almost platinums: how many you have?

dweezil_inc

Dead Or Alive 5 Ultimate - need 1 :silver: and 1 :gold:

Just can't finish the Tutorial mode or any character's Combo Challenge

Worms Revolution - need 1 :gold:

Just need to finish the campaign.  It's harder than it's made out to be, though.

And a couple that stretch the rules slightly...

Frozen Synapse Prime - need 2 :bronze: and 1 :gold:

Just need to finish the campaign.

Metal Gear Solid 2 - need 1 :bronze: and 2 :gold:

Need to finish Hard and Extreme difficulties and complete the VR missions...

Edited by StewartBros

Just 3 games for me:

Battlefield Hardline - Electric Company and Menz in the Hood (Yay Mulitplayer!...)

Kingdom Hearts 1 - The Gummi Ship Plans (Why level 3 missions WHY?!) and defeat again on Normal.

Battlefield: Bad Company - All awards and 10002 kills. (I suck at using the chopper... so may never unlock this...)

Deus Ex Human Revolution - :gold: Foxiest of the Hounds - This is my bane, I got halfway through that run and my hacking skill wasn't high enough to to do an area the only way to do it without alarms and I've given up since

Katamari Forever -  :gold:  Completionist &  :silver:  Enormous Katamari - For the life of me, I just can't get past 2000000km no matter how many times I've tried.  Completionist just boils down to a few items being hell to get (looking at you cowbear) and the fact that there's no complete guide on their locations.

Portal 2 - :gold: Professor Portal, :silver: Friends List with Benifits, & :bronze: Triple Crown - For Triple Crown, it's the one of the only coop trophies that I couldn't do solo w/ 2 controllers (like Still Alive, but I boosted that) & I haven't found anyone who wants to boost it.  For FLw/B I just haven't played with 3 different people on my friends list to hug them but that can be boosted no problem.  Then there's Professor Portal, an annoying trophy that just ruins my day because the whole "you need both PS3 & Steam versions to play coop" thing means that if I ever boost it, it's gonna be an entirely one sided deal since the other person won't be getting it, and that's not good.

• 7 years later...

based on the requirements, I really only have ONE game less then 3 trophies away from platinum and that's Super Night Riders and that's because of the Clear Courses 1-6 in one go trophy and how difficult it is, although it might be easier now since I heard it got a patch recently

Too lazy to check, but I know Vanquish because challenges (did 1, and have zero memory of it lol). 

and Tomb Raider off the top of my head. This one is tragic, as I only don’t have it because for some reason the game won’t let me connect with specific players and it kicks me out when they join. So I would need 3 other people who it works for to help me get one trophy. 😞

I hate online only trophies especially 3+ player ones 

Currently, I have quite a few - some are because I wanted to write a guide for them but get the plat at a later date, others for difficulty (with intention to go back and clean them up one day), with one exception. The list is:

• Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep (difficulty)
  • Vanquish (difficulty)
  • Doom (difficulty)
  • Victor Vran (guide)
  • El Shaddai: Ascension of the Metatron (guide)
  • Singularity (guide)
  • Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (guide)
  • Bulletstorm (guide)
  • Metal Wolf Chaos (guide)
  • Bleach: Soul Resurreccion (guide)
  • God of War: Ragnarok (just want to get plat later)
  • Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin (guide)
  • Final Fantasy V (guide)
  • Like 1

Years ago, I abandoned both Assassin's Creed III and Remember Me because on both, a collectible glitched when the game crashed as I was collecting it, meaning I'd have to play the whole game again (the collectible didn't count, but was removed from the world in both cases).

My closest shave with a 100% was Ecolibrium. The final trophy required me to rank at least #100 in an online challenge. During the last online challenge ever done for the game, I reached #101.

• 2 months later...

Titanfall 2 - :bronze: ...Becomes the Master - I had borrowed a physical copy of this game and had to return it before getting the final trophy.

Oh...Sir! The Insult Simulator - :bronze: Say No More - Anyone who has played this game knows how incredibly stupid this last trophy is, nudge nudge!

Unravel - :gold: Not so fragile after all - Was arduous more than difficult, I think I deleted the game to make space for another install because I couldn't be bothered.

Yakuza 4 - :gold: Heir to the Legend :silver: Ultimate Challenger :silver: Fearsome Foursome - Liked the game but not enough to immediately jump into another playthrough.

Mass Effect 2 - :gold:  Insanity :bronze:  Digital Exorcist :bronze:  Data Hound - Not sure why I never did an Insanity playthrough, should probably get on that.

• Like 1

Gravity Rush Remastered - I need to Gold all of the races. I suck at the races.

Alien: Isolation - Need a No Death Run and a Hard Mode run.

