Most Recent Platinum

Muff

Martha is Dead (PS5)

Anticipation

Heard about a psychological thriller coming to PS5 that was so controversial some scenes may be censored or removed following a long back and forth about it even coming to PS5 to start with. So yeah, I was pretty intrigued. 3/5

Enjoyment

Sadly, literally zero enjoyment. Picked up on release and it took me the best part of a year to actually sit down and play this. Looks great....but that’s about all the positive I can find. I understand the devs intent to create a game with mental illness at its centre to shine a light on the subject. As someone who is very close to the aftermath of mental illness, suicide and how it impacts and devastates, I do think this misses its intended mark by a long long way. But this isn’t the main reason why I struggled with this game so much and I don’t want to dissect it from that angle. It has far more compounding flaws than that. I Found it unengaging, the story uninteresting, the gameplay to be laborious and repetitive and had no connection to the characters or environment. It was struggle to play this for more than 20mins at a time and that had nothing to do with the controversy surrounding this title. It’s just a bad game. - 1/5

Retrospect - The main controversy should be about just how tedious this title is - 1/5

• Like 4