Attack on Completion 2024

Yep my stats are all good! Did have a mini heart fart when I realised I hadn't written my starting stats but luckily hadn't yet synced my account for the new trophies I earnt today. :) 

• Like 1

Just checking, but do we post on here when we complete a game and then post the new stats after completing it? Or do we do a big update post once a week or month or something like that? First time in the event, so just want to make sure before I post 🙂

Edited by AshestoAshes28

18 minutes ago, AshestoAshes28 said:

Just checking, but do we post on here when we complete a game and then post the new stats after completing it? Or do we do a big update post once a week or month or something like that? First time in the event, so just want to make sure before I post 🙂

It's really up to you. Here is a couple of the more common types of posts:

Weekly: A weekly review of games you have played, progress earned.
Monthly: Same as weekly, but just for the month.

Every month, on the 1st, I will post a summary of your profile stats from data I pull directly from PSN API. 

But really, your updates can be pretty free form. We don't have any rules restricting it. Just try not to spam ;) (IE, playing 10 ezpz games, just do one update instead of listing them out).

You can look at the 2023 thread and you can find how the stats are going to look from my previous postings. You can also look through that and see how other people post their stuff. :]

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Squirlruler said:

It's really up to you. Here is a couple of the more common types of posts:

Weekly: A weekly review of games you have played, progress earned.
Monthly: Same as weekly, but just for the month.

Every month, on the 1st, I will post a summary of your profile stats from data I pull directly from PSN API. 

But really, your updates can be pretty free form. We don't have any rules restricting it. Just try not to spam ;) (IE, playing 10 ezpz games, just do one update instead of listing them out).

You can look at the 2023 thread and you can find how the stats are going to look from my previous postings. You can also look through that and see how other people post their stuff. :]

Thank you for the taking the time to explain, this looks brilliant! I'll probably do my updates weekly maybe as my work pattern is all over the place and I'll probably forget to post monthly. Plus, I'll be able to keep better track of how I'm doing ☺️.

2 hours ago, AshestoAshes28 said:

Thank you for the taking the time to explain, this looks brilliant! I'll probably do my updates weekly maybe as my work pattern is all over the place and I'll probably forget to post monthly. Plus, I'll be able to keep better track of how I'm doing ☺️.

Here's a link to last year's event so you can see some examples of how different members post:

I have decided to participate again this year, more for the camaraderie then the completion percentage as last year I reached pretty close to my cap given my unobtainable trophies. 

Here were my end of year stats after unhiding my few hidden games:

@da-Noob123
Original Starting PCG: 93.73%                    December Earned Trophies: 175
Goal PCG: 98.73%                    December Earned Platinums: 2
December Starting PCG: 97.01%                    December Games Started: 7
Current PCG: 93.57%                    December Games Completed: 2
Month Increase: -3.44%
Total Increase: -0.16%
Total Games Started: 34                     Total Trophies Earned:1614
Total Games Completed: 37                    Total Points Earned: 49815
Total Plats Earned: 34
Missed goal by: 5.16%

@Squirlruler By default 98.57% will be my goal for the year.

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Llobster12 said:

Personal Gaming Goals for the Year

The last couple of years I've put down some extra goals for myself here and it seems to help me stay focused and get done most of what I want to. So beyond the goal for this event to end the year at or above 96%, here is what I'd like to accomplish this year:

Goal 1: Finish the year with under 300 unearned trophies. Achievable and I am hoping to get below 8000 unearned this year. Nowhere near as low as yours, but we have different goals.

Goal 2: Finish the year with 10 or fewer uncompleted games on my profile. Great goal, you'll be free to enjoy whatever you want then.

Goal 3: Dust off and complete the following old backlog games: Some good game options, reminds me of the games that  are 14 years old on my profile...

Goal 4: Complete a JRPG - From the options you have, if you enjoy Final Fantasy, XIII-2 is trophy friendly in comparisont to most others, Dragon Quest I have heard is very fun if quite grindy and Battle Chasers: Nightwar is one of my favourite western JRPG's around and will take about 80 hours to complete it twice.

Goal 5: Complete a fighting game - Your choice is also one I started this year for another backlog challenge and I totally recommend it. The game is beautiful, fun and is easy to pick up and play. Something we are working on together.

Goal 6: Complete Hollow Knight legit without using the glitch on the pantheon - I will give major props if you can, I couldn't but it was only thing I couldn't do. Keep at it, it is possible.

Goal 7: Start and complete the following games from my not-started backlog: Some great games there and I would wholeheartedly recommend Darksiders, God of War, Dredge, Othercide, Death's Door and The Messenger.

Goal 7 8: Complete 6 VR games - I really need to plug in my VR set and try out the games I have. Synapse and Altair Breaker look really fun.

Goal 8 9: Give my PS3 some love and complete the following games I've wanted to get to for a long time - I have a similar goal to finish at least 15 games from my PS3 backlog, going back to the oldies!

I love this, this is very similar to my goals for this year, but maybe a bit of a larger list to go through.

Some notes above :)

• Like 4

1. my first update of the year my main focus is completing final fantasy 1 pixel remaster 51% of the trophies are unlock and my pcg was decreased first by adding megadimension neptunia vii it is increased from 19.93 to 20.10 its a increase of 0.17  by earning trophies from final fantasy pixel remaster 1 that wil be also my first platinum trophie of the year i enjoy playing rpg games and i have also great progress from dragonball xenoverse 2 72% i am also finishing the dlc content from dragonball xenoverse 2 that wil be my 2 gamecompletions of the year cause i focus on final fantasy pixel remaster 1 and dragonball xenoverse 2 and the next games i will see by then but probably crysis core final fantasy 7 reunion and hogwarts legacy i do weekly ore monthly update stil need to decide i am working on my rookieplatinumtrophielist i have platinumed games my name is mayo until south park the stick of truth 
Edited by maxfighter23___
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Shadowlord87 said:

Also played and completed Chaosbane this week. As a long term Warhamemr Fantasy fan, I quite liiked this. Somewhat repetitive, but thankfully theresd a very beneficial glitch to bring the grind to much more tolerable levels.

Next I plan to finally get around to playing Aliens: Fireteam Elite. This should keep me occupied for a few weeks, which is fine, as I intend platinum 350 to be for FF7:Rebirth, so wanted something a bit longer to pass the time in between.

I've never played any Warhammer games, but have always been intrigued as the lore looks pretty interesting. Would you say Chaosbane is as good a place as any to jump into Warhammer, or is there a better entry point lore-wise? (look at me already considering adding to my list of games I want to complete this year)

If you are looking for longer games to keep you busy until FF7 Rebirth comes out, I could recommend taking a look at Returnal and Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen. I believe both are on PS Extra, and both are pretty lengthy completions. Dragon's Dogma II comes out this year, so now's a good time to jump into that if the game looks interesting to you.

3 hours ago, stuthesheep said:

Not quite decided what to do next week once the golds in GTA are in the books, but quite tempted to give the first Plague Tale a shot.

I don't think you'd regret doing the first A Plague's Tale. I really enjoyed that one and it's a nice chill platinum.

• Like 2