Top 5 Most Shameful PlayStation Platinum Trophies

Goro

I have only 1/5 on this list that one being Magus. The very moment I saw Hannah Montana, first thing that came to my mind was Dr_Mayus #100. Anytime I hear about someone playing such game, my mind sets me back to that special topic.

To be honest, I'm surprised not to see Terminator Salvation here.

I actually plan on getting Magus [...]

I did play Magus and it is a better game than it's said to be imo. It's nice to be a god and wreck havoc among everyone that fucked you up. You can also choose between 2 endings if you like, both of them give a hint about a future Magus 2.

Magus might be short, easy and repetetive, but isnt beeing overpowered lots of fun?  :P Long story short, if you happen to grab it for little money, go ahead. You will not regret it.

FOSHO! Loved it, although I got bored somewhere between the last hour of gameplay, but still, each and every game bores me nowadays.

5: I got the Megamind game on my shelf, and I've had it for a while, and I'm saving it to be my 150th platinum!  :P

4: I got NCIS!  :)

3: Yup, I got this one too, one of my most recent platinum trophies.  :D

2: I actually got this one too!  :P

1: I don't even need to watch the video to know this is Hannah Montana, and yes, I got this one for my 100th!  :D

Personally, these have been far from the most "shameful" platinums I've got. lol

Dr_Mayus fan?

I don't really care. This is as stupid as people disregarding others as trophy hunters because they "shamefully" cloud sync'd Sound Shapes and Sly Cooper: Thrives in Time.

Wonder why this wasn't mentioned in the video, ain't shameful to complete something once and be rewarded 6 times for it?

Edited by TheYuriG

Thing is, sometimes after doing a few 100 hour JRPG's, I wanna play something without thinking, to relax, thats why I'm playing Jeopardy and Wheel of fortune right now. I wanna play something but nothing too stressful. I enjoyed the movie games I have played because they were after playing a hard or stressful game, so I just enjoyed them for the change of pace.

• Like 2

Hows the order 1886s trophy list??

Easy. I'm playing blind as there are no collectables guides. Once those are out, the plat should be a 2/10 at most. Most of the rest is story/progression (very easy kill totals, and a few pretty simple miscellaneous tasks).

Shouldn't be more than a 10 hour plat.

Ha, got you beat. I have all 5 plats.

And know what guys? Not ashamed of it. Magus was so bad it was hilarious. Best. Death. Animation. EVER!

NCIS was boring, but I liked both Cabela's and Megamind.

HM sucked, but it is a great ironic plat.

I've also got some tough as nails plats, and sometimes it's nice to kick back with an easy/short game, or play with the kids.

I'm currently working on The Order: 1886, so I guess I can add another shameful plat to my list :blink:

Magus was indeed so bad it was fun, but I couldn't see a word of what they were saying in the game or any of the menus. The text was too small. Also, I never died, so I didn't see the death animation.

I thought NCIS was okay, but I'm into that genre of games. lol

Cabela was good enough for a move game.

HM was decent enough too, but it has a very specific target audience, and we're not it.

I honestly think it's much worse to have obtained plats for games that sucks that takes a lot more effort, and there are far worse games too. The following is some of the ones I got that I think is worth mentioning...

