What Plat Should the Guy Above You NOT Go For?

jjjkur

11 hours ago, HazyDie said:

I absolutely don’t know what the problem with Watch Dogs is, I love that game! The multiplayer isn’t that great but aside from graphics and some minor game mechanics it’s even better than the second game of that series. It‘s all in the story.

To the guy above me: I don’t know what game you have played is the worst to platinum but I think Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout shouldn‘t be on your list since you only played for a couple of hours, despite your status saying that all you do is playing this game, if I understood it correctly.

Edit:

I figured that it might be a bit unfair, because I only have two games without platinum, since I'm fairly new to the platform. So here is a list of some games that are on my radar and that I probably wanna play some day (upcoming games not included):

Astroneer

Control  (will play this next after finishing Bugsnax)

Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

Detroit: Become Human

Enter the Gungeon

God of War

Graveyard Keeper

Hitman 3

Maneater

No Man's Sky

Oddworld: Soulstorm

Persona 5

Ratchet & Clank

Republique

SnowRunner

The Last Guardian

The Last of Us Part II

The Last of Us Remastered  (allegedly very difficult, because of some online trophies)

Watch Dogs: Legion

Okay bro, so I think you shouldn't bother with the last of us part 2. Play the first one first, as it's a brilliant game. I recommend not going for any trophies at first, just enjoy the ride. After that go for the plat. Honestly, online isn't that bad, just takes a long while even with skipping days, but the game itself is well worth it. As for the second part, well i do have the plat but was it worth my time? Not really. I think that you should only plat the games you really like and that was not the case with the last of us part 2. It's not the worst game but it's not a masterpiece some say it is. It's waaaaay too long, boring and the story is just straight from bald and beautiful. Go for the first one my dude, lil challenge never killed nobody. Second one is pretty much long ass hand me plat.

EDIT for whoever is gonna advise me against platting something, please don't say Fall Guys I'm obviously not going for it

Edited by Herbset
Fall Guys
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Herbset said:

Okay bro, so I think you shouldn't bother with the last of us part 2. Play the first one first, as it's a brilliant game. I recommend not going for any trophies at first, just enjoy the ride. After that go for the plat. Honestly, online isn't that bad, just takes a long while even with skipping days, but the game itself is well worth it. As for the second part, well i do have the plat but was it worth my time? Not really. I think that you should only plat the games you really like and that was not the case with the last of us part 2. It's not the worst game but it's not a masterpiece some say it is. It's waaaaay too long, boring and the story is just straight from bald and beautiful. Go for the first one my dude, lil challenge never killed nobody. Second one is pretty much long ass hand me plat.

EDIT for whoever is gonna advise me against platting something, please don't say Fall Guys I'm obviously not going for it

The most problematic (aside from fall guys) seems to be UFC3 and this kind of game is somehow annoying to me even when I like MMA. 

On 4/22/2021 at 0:05 AM, Neptuos said:

It's hard, most games on your backlog are actually doable, like RDR 2, Saints Row 3 and 4, etc.. i would say leave Monster Hunter as it is, guess you didn't liked the game that much, and you need to love that one to survive the grind for the crowns.

I do intend to go back to it at some point. Can't remember why I didn't continue. Probably will just start over. I still have it. 

13 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Street Fighter 4. The grindy online is bad enough, but the trials alone would break me.

GTA V if it's even obtainable still. If not, NFS Rivals. I did it twice, I know...I regret it!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MidnightDragon said:

GTA V if it's even obtainable still. If not, NFS Rivals. I did it twice, I know...I regret it!

That's very iffy. I'd probably have to boost all the online save for Run Like the Wind in a private free roam session, then have a modder try to place a bounty when everything else is done. From what I'm hearing the Heists DLC puts you back in a Public session once you finish a heist, which makes this a game I will automatically omit from my list. I'm not taking that risk.

Need for Speed Rivals isn't that bad honestly. Just a lot of grinding and boring content you have to sift through.

Tetris Effect. Having to do everything in a quick time frame for that one trophy doesn't sound like fun at all.

On 4/17/2021 at 9:29 AM, charxsetsuna said:

Rayman Legends

I've heard the online challenges are a real nightmare.

game is just very grindy, should go for gold if u can otherwise silver and need to do it daily and weekly for a few best to do it from the start if ur starting the game along with single player

On 4/4/2021 at 10:55 AM, Don_carlito94 said:

Injustice 1

Unless you absolutely adore the game, the trophies could be a chore to do if you want the plat.

been working on this since last year tho i played it a few times in the past, getting to level 100 is a chore impossible i did legit with flash (something i'm proud of) only thing that may stop me is the max battle tower 

On 3/20/2021 at 0:57 PM, blue_blur_98 said:

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is brutal. Seriously.

i really wanna play this though, is it just as brutal as ctr? 

On 2/12/2021 at 11:35 AM, Copanele said:

Blazblue Continuum Shift. Avoiding the Astral Finishers xD 

Nah jokes aside, I'd pick Mortal Kombat. As sweet as the rarity looks like, that stupid grind for My Kung Fu is Stronger just ain't worth it -_- 

game is impossible to plat since march of last year unless u did the online trophies already 

10 hours ago, NeelBehl said:

game is just game is impossible to plat since march of last year unless u did the online trophies already 

Already done all the online trophies ?

