Bingo Bonanza 2024

I'm in!  Here's mine.

And uhhhh... does anyone have a recommendation for a PS5 side scrolling, bullet hell game that doesn't require me to be an absolute gaming god?  This specific challenge might be a rough one 🙃. I cleared my card for 2023 and I'd like to do it again...

dmQrLxZ.jpg

• Like 2

I had a few sessions in my thinking chair and made a first draft of ideas I feel like completing for this bingo, maybe it's a bit much, time will tell

Just a few things I'd like to mention, and if they're against the rules let me know, personally I think it's fine, but I'm bias :D 

• Getting a head start in two games, been playing Battlefront 2 and Final Fantasy 12 the past few days, but no story done - FF12 is more a clean up, it's mostly optional stuff for 100% that's left - rules say I have to have an unearned story trophy and I do have that, although just the final one.
  • The Guise and Hogwarts Legacy are the PS4 versions of both games, I already did the platinums on PS5, so stacking.
  • BUT I also used Hogwars Legacy (PS5) last year for Non Gaming IP
  • Remnant 2 is more a DLC / platinum clean up, depending on how much content there's going to be in the three DLCs they want to release (one is already available) If it's not enough I'll change it
  • Same goes for Phantom Liberty, but I'd argue 15-20 hours (according to a guide) of content is enough.

Unbenannt.png

Edited by JayDeLosDioses
  • Like 2

Okay, I decided I'd just say screw it, and generate my card anyways - I'll just avoid looking at it too much, to stop myself from trying to "hold" game until they're valid!

As per usual, I've edited the box itself to make it easer for slotting games in - but it's exactly as my card generated here, (promise!):

https://bingobaker.com/#658002768186a6ba

Bingo-2024-Blank.jpg

Not a bad card - my birth month one is a pain, as I'm born in December (not generally a particularly stacked month for releases!), and not wild about having that bloody "You Think You Will Dislike" box again - last year that led me to playing Sifu - one of the worst games I can recall - but hopefully I can find a hidden gem this time!

• Like 3

On 12/17/2023 at 1:02 PM, Squirlruler said:

I have removed the "Peripheral-Based" And replaced it with "Contains unobtainable trophy"

I'll try this, but if I get THIS challenge on the card, I am going to re-roll, no questions allowed. I am a rabid completionist and the thought of having a game you can never get the platinum in is why I have redone my account so many damn times. 👿

bingocard.png

EDIT: Well, this card isn't bad at all! Only a couple of squares that might be an issue, but other than that, I can work with this. I'll look up ideas but I won't put any definitive answers down until the event is about to begin as I don't want to betray myself.

EDIT 2: A question about the challenge "released the year you joined PSNP." Can I count the year I created my account(2023) because I made my first account on PSNP around 2009 and the only games released then that I'd consider require a PS3. :(

EDIT 3: I have played through LEGO Harry Potter and LEGO Jurassic World. Now, the franchises that titles use spawned their own universes of lore, but does the game have to spawn an expansive universe or can a LEGO game that is based off a franchise count. If the former is the case, I might go with FFXIV since they've sold lore books and have official fanfiction outside of the game detailing events that happen between expansions. (I'm using free trial in that MMO on my current account - I have an active one in my old account - and will briefly subscribe to pop the trophies when I get them all prepped.)

Also made my own card.

mybingocard.png

If you see the background, it's my Lalafell avatar moaning in pain at what has to be done in 2024. 😜

Edited by ProfSeajay7
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, ProfSeajay7 said:

I'll try this, but if I get THIS challenge on the card, I am going to re-roll, no questions allowed. I am a rabid completionist and the thought of having a game you can never get the platinum in is why I have redone my account so many damn times.

Check the FAQ ;)

A question about the challenge "released the year you joined PSNP." Can I count the year I created my account(2023) because I made my first account on PSNP around 2009 and the only games released then that I'd consider require a PS3.

Yea, the account you are using should be the account for timeframes.

but does the game have to spawn an expansive universe

The game should be the start of the expanded universe :]

Side note, I need to get back into 14... I need to check if I've completed the story in the ps5 list yet lol.

• Like 1

Thanks for answering my questions. I think I know what I can put down for "Spawned an expanded universe" and it ain't LEGO. :lol:

I'll post the planned card on the start of the event, I need to take the rest of the month to find some good stuff that I can finish. (Just finished prepping LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 and that took forever because I got distracted by Psaro the Manslayer. 😜)

• Like 1

Oh I'm so in! I'll upload my card today! I'm always happy for the excuse to play a lot of good games 🤙

EDIT: Here is a screenshot of my original card, and here is my custom made card for my use. 

