Rockin' but not Mega aka No Platinum

theJJ88

Steady on there. I enjoy hunting trophies as much as the next girl, but that's some deranged line of thinking. 

I agree. People shouldn't say stuff like that even as a joke. Somebody could take his comment seriously and see it as a terriorst threat or something along those lines.

You see it happen on the news from time to time, people making false death threats when they're stress out on Facebook or whatever and getting arrested for it.

• Like 1

Its maybe not a "Trophy Forum" .... but its a "Trophy Topic" .... so if someone not cares about trophies why going in trophy topics and complaining that ppl talk about trophies ....  what ever.

OT:

dm111284:Your opinion is pretty harsh, but i agree that this game should have a plat , if even I am Bread , or goat sim have a plat.  

But in the end we cannot change it , so if you like the game you can still enjoy it and collect (atleast) few trophies it has :)

• Like 3

I still had the ps2's anniversary collection, I feel like it's more rewarding than this release.

the anniversary had 8 mega man games if I'm not wrong, plus the content it had like artworks of the characters from early looks and canceled bosses and enemies. sure there was no trophies / achievements back then but if you manage to finish the collection to 100% you'll be rewarded with a full video of episode 1 Mega Man tv series.

• Like 1

The issue with this is and yes I know it happens all time but it is that Xbox have more achievements than PS4's trophies, Almost every second PSN game I play has this and its starting to get annoying.

Yes I know some reasons why and to be honest I don't care its about time Sony started to wake up and except it.

As for the members who are saying who cares or why does this matter, your on a trophy forum and yet you don't care about trophies..... I'm confused

It has trophies.  Just not a platinum.  Big deal....

Really?  If you enjoy the MM games you should get the collection regardless.  

On another note, XBone version has 24 achievements I am pretty sure... lulz.

I agree, theres just too many games. So if I decided on buying this or that game, I'll get the game with the plat. Unless it's a game I really want to play which hasn't happened yet. I love megaman, but if I spend money I'll buy something new. I have the 1-8 collection, so there's little point in buying this imo

Edited by Tomoko Kuroki

I never implied my life would be ruined or thought I acted angry about it. No need to be provocated by a statement. ;)

I don't care that much of 7&8, but on 9&10 I agree. Those two should have been included. And I still think shiny Platinum would have been mega.

Leaving out 7 and (especially) 8 was a great idea. 10 already has trophies. I would like to have seen 9 with trophies, however.

The game should have a plat, but I've given up on worrying about games that should/shouldn't have a plat.

I agree, theres just too many games. So if I decided on buying this or that game, I'll get the game with the plat. Unless it's a game I really want to play which hasn't happened yet. I love megaman, but if I spend money I'll buy something new. I have the 1-8 collection, so there's little point in buying this imo

Yeah - I have that collection, too, and will wait this out for a large sale.

Leaving out 7 and (especially) 8 was a great idea. 10 already has trophies. I would like to have seen 9 with trophies, however.

The game should have a plat, but I've given up on worrying about games that should/shouldn't have a plat.

Yeah - I have that collection, too, and will wait this out for a large sale.

As usual, most forget dev's side of view. Not only 7&8 are "weakest" of series, they are different from rest. Capcom clearly made budget and time frame for developer to make engine that can run 1-6 smoothly in HD on current gen, 7&8 would had needed much more work. 9&10 would have been easier to implement and great to bring them on PS4. With all 1-6 and 9&10 in one collection, game would had needed to have platinum due increased amount of trophies.

Though I need to remind this is all mere speculation... and talk of guy who spent hours on MM1&3 back in 90s on NES and not only wants to complete series but have a platinum as memory of that. :) 

Because whoever made the trophy list only put 315 points worth of trophies in. Im pretty sure there needs to be a certain amount of points to qualify for a platinum.

Same reason why the Walking Dead season 2 had no platinum (the way the episodes were released).