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag - Sacred Land trophy for 100%.

inFamous: First Light - Need to beat Beta Rescue Diamond for three trophies. I tend to suck on this stage.

Goat Simulator - Flappy Goat. 😵

Ratchet & Clank - Gold Cup on Rilgar in under 1:35

Where the Water Tastes Like Wine - Completed the Devil vignette sequence.  I can't find anymore stories.

Watch Dogs: Legion - Resistance Mode run

Mirror's Edge Catalyst - Need to finish up several runs.

SEGA Mega Drive & Genesis Classics - Complete all challenges

Edited by Jamescush147
  • Like 1

Currently I have platinumed all games that I have started, but I do have 2 games that have no platinum that i'm close to getting 100%.

Heavy Weapon (NA) 4S5dcf2f.png (Play online with 3 other players)

Peggle 9S5344f1.png (Clear all pegs and bricks in every level in Quick Play or Adventure mode)

14Sc4fd33.png (Complete all of the challenges in Peggle Nights Challenge mode)

Currently trying to do the Peggle Nights challenges. Probably not going to play much during christmas, so probably will have to wait for next year to get these completed.

I’ll play:

Gran Turismo 7 - Only trophy I need is to get gold on all the time trials. Stuck on S-2 and ended up concluded that I just suck at racing games. 

Resident Evil II (Remake) - Need “Hell of a Sheriff” trophy in the DLC to get 100%. Hate enclosed spaces with hordes of zombies (100 to be exact). Makes me claustrophobic. Maybe one day. 

Little Nightmares- just need the speed run trophy to get 100%. One day. Love this game. 

Limbo - only remaining trophy that requires beating the game without dying more than 4x or something like that. One day to get it at 100%. 

GTA4 (PS3) - Only needed the MP trophies to get the platinum.  My PS3 is no longer with us. RIP. 

Honorable mentions - Last of Us merely because the online server shutdown on the PS3. Black Ops 2 (PS3) not spending $50 on DLC during the final days of my PS3 era. 

• Like 2

My near plats are-

Tetris Effect (4 remaining) One trophy (SS on everything) has caused me to hit a bit of a brick wall.

Castles (4 remaining)-Haven’t played well enough and surviving for more than 5 minutes is REALLY hard.

Tropico 6 (6 remaining)-Laziness. Just have to clean up the remaining missions

• Like 1

I have a few but the one I actually consider to be worthy of the name is God of War. I also had the last valkyrie to beat, but the reason I stopped was because of the trophy for SHOOTING CROWS.

Not only it was an horrible collectible but it was really hard for me to take them out (they move!), so I let them be. Even with a guide I wasn't able to shoot one in the middle of the Midgard bridge so I never went for the rest.

Edited by Jeanolt
  • Like 2

A few with two or less trophies away from platinum I just couldn’t be bothered at the time or gave up, Probably won’t ever go back to try again though.

Dead Space [PS3] - Beat in hardest difficulty 

God of War - Beat challenge of the gods & Beat game in 5hrs 

God of War 2 - Beat challenge of the Titans

Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune [PS3] - Beat crushing difficulty 

Spec Ops: The Line - Beat Fubar difficulty

Mass Effect 3 [PS3] - Beat Insanity difficulty & kill 5000 enemies

Bastion - Beat strangers dream with 10 idols invoked & Beat score attack mode 

Journey of the Broken Circle - Beat bad trip 

Edited by blacklight-nero

On 9/23/2023 at 2:48 AM, Kimura Takahashi said:

Fourteen

Nice bump, Kimura! You find some good threads.

Mine:

- Fall Guys (glitched trophy)

- Powerwash Simulator (glitched trophy)

- Tennis World Tour 2 (not grinding for 20 hours)

- Doki Doki Literature Club (grew bored trying to get the rarest RNG image)

- Super Night Riders (lost my save, couldn't be bothered doing the entire game again)

- Semispheres (gave up on speedrun)

- Stanley Parable (not leaving it on for a Tuesday)

- Deer God (glitched trophy)

- Stereo Aereo (either a glitched trophy or the requirements aren't fully known. It's believed you need to beat the game 3x in a row, not testing it)

- Dungeon Travellers 2 (insane grind with no tracker, no thanks)

- Total Arcade Racing (tracker resets if you close game, I didn't know this, not doing the grindiest trophy in one sitting)

- Wuppo (not patient enough to master boss rush)

- Fenix Furia (glitched trophies)

- Gal*Gun (not up for the grind)

- Battle Princess Madyln (again not doing the grind, waste of time)

- Superbeat Xonic (just couldn't do the last mission, if I had I could have grinded out the songs played)

- Demon's Tilt (either glitched trophies or must be done in a single setting; neither worked for me)