Predicting Game of the Year 2015

Confon

So this year has been a great year of gaming, in my opinion, far superior from what was 2014 in only 5 months and the future is looking greater. 

With the already released games like Bloodborne, Mortal Kombat X and Dying Light, the year has had some big blockbusters. With the release of The Witcher 3 next week, the real competition starts here, and becomes harder with the arrival of Batman. 

The amount of great games this year is astonishing, with the ones of Metal Gear Solid V, Mad Max, Star Wars, No Man's Sky, Persona 5, The Division, Rainbow Six Siege, Halo 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider and, please, Fallout 4, who do you think will come up on top and who would you like to?

My personal pick and prediction is MGSV

• Like 1

I feel like The Witcher 3 and Batman Arkham Knight are the games that will be chosen as the highest contenders to be GOTY for most people. But for me, I think Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain might be my personal GOTY.

• Like 1

Probably Batman, The Witcher, or freaking Metal Gear. In fact, more than likely Metal Gear because at this point Kojima could take a dump in a box and it would get rave reviews. And with what's going on over at Konami right now, I'm fairly certain that's what we're going to get: a dump in a box. If I knew I was getting fired, I sure as hell wouldn't do anything past the bare minimum of what's expected out of me.

Edited by damon8r351
  • Like 1

I don't wanna jinx it, but Witcher 3 feels like one of those games that critics constantly praise but in reality the game is somewhat okay. Not great. Die hard ESO fans know what a true Western RPG is.

As for my choice for GOTY, I'd say Persona 5 or Bloodborne.

Edited by the_drag0n2
  • Like 1

My pick so far is Resident Evil Revelations 2. But I'm predicting Metal Gear wins, because Kojima fanboys. I'm not saying it won't be quite great game, I'm sure it will. But I feel like it's already won, because of the fans. No Mans Sky may be a big surprise, if that comes out this year. The only thing that gets more votes than an already established franchise, is an artsy indie game.

Second place will probably be Arkham Knight.

• Like 1

So this year has been a great year of gaming, in my opinion, far superior from what was 2014 in only 5 months and the future is looking greater. 
With the already released games like Bloodborne, Mortal Kombat X and Dying Light, the year has had some big blockbusters. With the release of The Witcher 3 next week, the real competition starts here, and becomes harder with the arrival of Batman. 
The amount of great games this year is astonishing, with the ones of Metal Gear Solid V, Mad Max, Star Wars, No Man's Sky, Persona 5, The Division, Rainbow Six Siege, Halo 5, Rise of the Tomb Raider and, please, Fallout 4, who do you think will come up on top and who would you like to?
My personal pick and prediction is MGSV

• Bllodborne - A real contender.  Only thing that may prevent it is that it has a high barrier to entry - if you're not good enough to finish it you can't really consider it for review, and reviewers aren't exactly the best players.
  • Mortal Kombat X - fighting games will never get a GOTY award, and I'm inclined to agree.  The thing that sets MKX from its peers, an actual story, is outclassed by MK9's.  MK9 didn't receive accolades so I don't think MKX will by extension
  • Dying Light - This game is viewed greater than what it is because it came out at a very clever time, an empty early year.
  • The Witcher: Wild Hunt - Early reports state the start is tepid, but as far as my judging books by their cover this would be my vote.
  • Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain - This will be sensational, no other game will have any higher production value and I highly suspect this will have the best graphics.  MGS4 did swing it before and there's no reason to believe there would any sort of quality dropoff to this
  • Mad Max - As much as I like Avalanche and I love their strengths, I don't believe they're able to make a story to match their deep and vibrant worlds and this is what will stop them when fighting against the titans this year.
  • Star Wars: Battlefront - Far too one dimensional
  • No Man's Sky - This is a real contender, if this delivers on all the promises it's made it should sweep.  I have a feeling this will be held until the Morpheus release however.
  • Tom Clancy's The Division - I watched the gameplay trailer on their website (and it actually is a gameplay trailer unlike others) and if the game can maintain this level of exhilaration throughout I can see this storming in.  It isn't coming out though.
  • Persona 5 - This won't come out this year
  • Rainbow Six Siege - Squad based shooter - it's mostly solo affairs that prevail so I think this is DOA as far as GOTY is concerned. BYOB
  • Halo 5 - I can't say from experience to the quality of Halo, having not played any of them, but it always manages to whip up a frenzy on release so it wouldn't surprise me if this took it.
  • Rise of the Tomb Raider - As good as Tomb Raider was, it was still in Uncharted's shadow.  I'm interested to see if they can do enough to stand in their own part of the sunshine.
  • Fallout 4 - This won't come out this year

Predicting the game of the year in mid May? Really? :huh:

Thinking the exact same thing... People are picking games that are yet to be released

That's a what a prediction is - a forecast of something that will happen in the future.  When would be better to predict - December?

Edited by LastPisTolman
  • Like 1

Gotta admit, there's lots of GotY material this year. I hope many of them win awards on different categories. Arkham Knight. Bloodborne. Witcher 3. Persona 5. Metal Gear Solid V: Phantom Pain. To name just some obvious contenders that if they don't get GotY from someone I'm surprised. Looking to be another great year for gaming.

I imagine Bloodborne, Witcher 3 and MGSV duking it out at the end of the year. I find it hard to believe that anything this year will top Bloodborne, at least not for myself, but i doubt a one platform exclusive will win. MGS's probably got this unless they fuck it up because Konami wanted some microtransactions in or something.

I suppose Arkham Knight also has a good chance.

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II obviously.

Come again?

It's coming out in October for JP and December for NA.

Games get delayed - this will be one of them.  All Persona games of late have been delayed - and with December on the crown of the year it will be enough to push it into 2016.

In fact I can remember as far back as Persona 2 being delayed.

• Like 1

Games get delayed - this will be one of them.  All Persona games of late have been delayed - and with December on the crown of the year it will be enough to push it into 2016.

In fact I can remember as far back as Persona 2 being delayed.

I see no reason to delay pretty much finished game (considering the time P-Team had for development), but okay, if you say so.

I don't think Atlus would release trailer so soon if they didn't plan to release the game in given time, though.

It can obviously happen but I just don't think so.

Edited by Satoshi Ookami