IO9O9tb.jpg5JuEWWC.png

Spoiler

B1 Crafting Mechanic: LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga

B2 Last Game You Acquired

B3 Has No Platinum Trophy

B4 "Everyone" Has Played But You

B5 Takes "Forever" to Beat

I1 Platform Exclusive

I2 Open World, Sandbox, or Free Play

I3 Recommended by PSNP Member

I4 Banned/Censored 

I5 Arcade, Rhythm, or Puzzle

N1 Historical Fiction or Mythology

N2 Romance or Romance Options

N3 Player's Choice

N4 Sci-Fi or Fantasy Themes

N5 HYPE!

G1 Non-Human Sidekick: SpongeBob SquarePants: The Cosmic Shake

G2 Aliens or Robots

G3 Isometric View: The Wild at Heart

G4 With Online Features

G5 One Word Title: Roki

O1 Non-Violent

O2 Underplayed <1000 Players

O3 PS Plus: 

O4 Strategy, Simulation, or Management: PowerWash Simulator

O5 Retro-Release

Edited by Yen-Pop
  • Like 2

On 12/19/2023 at 1:48 PM, Squirlruler said:

Gimme dem recommendations! 

There are some people I have a good feel on what they enjoy, and I can't help but recommend The Messenger to you. It feels like something you'd enjoy. Purely based on your dedication to Dead Cells and seemingly love for old school-styled games. This is a bit more metroidvania, but it's the 2D platformer/fighter that I think really shines in this game and think you'd enjoy that aspect of the game. 

It is very much themed on mixing old school and new school which honestly, that theme alone and how it was woven into the story was mind-blowing. I could delve in further on it, but I don't want to ruin it for everyone.

Edited by Beyondthegrave07
  • Like 3

I still have 1 more game left to get done in order to qualify for Bingo, Baby! for the 2023 challenge (It will get done, lol). But, I wanted to go ahead and generate a card for 2024. 

Overall, I'm happy with what I got. It has some repeats from my 2023 card, and some new categories. I'll probably save "Originally Released in 2024" and "Last Game You Acquired" until I've cleared out more of my backlog, since that's my primary focus for 2024. But, we'll see how things go.

If anyone's got recommendations for O1, they would be appreciated! I have access to the following systems & peripherals: PS3, PS4, PS5 (still needs to be set up), PS VITA, PS VR1. The game can be a new release if needed. So, if there's something you really feel I should play that I haven't yet, feel free to suggest it. I won't mind. I'm open to whatever comes my way. :)

BjH6d6W.png

• Like 2

spacer.png

I barely made the 2023 and I was sure I was going to take a rest from events, but once I finished I froze and didn't know what to play, so I guess I need this to pick a game lol. I am going to be honest I did rerolled a bunch of times only because I had so many repeated challenges from previous years that I really wanted something more fresh. There are still some repeated of course, but not as much as the others. Let's see if I can do it this year, any idea how to look for games owned by less than 1000 players?

Edited by MAUSZX
  • Like 2

On 12/22/2023 at 2:23 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

Not a bad card - my birth month one is a pain, as I'm born in December (not generally a particularly stacked month for releases!).

Hello Mr Dr Bloodmoney, I am also from December, last year Bingo card was one of the boxes in my bingo.

I can suggest to you if you haven't play it. Marvel Midnight Suns, is a really good game that had terrible marketing imo, it was released in December 2022.

Edited by MAUSZX
  • Like 2

Seems fun, and I got a great card right away! I have also already thought of games to possibly use for each of them (except for 1…)

spacer.png

B1: Sackboy: A Big Adventure

B2: Fallout 3

B3: Yakuza 0

B4: XCOM: Enemy Unknown

B5: Just Cause 4

I1: Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2

I2: The Talos Principle

I3: The Wolf Among Us

I4: Firewatch

I5: Gravity Rush

N1: Dredge

N2: The Quarry

N3: Alan Wake

N4: Ratchet & Clank (PS4)

N5: Helldivers

G1: …

G2: Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition

G3: The Witcher 3 (GOTY edition)

G4: Manual Samuel

G5: Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments

O1: Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

O2: Resident Evil Village

O3: Subnautica

O4: Ghost of Tsushima

O5: Hercule Poirot: The London Case

Feel free to give me suggestions for the G1 😊.

• Like 2

Here is my card.

spacer.png

I rerolled once because the very first bingo tile was an impossible one for me: A game from the year I signed up here at PSNP. Which is 2012 and that means a PS3 game and I don’t own one anymore.

I also noticed when generating the card you can touch the tiles and they will become marked as cleared. Since I screenshotted this, is there a way to get the same card again through the link?

Good luck everyone!

• Like 1