Does earning Platinums feel rewarding enough?

Stickaxe

I just earned my first platinum trophy today after being on PSN for 5 years. It was for Phineas and Ferb. Most hardcore trophy hunters would laugh and consider it a worthless addition to their collection, but I was soooo proud of myself. I had told myself that I would make it my first plat, and I did. It was a mixture of euphoria and relief that I probably won't feel again for a long time.

• Like 2

For me it's like collecting antiques! While it's interesting while aiming for it.

I don't get that excited usually. Only for certain games. Like GTA V, Skyrim, The Last Of Us. Lot's of content and long journey. Now silly Plats that require to play the game more than 2 times are just ridiculous.

I like to enjoy playing games. Forcing me to replay a game several times is so annoying to do it just for Platinum.

• Like 2

I find that the feeling of reward, like a sort of addiction, diminishes the more I earn them, yet I want them more. I was ecstatic with my first Plat, but by my latest one I felt nothing but a small moment of achievement, nothing more than I would get from, say, finishing a small homework.

I just earned my first platinum trophy today after being on PSN for 5 years. It was for Phineas and Ferb. Most hardcore trophy hunters would laugh and consider it a worthless addition to their collection, but I was soooo proud of myself. I had told myself that I would make it my first plat, and I did. It was a mixture of euphoria and relief that I probably won't feel again for a long time.

Can I just say you're like the only person I've seen on here to bother using a unique font

Also I was similar with Saint's Row the Third, I intended to get it and I did.

Edited by ThE_mAnIaC_417

Sometimes when I get a platinum, I notice nothing has changed in my life

I then curl up in the corner of my bedroom

and cry,

a lot,

before then pretending I'm a carrot

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/tool/disgustipated.html

"Angel of the Lord, what are these tortured screams?" 

And the angel said unto me, 

"These are the cries of the carrots, the cries of the carrots! 

You see, Reverend Maynard, tomorrow is harvest day and to them it is the holocaust." 

On-topic: The system is just fine for me as-is. I don't need more, more, mooooore, mooooooooore, MOOOOOAR recognition for playing a game.

Its what hackers never seem to understand.

I'm pretty sure true hackers(which has turned into a dirty word) don't get any compensation either. They do it to see if they can, and find exploits that may exist. It's def not like in the movies, I personally don't know how to, but it requires a lot of skill and determination.

Of course they're people, and not all people are created equal, some are very nefarious(ps & xbox outages) that deserve jail time.

I'm pretty sure he was just talking about trophy hackers. Those losers who don't earn the trophies by playing but get them by using game saves and whatnot.

I find that the feeling of reward, like a sort of addiction, diminishes the more I earn them, yet I want them more. I was ecstatic with my first Plat, but by my latest one I felt nothing but a small moment of achievement, nothing more than I would get from, say, finishing a small homework.

Can I just say you're like the only person I've seen on here to bother using a unique font

Also I was similar with Saint's Row the Third, I intended to get it and I did.

lol a lot of people don't like it but screw the haters xD

• Like 1

It depends on the game. It's obviously not as rewarding if you platinum Hannah Montana the game to get an easy plat (unless you are a fan). When you platinum a difficult and/or long game, you feel a great sense of pride for your accomplishment. For example, platinuming FFX felt great. 

• Like 1

For me, I really like going for the platinum's, but sometimes that's not enough for me. In a game that has DLC, I feel incomplete if I have the platinum, but i'm still at 55% completion. Once I see that progress bar at 100%, that's when i'm good (:

Platinum for me was always the goal and I tried to get it for most games,but It has changed. Now I just play the games and that's what should give us the real fun, not the little ping you hear after obtaining trophy/platinum. Getting the platinum in game becomes sometime an obsession and can destroy you as gamer. Every game I platinumed almost immediately lost it's value to me and I had to sell it, because I knew I won't play it again. I finally understood that playing games should be fun and give me some happiness, not another thing I have to struggle with and spent on game countless hours just to get one trophy. Getting platinum is fun but stop obtaining trophies for game when you feel overwhelmed, that's my advice for everyone. I still have time when I think about platinum which is long and boring like Diablo3:UEE, but I'll probably sell it, because I played enough of it and another hours would be just a grind. Also I play a lot of NBA 2k15 GM mode and I just play games, feeling good , not looking at trophies, spending my free time well ;)

It used to for me but recently my interest in games and trophies in particular is on the decline, I'd much rather play Smite or Rust on my PC than play PS4 and get trophies now, not sure why exactly. I'd be a lot more interested if we actually got something cool other than +1 to the platinum count. 

Oooo new word! Pavlovian - Classical conditioning (also Pavlovian or respondent conditioning) is a process of behavior modification in which an innate response to a potent biological stimulus becomes expressed in response to a previous stimulus.

Sweet!

Edited by Dav9834

I think those that strive to get the Platinum find it rewarding in its own right.

I speak for myself, but acing all challenges the developer/publisher felt appropriate to put in the game is additional value for money for me with a game I enjoy.

That said, each trophy is of the same value to me - I strive for all DLC trophies too and find each Bronze as satisfying as each Platinum

Only got 3 platinum trophies, however Battlefield 4 was the only real challenge for me. That Obliteration trophy. Damn diditI feel so good when I got it. So yes for the time being receiving platinum trophies feels really rewarding for me  B)

I find platinums that I've put a lot of time and effort into awarding enough as it is - albeit it would be cool to be able to use a trophy image as an avatar from the game you've got a platinum on

For example, you get the platinum for a game, so you're now able to use any of the trophy images as avatars