Most Recent Platinum

Muff

that's something that happens in every Telltale's game: thousands of choices and only a very few of them have a slight impact on the game, that's why i always said that only games like heavy rain and until dawn have the most impactful choices of the whole "choice based game" genre (not saying that every little choice affects the rest of the game of those two, but comparing them to all the other similar games they have way more impactful choices, since everyone can die or live in those two and there are many different alternative scenes that can happen), the first the walking dead from telltale was a joke when it was advertised as a game where every little choice matters and in the end it didn't mattered what you chose, the ending was always the same, only people that never had a ps3 and therefore never played heavy rain would have been surprised with the walking dead's choice mechanics.

I think exactly the same here.

A few days ago i collected the Plat in Game of Thrones and thought too bad my choices didn't have the same impact as in a game like Heavy Rain. Heavy Rain really impressed me because of that a lot. And as a consequence it has more different ending scenes than a Telltale Adventure :P:D

And Until Dawn is more like Heavy Rain than the Walking Dead? Glad to hear :) All the more reason to get it (when i buy a PS4  :D)

• Like 1

I think exactly the same here.

A few days ago i collected the Plat in Game of Thrones and thought too bad my choices didn't have the same impact as in a game like Heavy Rain. Heavy Rain really impressed me because of that a lot. And as a consequence it has more different ending scenes than a Telltale Adventure :P:D

And Until Dawn is more like Heavy Rain than the Walking Dead? Glad to hear :) All the more reason to get it (when i buy a PS4  :D)

yeah Until Dawn is totally more like heavy rain, and even better because i think there are many more scenes were people can die, the game is also very fun with gameplay mechanics like finding totems that predicts a future scene that can happen or not depending on your choices, finding clues so you can discover what really happened and not moving the controller (using the controller's motion sensor capabilities) when the "don't move" icon appears, if you move it your character can die too.

i highly recommend you to try it, the game doesn't take itself too seriously unlike Heavy Rain because Until Dawn is more like a parody/homage/satire of every horror movie, full of cliches and references to other horror movies, so i think if you are a fan or like horror movies you will enjoy it way more, but if you don't you will still enjoy it greatly since its an awesome experience.

that's something that happens in every Telltale's game: thousands of choices and only a very few of them have a slight impact on the game, that's why i always said that only games like heavy rain and until dawn have the most impactful choices of the whole "choice based game" genre (not saying that every little choice affects the rest of the game of those two, but comparing them to all the other similar games they have way more impactful choices, since everyone can die or live in those two and there are many different alternative scenes that can happen), the first the walking dead from telltale was a joke when it was advertised as a game where every little choice matters and in the end it didn't mattered what you chose, the ending was always the same, only people that never had a ps3 and therefore never played heavy rain would have been surprised with the walking dead's choice mechanics.

Yes, I added a little parenthesis to clarify that I find the lack of real consequences to be a negative, as I saw that my post did not make that clear. I really liked the game, but realizing that there's no wrong way of doing things--no matter what you'll end up the same places anyway--did diminish the experience a bit.

Yes, I added a little parenthesis to clarify that I find the lack of real consequences to be a negative, as I saw that my post did not make that clear. I really liked the game, but realizing that there's no wrong way of doing things--no matter what you'll end up the same places anyway--did diminish the experience a bit.

yeah, and i don't know if you have played them already or not, but if you are interested to experience a game where there are many more choices that actually matters and determines if all characters are going to die or not i'll recommend you to try heavy rain and until dawn, i think that was better implemented in until dawn since the premise of that game is if you can manage to save them all, while heavy rain focus more on trying to find the killer's identity but like i said everyone can die on heavy rain too, both awesome games.

i'm not saying Telltale's games are bad, they have good storytelling, but they fail to really give impactful choices to the player most of the time.

Edited by smellslikejavier

Final Horizon Plat #17
1Ld26e6f.png

Enjoyment: 07/10

Difficulty: 3/10

Time: errrrr 8 months, 3 weeks

This game was a great tower defence game on the vita, i had a load of fun with the game, then for some reason I put the game down. Just picked it back up again and got the plat, I can totally recommend this game and most PS plus members will have it so if you do I recommend you start playing it as it a fun game with easy trophy set.

Just need to pick up the DLC now for 100% i will in a couple of weeks time cant wait to get 100% :)

Edited by swainey97
  • Like 3