Off Topic If sony Paid You 500 dollars for every game you own and 1000 for every trophy you own but you have to sell your account would you do it

CaveBear912

Seeing as we're coming up with imaginary situations, I would just create an alt account and whore my way through all the shovelware stuff. You could probably get like 3000 plats in under a week at this stage. 3000 x 1 minute per plat = 50 hours. Add a few more hours for loading, downloading etc.

Having to play Xump Jump, Stroke the Cock, Pet the Beaver, Taco Run, and similar wonderful "games" thousands of times over sure would do some mental damage, but for approximately $37.5m I'm sure I'd get over it before long. 

• Like 2

15 mil for trophies befor counting games owned? Yeah, instantly. I'd have a hard time getting the Ace Combat 5 plat, but I'll just play my ps2 version, or use a minute fraction of the money to pay someone to account share.🤣

Edit, I'd do it in a day after auto popping all the possible ps5 stacks. Might as well maximize it right?😅

Edited by Moridin83

Hah, how I wish! Impoverished as I am, I'd have to be certifiably insane to turn down an offer that lucrative. Somehow, I doubt it would sell for that kind of cash on a shady auction site. 😄 And, because my considerable investment in the account (time, money, trophies collected) is the prevailing reason why I even remain on the PlayStation platform, I'd then be free to pursue my gaming interests elsewhere—a return to PC, in all likelihood, since cost wouldn't be a hindrance after that whopping payout.

Bit of a silly hypothetical, but still fun to imagine.

Not a hope in hell, I don't have much games, so it would be just be 53k.... so less than my yearly income. 

If it included my PS1, PS2 and all my old nintendo games then maybe, but if it is just PS3 onwards then not worth it for me. 

The easiest yes, surely. 

For most here we're talking tens of millions. That's set for life money, very comfortable life money. Any digital titles you lose are very easily repurchased unless you've got something delisted on your account but is that something you care about enough to turn down millions? I have P.T, but I'm sure I can easily buy someone else's P.T console if I wanted lol even if the only people willing to sell it wanted $100k or something ludicrous for it, that's a fraction of my new found wealth xD

For me, the trophies side would net me $14.2m and if I wanted to be sneaky and say sell this alt instead of my main account that's still a cool $505k for quite literally nothing.

Maybe if the title was $1,000 per platinum trophy rather than overall trophies some people might be thinking a little harder (even though it's still a boat load of easy money). But when you're looking at actual millions... so easy.

I can understand having some personal attachment to your account, but ultimately it's just an account and eventually Sony is going to drop it one day. I used to feel this way sometimes with my MMO accounts and I left many games whilst still going "hell no, I ain't selling my account!" and quite literally most of my characters don't even exist anymore either because the game closed or due to inactive accounts being purged... Might as well have cashed them all in. My FlyFF account which mostly consisted of 2 main characters, one being the servers number 1 PvP player (debatable) and the other being the servers higher HP tank (by a very large margin) would have sold really well. My server (Clockworks) I don't think even existed a few years later and I think my characters were lost during the server merge that happened... so what was the point holding onto that? xD