R.I.P. Akira Toriyama (Creator of DragonBall)

kidson2004

An artist with a very recognisable style and an author whose influence over shonen manga is felt to this day. And not only manga and anime - just a few days ago I noted that the last fight in The Matrix Revolutions may have been inspired by DBZ. RIP.

• Like 4

So sad... 

Dragon Ball is a big chunck of my pre teenage life. I faked beeing sick to watch. In my school I perfectly remeber entire student classes skipping school because maybe was the day Goku transformed For the first time. Was my first anime.

Legends never die. Rest in peace and thank you Toriyama

Edited by Rikapadupu
  • Like 2

i remember getting out of school and rushing home to see Goku vs Majin Buu. Damn, the anime of my childhood.

Thank YOU Legend Toriyama!

Kid Goku Crying GIF - Kid Goku Crying Sad GIFs

Edited by TugaCruz
  • Like 4

Feel so sad after read the news.  Dragon ball is my favorite comic and it grew up with me, still have the full set of it at home for many years.  Its still the best forever. I may start playing Kakarot to remind the story again. Also we will not see characters setting from him after Dragon Quest XII anymore... :(

RIP Toriyama San,  thanks for everything. 

Edited by ShadowSkill
  • Like 2

The contributions he made to anime, manga, series, movies, videogames... he is legitimely one of the best artists of all time. If you watch any anime at any given time there's a 90% chance it was influenced by Toriyama in some part, or even by another anime, previously inspired by him. The amount of tropes, cliches, character designs, classic story nods he created, are being repeated even 30 years after his work came to an end.

Seriously, a series about a monkey who was fighting everyone along with his friends in a super fun action-comedy, and then eventually there's a twist SO huge, that changed the entire series and had to rename it. There were more than a hundred chapters even before Vegeta came to exist, that tells it all.

• Like 1