on harder difficulties.

Edited by Juzota

I play on normal everytime I start a game. Then if there are trophies for other difficulties, I play those. 

I don't mind a little challenge but if I don't have to play the game on harder difficulties, I wont. I avoid playing on easy because it sometimes make whole mechanics worthless (mainly in RPGs).

Well, i avoid Easy at any cost. Because many times the AI is too much dumb and kill my enjoyment.

I normally choose normal, because i like to test the game twice. Checking if there's really a difference between normal and hard.

So, First play-trough on normal to understand the story and enjoy everything, and if I really liked the game i go for the challenge on hard.

When i know a lot a franchise I play straight on hard, like God of war.

Edited by GoldenShaka
  • Like 1

Usually normal. After researching the game and if I find that the higher difficulties aren't really that much harder (or easy to break) then I'll choose something higher to stack the trophies. Besides that, I just tend to not make things more difficult for myself than they need to be.