Microsoft is shutting down Tango Gameworks, along with 3 other studios

Well, there goes any hope for a potential Evil Within 3 when 2 was a major improvement. Ghostwire Tokyo was a major disappointment and Hi-Fi Rush looked like it could have brought some needed life back to the studio.

Sadly, the gaming industry continues to be one of the worst places to work, cause many creative studios can have their doors shut down at any moment. 

• Like 2

Hi-Fi Rush is an absolute gem. It'd be great if the minds behind that game form their own studio, but that's easier said than done.

Overall I'm not shocked at this move by Microsoft.  Gotta free up some budget space to pump out those yearly, "high-quality" Fallout games now that its the flavor of the month TV show.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, ZenaxPure said:

People told me it'd be different this time. Microsoft would lift all these devs up and not ruin them like they ruined Rare.

Was I lied to? You really think people would do that. Just go on the internet and tell lies?

Hide contents

Do I need to add the /s? Hard to tell on the internet

Anyway, this sucks obviously. I hope this doesn't ruin the LRG physical release for Hi-Fi Rush in some way. It's really weird that LRG announced they'd be doing it and it has still yet to go up. I really want it for my action game shelf.

Yeah, I got tired of waiting, it's currently on a decent sale on PSN, and I had some PS Stars points to redeem for a voucher, so I pulled the trigger.

1 minute ago, Viper said:

While I haven't played anything made by these studios, this is just a damn shame. Microsoft spending all this money to keep games out of Sony's hands, and instead of doing something new and innovative with them, they just shut their doors and more people have to lose their jobs. Ridiculous.

It just frees up more money to put more GaaS slop on Game Pass

• Like 1

Heart goes out to all those laid off, but the most perplexing one for me is Arkane Austin. Imagine mandating the creation of Redfall from a studio like Arkane known for Dishonoured, watching it fail, and instead of reflecting on corporate decisions or finding a way to re-distribute salaries, let all the devs go. Really hope Rocksteady dosent go this way too with how suicide squad turned out :(

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, majob said:

Remember when Microsoft claimed in federal court for the ABK acquisition they wouldn't start laying their gaming staff off? Pepperidge Farm remembers

These are Bethesda/Zenimax studios, which they acquired over three years ago.

1 hour ago, MarcusPunisher said:

Well, there goes any hope for a potential Evil Within 3 when 2 was a major improvement. Ghostwire Tokyo was a major disappointment and Hi-Fi Rush looked like it could have brought some needed life back to the studio.

Sadly, the gaming industry continues to be one of the worst places to work, cause many creative studios can have their doors shut down at any moment. 

Hi-Fi Rush was popular but it had poor sales because it was on...you guessed it. Game Pass. 

1 minute ago, Vanqishd said:

These are Bethesda/Zenimax studios, which they acquired over three years ago.

They claimed they would have NO layoffs in general, not just ABK

• Like 1