• Ride to Hell: Retribution
    • I got this game because both it and it's DLC was cheap... Terrible game all around, but to the point where it's actually funny. It takes less time talking about what is not bad about this game, which is the game has a decent length and it doesn't crash all the time. lol It has you play the game twice, and you need to collect every collectible on the hardest setting. The hardest setting is of course unfair. I had issues with several sections on the hardest setting. One of the early ones which seemed almost impossible to me at first, and I made it by luck was one of the very first sections in the entire game. Basically a tutorial part where they put you up against a bit too many enemy bikers at the same time. Another one rather early on was basically a place where you take an elevator down for like 1 minute and then you gotta run out into the open where four of the strongest enemy in the game is, and where a forced cut scene will take place, where the enemies will start shooting at you, and you can't avoid it. Of course when you die you load back to before the elevator, which had a better gun right before it, but now doesn't seem to spawn at all. The hardest sections was definitively this one place where you gotta fight off a ton of enemies, little ammo, many hard enemies, just that alone was some of the harder in the game, but what follow is that you got to stand still on a switch in the open while infinite enemies spawn to fight you, even some of the hardest in the game. You stand on it for a platform next to you to go down to where you are. If you go away from the switch, it will go upwards again, but if you make it, you gotta wait in the open there while the platform goes up. One time a cut scene started while a grenade exploded, and somehow that made the normal angel afterwards be off with the aim and unfocused, shaking back and forth etc. :S I've yet to talk about what actually sucked about the game, but it was so bad it was hilarious, that's the only reason I was able to finish it. I even 100% the DLC. The story made no sense, terrible soundtrack, some of the worst voice acting and synching I've ever seen, terrible sounds, strange graphics style (massive hands :S), the bike gameplay were terrible, okay to bad physics. You should only do head shots, because that's one-hit kills, while the body takes a lot of hits. The strongest enemy had a helmet on, making things worse... There would be "brawl" enemies, which you were supposed to fight against, but you could still use your gun... If you aimed and moved backwards, the enemies wouldn't hit you with their punch, and you could aim for their head and do head shots. I think I once did like 8 head shots in a row in 5 seconds. I could talk about this game for a long while. It's a long decently hard plat that takes serious effort to get for a game that sucks a lot.
  • Supercar Challenge and Ferrari The Race Experience
    • I got no idea what is the difference between these two games. I think Ferrari has some tutorial mode Supercar Challenge doesn't have, but I may be wrong about that. Probably different cars. I didn't "play" it all that much. I discovered rather early while playing Supercar Challenge that I could press a couple of buttons to access a debug menu which allowed me to just instantly win races. Yup, racing game where you can instantly win all races, and it worked well to unlock most difficult trophies. The game didn't play all that well, the menus were bloated, and load times took 45 seconds at least. I timed it, and I ran the game from HDD. The instant win trick doesn't work with the physical copy. I got Supercar because it was cheap, and Ferrari because I heard the same instantly win trick worked there too.
  • Brink
    • I got this game because it was cheap... I don't usually like military shooter games. This game was like a typical military shooter FPS game. There was on twist though, the normal offline campaign, which you needed to play twice, was like playing Deathmatch multiplayer levels with bots. They were respawning and played like bots. You had various objectives to complete in each level. You could pick different classes like in Team Fortress. You also leveled up as you played, and the higher level you got, the stronger the enemies got. I think I had to redo the tutorial, because the last part of the tutorial got way too hard for me to bother when I had leveled up due to completing other parts of the tutorial. So many poor trophies too, and of course collectibles. There was of course online trophies as well, some that wasn't even easy if you had a boosting partner. The online was broken at launch, and everyone who got it then got the DLC for free. I got the game late, and ever since I got it, I've never seen the DLC drop in price. It cost way more than I paid for the game. I paid much less for the digital copy of RtH:R and it's DLC.
  • Disney Universe
    • One word, boring. I thought it would be like a LEGO game, but not only was it more redundant with lots of grinding, but it was way more boring. It was far from a quick and short plat either. I fell asleep several times while I played this game.
  • Summer Challenge
    • The game itself is decent enough, and I actually liked playing it for the most part. Some of the trophies are very hard, like shooting arrows in certain patterns, and some running level trophies. The problem with this game is that some of the sports events ruins your controller. Your controllers' sticks are permanently damaged by the time you get the plat, and probably some other buttons too.
  • Terminator Salvation
    • You all know why this game sucks. It's just terrible. Many glitches, poor hard mode (as in the hard mode is abusing checkpoints), few enemy models... A mess, and it's not particularly fun to play.
  • Happy Feet Two
    • ... I've tried to forget the experience I had with this game. Most of the game was very easy, but very boring, and I made the plat even more boring that it would need to be by thinking I had to be more completionist than I had to. But the game just sucked in general.
  • Get Up and Dance
    • Got this cheap, didn't know how broken it was. A move game where you do better by just turning the camera away from you and give the controller a serious shook every time it asks you to do a dance move. This pretty much always ends with a "flawless" dance move.... Yeah, the game is broken from the get-go. There was many of the same songs in the playlist. It had some nasty freezing glitch if you did a certain thing in the game, which was easy to do. It takes like 5 hours to plat.
  • Motionsports Adrenaline
    • Another game I got cheap. One of the worst games I've played for PS3. I think it had 6 sports, 6 mini games! All but one had you going forward and navigating away from things. The last one was a short climb wall... o.o There was a 2 player mode for some of the mini-games, some were like pass the controller to the person next to you after x amount of time........... The bike mini-game had frame rate issues, and got way worse when you played 2 player. Of course the game rubber bands the opponents. I could and I did lose to the 2 player when nobody even touched the second controller... The game also offered "online multiplayer", really just a challenge system, where you could set daily and weekly records (much like in Rayman Legends, but RL had different levels each time). Of course there was trophies connected to this and nobody else plays it, so I had to play the game with mutliple accounts and be friends with them etc. None of the mini-games were any fun, and most had terrible 2 player modes. I think the only 2 player that worked as you'd expect was the wall climbing, but that took like 20 seconds. It should be mentioned I got this game after platting Winter Stars, which I thought was a rather fun game. I think Winter Stars and Summer Stars etc was made by the same people who made the Summer Challenge game I mentioned earlier. Winter Stars has a hilarious story IMO. lol
  • TV Superstars
    • Just a bad move game with mini-games. I liked it at first, but it got so old so fast, and the mini-games sucked more and more. Input lag and would freeze after extended playing. Had you play the game for a long, and what started as fun just ended up as a boring chore all too quickly. It's a silly game though.
  • Get Fit With Mel B
    • There are two versions of this game, they share the same trophy list... One version requires PS Move and PS Eye, the other doesn't... The one that doesn't allow you to just tell her how well you exercised, and you can lie and tell her you did perfect every time while you sit on your cough watching TV. I don't think there are any easier platinum trophies, but with optimal strategy it takes like 20 hours.
  • Shrek Forever After
    • I got this game cheaply. Just boring and easy, I had no fun platting this game at all. For me just a worse experience than every one of those 5 games on the list.
  • Last Rebellion
    • The story is hilarious, especially the first part, so cheesy and cliche and crazy etc. That's where the good part ends. The game is JRPG, but can be beat in about 10 hours. The battle system is garbage. Like interesting idea, but didn't work at all. You basically hit the various body pars in order. If you do it in the correct order you get to do another hit etc. The game even allow you to remember the correct order if you guess it. It's like learning to know the enemies, but you can just look this up too, and in either case, once you know the order you can create huge combos. The level up system perhaps even worse, which held you back from leveling if the enemies were too weak compared to you, and you got more XP if they were higher level the bigger your combo is. In other words, every time you enter a new area, you should look for the strongest enemies and build up a huge combo for massive XP. Do that two times or so, and all enemies are very easy. Some places you could even go to the wrong next area to be overleveled for the actual levels you were about to enter. The enemies couldn't die unless you sent them off, so you always got max combo. The game had 9 gold trophies. All trophies but 8 of the gold ones were for just progressing through the story. The last 8 was basically to enter one of two portals next to the last boss, one would take you to play a random Orange, the other a random Prinny. There were 4 of each, random which one you would fight. Defeating each of these gave you a gold. There was no Prinny in the story line... I totally forgot to mention that the battle system is awful in that only one of your party is on the screen at a time, and you gotta wait while it switches between them each time...
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 1
    • Game sucks. Re-use of locations, some even up to 4 times, yet a short game. It's basically an FPS game with infinite ammo, invisibility cloak, regenerating health. You got more than one spell, but you'll probably only use one. You barely need to fight any enemies to beat the game. Tacked on level up system. Requires 2 playthroughs for platinum, and has collectibles. -_-'
  • MINDJACK
    • Another game I got for cheap, hilariously bad. Shooter game where you could invade others. Not an easy or short plat. Impossible to plat with certain versions or whatever because of different input etc. :S You never actually killed a boss. The story made no sense. Things didn't make sense!
  • Like 1