Walking Dead s2 was most likely due trophy list on s1 and experiment by developers. During s1, they changed story few times during development and had to change trophy descriptions and pictures. They also edited trophies to be less spoilers and s2 releasing trophies as dlc gave fans less information to speculate about plot. It seems though that due feedback, they returned to old style (GoT&TfBL). :)

If people care about platinums, let them. They shared what they think and you should let them complain a bit instead of staying on the topic and starting stuff. 

If they are disappointed, well that is just them, people like plats, it is as simple as that. 
This whole topic discussion is off rail now anyway.

• Like 2

Sony and Microsoft have different policies is all.

And this isn't a trophy forum, this is a GAMING forum. This site is really more about gaming then trophies and because of that fact not everyone has to care about trophies and I bet many, maybe even the majority, of the users on this site don't even pay attention to trophies and maybe even turned trophy pops off on their systems.

There are also plenty of forum topics on this site that aren't even about gaming either, let alone trophies, that even the site's owner, Sly Ripper, has made and commented in so yeah asking why people don't care about trophies on this site isn't gonna get you anywhere so just don't worry about it.

Maybe the forum yes but take a look at how many users on this site as a whole and not just the forum are here only to have their trophy log reported which for me is the biggest part and function of this site. If there was no trophy reporting I would not even use this site much at all and I am not the only one who shares this feeling. Many members don't even use the forum side to this site.

Also take a look at most game sections if this site did not have a focus on trophies why do most games have a trophy guide and not just a walkthrough, as for the comment of non gaming topics well every gaming forum has that section regardless of what the forum is about.

But in the end each person can view what this site is for them and for me it is linked to trophies and trophy aid more than a forum. Great for boosting as well with the boosting section which is also linked to trophies.

It has trophies.  Just not a platinum.  Big deal....

Your missing the point that the Xbox version has more achievements where Sony gets this cut in half list again. For someone that likes to collect trophies I would rather 100 normal trophies with no plat than a list of 10 to 15 trophies.

• Like 2

Maybe the forum yes but take a look at how many users on this site as a whole and not just the forum are here only to have their trophy log reported which for me is the biggest part and function of this site. If there was no trophy reporting I would not even use this site much at all and I am not the only one who shares this feeling. Many members don't even use the forum side to this site.

Also take a look at most game sections if this site did not have a focus on trophies why do most games have a trophy guide and not just a walkthrough, as for the comment of non gaming topics well every gaming forum has that section regardless of what the forum is about.

But in the end each person can view what this site is for them and for me it is linked to trophies and trophy aid more than a forum. Great for boosting as well with the boosting section which is also linked to trophies.

Your missing the point that the Xbox version has more achievements where Sony gets this cut in half list again. For someone that likes to collect trophies I would rather 100 normal trophies with no plat than a list of 10 to 15 trophies.

I get it.  Folks are salty.  It was the same way with RE4 and CV....  I don't care about the amount of trophies.  If games pique my interest, I'll give them a shot.  I like getting trophies myself.  I still don't see what the big deal is.

• Like 3

would've been better if they included Mega Man 9 and 10 ( also 8 even though that one is not good)

Would've been better if they gave us the Mega Man X games, in my opinion.

I'm with Grimy. Does it kinda suck? Yeah. But if I want the 100%, I'll get it. I don't need a platinum trophy to entice me to do so. Then again, I don't really care about my trophy exp much so I guess not having a plat wouldn't bug me anyway. :dunno:

From my understanding, there's no need for Sony approval to have a platinum anymore. That's why games like Goat Simulator and I am Bread are coming out with them.

Which only makes things worse, especially since they promised that it would have a plat.

At least one developer has mentioned that you basically have to "apply" for a platinum trophy, which suggests if you don't do so, the game will automatically have the "small" trophy list. That makes more sense than any other explanation I've seen anyone use. It continues to make sense here when you factor in Capcom's reputation for not listening to fans/not being in touch with what the fans want.

Steady on there. I enjoy hunting trophies as much as the next girl, but that's some deranged line of thinking. 

You're taking that too seriously. It used to be a fairly common joke. Garfield would say it all the time on his Saturday morning cartoon show.

• Like 1