10 hours ago, xxEliteCDxx said:

Star Wars Battlefront

Black Ops 3. That awful grind in single player plus 5 packs of dlc trophies for zombies is just excessive. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

Already done all the online trophies 1f601.png

Black Ops 3. That awful grind in single player plus 5 packs of dlc trophies for zombies is just excessive. 

I'd say Far Cry 2. I'll concede I'm not super familiar with it but a 0.58% platinum rarity tied heavily into a crap-ton of online play seems like a mammoth under-taking. It's still obtainable which is crazy for such an old game but unless you really love it - think there are better games to pursue instead.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, realm722 said:

I'd say Far Cry 2. I'll concede I'm not super familiar with it but a 0.58% platinum rarity tied heavily into a crap-ton of online play seems like a mammoth under-taking. It's still obtainable which is crazy for such an old game but unless you really love it - think there are better games to pursue instead.

Well most of your games ARE platinumed my choices are limited. But I'd say pretty much all the sports games you got left undone on your list cause goddamn sports games are probably some of the most unfun games I've ever tried to play in my life

1 hour ago, ObsiEez said:

Well most of your games ARE platinumed my choices are limited. But I'd say pretty much all the sports games you got left undone on your list cause goddamn sports games are probably some of the most unfun games I've ever tried to play in my life

Out of the games we share, I would say Smite (although I specifically didn't even try Friday the 13th because it seemed too grindy and I wasn't super interested in it anyway). Smite's actually pretty good for a free game, but some of the trophies are going to require either ridiculous skill or luck, and boosting is a nightmare. You could sort of reverse smurf it to give yourself a better shot at the harder trophies, by learning the game on a different account then going back and destroying the beginners you'll be matched with on your main, but I don't know if I'm allowed to encourage that.

Also, don't put any actual money into gems. I was in a pretty good group when I started that talked me into buying a bunch of meme skins, a year later they all quit and I had sunk fifty dollars for characters I didn't even want to play. You'll actually get opportunities to earn a good amount for free if you keep up with the pro streams and other events, and if you save up your login gems for a season pass and finish it you'll earn a good themed collection and other cosmetics and get your gems back.

Edited by PhantomWarcry
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, PhantomWarcry said:

Out of the games we share, I would say Smite (although I specifically didn't even try Friday the 13th because it seemed too grindy and I wasn't super interested in it anyway). Smite's actually pretty good for a free game, but some of the trophies are going to require either ridiculous skill or luck, and boosting is a nightmare. You could sort of reverse smurf it to give yourself a better shot at the harder trophies, by learning the game on a different account then going back and destroying the beginners you'll be matched with on your main, but I don't know if I'm allowed to encourage that.

I would advise against going for Street Fighter 5 if you don’t plan on boosting, unless you’d like to spend hundreds of hours perfecting your combo skills to climb the ranks. If you do intend to boost, then go ahead!

41 minutes ago, Wikkibur said:

Terraria, looks too much of a challenge really.

Well you only just started it but I gotta say it. Fallout 76.

Back when the game came out it was pretty much unplayable. Broken balancing, broken spawns, broken quests, you name it. From what I hear they fixed some of the broken quests but also changed enemies to scale to your level making it a hassle to progress since you'll get better damaging guns, but oh guess what? Now the enemies tank more damage so it's as if nothing changed. Not to mention they said they wouldn't add any pay to win elements but would you look at that, they did it anyway. Honestly the worst game I've ever seen from Bethesda. At least the bugs & glitches in the other Bethesda games were harmless & funny, in 76, they're deadly & downright breaks your progress

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ObsiEez said:

Well you only just started it but I gotta say it. Fallout 76.

Back when the game came out it was pretty much unplayable. Broken balancing, broken spawns, broken quests, you name it. From what I hear they fixed some of the broken quests but also changed enemies to scale to your level making it a hassle to progress since you'll get better damaging guns, but oh guess what? Now the enemies tank more damage so it's as if nothing changed. Not to mention they said they wouldn't add any pay to win elements but would you look at that, they did it anyway. Honestly the worst game I've ever seen from Bethesda. At least the bugs & glitches in the other Bethesda games were harmless & funny, in 76, they're deadly & downright breaks your progress

Payday 2: Crimewave Edition

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, jninja79 said:

im gonna go for the obvious pick here, that being super meat boy. Just save yourself the headache xD

Terraria. I can say from experience (Platinuming it & 100%'ing it on PC) that the game takes dedication & A LOT of time investment. Just save yourself the time & just do something else. I also spied Fallout 76, my thoughts on that one are already above or else I would have chosen that one ?

1 minute ago, ObsiEez said:

Terraria. I can say from experience (Platinuming it & 100%'ing it on PC) that the game takes dedication & A LOT of time investment. Just save yourself the time & just do something else. I also spied Fallout 76, my thoughts on that one are already above or else I would have chosen that one 1f602.png

Stardew Valley

5 hours ago, Wikkibur said:

Stardew Valley

I Am Bread. Remember playing it on PC & the controls were just god awful. I couldn't imagine platinuming that that with a control scheme like that.

Also on Stardew Valley, already got Fector's Challenge since they've made it easier with recent updates so all I got left is easy stuff, so that's gonna be #250!