I have Hannah Montana, am I embarrassed? No, not really. I suppose since I'm female the embarrassment level is automatically allowed to be lower :P

Yeah so I knew it was an easy game when I bought it cheap but in the past year I've become a bit of a fan of Miley (I blame Madonna lol) so thought why not have a look at this game?! It was actually quite fun tbh, obviously aimed at a younger audience but it wasn't as bad as people make out.

Love games based on movies so will probably pick up Megamind eventually. 

I'm more embarrassed about the platinum trophies I DON'T HAVE. 

eg.

Puss in Boots - had this game YEARS, way before I was into trophies as I just adore that little cat in his little boots! Obviously after joining this site I saw it was a very easy game to complete... yet I still haven't done it. Had a go at it about a week ago and got another trophy and only need ONE more but just can not get a gold medal on every level!

Terminator Salvation - love the movies but a truly AWFUL game, got stuck on one of the levels (the one where you shoot the towers or something) had a few goes and then just thought, what am I even doing?! Not played it since. Will have to brave it again, but not ready for that hell just yet.

Fucking hell, people still care about other people's trophies? 

Parker

If they didn't this site would have a lot less members.

There's nothing inherently wrong with considering some plats 'shameful' - if you are going to take pride in getting a difficult plat then I think you have to, conversely, be a little ashamed of the easy ones you get

It's not gonna keep me up at night thinking about my cloud sync'd sound shapes trophies, or my Terminator Salvation or Tekken 6 plats, but, on the other hand, im not gonna be bragging about them like I might about my Desgaea 3 or Syndicate ones.

• Like 2

Am I missing something? (still didn't kick myself to complete Tekken 6 xD)

Tekken doesn't seem to be a Plat you can compare with SS or TS in terms of "difficulty" =D

Well, it's true that tekken 6 is certainly easier than both of those, but it takes a little longer than them, so I rate them about the same in terms of cheap-platinums - that's all I meant

Well I did MegaMind, NCIS and Cabellas Camp for trophy competitions. So my priorities might be fucked but I was having fun in a site sponsored contest.

Sure?  You do you man. I could care less.  You just stated that you had fun and that's all that matters.

I'm currently working on The Order: 1886, so I guess I can add another shameful plat to my list  :blink:

Why would that be a shameful platinum?

Edited by daftprophet