Longest Platinum

Orlay_

Didn't there used to be a stat on here that literally said "Longest Platinum"? 

I THINK it's still Fallout 3 for me, but I also feel like I surpassed that...I just can't remember. But Fallout 3 took me 4 Years to Platinum, I bought it in 2010 and didn't like it...and finally went back to it 4 years later giving it another chance, and got the Plat. Took me another 4 years to get the DLC and 100% it. 

Mine is Black Ops, first trophy obtained in 2011 and I got the platinum in 2021. So that's 9 years and 10 months for me. 

Mine is Black Ops, first trophy obtained in 2011 and I got the platinum in 2021. So that's 9 years and 10 months for me. 

On 10/23/2022 at 8:28 AM, Viper said:

Didn't there used to be a stat on here that literally said "Longest Platinum"? 

I THINK it's still Fallout 3 for me, but I also feel like I surpassed that...I just can't remember. But Fallout 3 took me 4 Years to Platinum, I bought it in 2010 and didn't like it...and finally went back to it 4 years later giving it another chance, and got the Plat. Took me another 4 years to get the DLC and 100% it. 

So I was wrong about this. I forgot Deus Ex: Human Revolution is my longest Platinum at 7 Years 4 Months. 

I played it back in 2013, really enjoyed it, restarted it 4 times to make sure I was in a comfortable spot to not raise any alarms. And once I beat the game and the "Foxiest of the Hounds" trophy didn't pop I was kinda heartbroken and put the game away thinking I'd never touch it again. But in 2020, I played and got the Plat in Mankind Divided and figured since I was in that mood and mindset for Deus Ex that it'd translate better if I immediately went back and tried to replay Human Revolution...and sure enough I got it done. 

I ended up buying the DLC for it around this time too and completely forgot about it. So I still need to go back and 100% it...which means it's be a near 10 year 100%

• Like 1

On this account my longest platinum is Trails of Cold Steel at 2 months 1 week. On my primary though my longest is Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep at 7 years 6 months. I struggled with the ice cream beat mini game and eventually gave up. About a year ago though I managed to get the platinum on this account then I immediately went back to my primary and got the platinum there as well.

I really thought The Crew was my longest plat with 6 years 9 months and boy were some of them trophies a grind but apparently it took me 7 years 4 months to complete bloodborne. The game was frustrating when I first picked it up and I never gave it a proper good go but in the end I picked it up again and it holds up still to this day as a masterpiece. Maybe one day I'll pop another one that will take even longer as I work slowly through my backlog 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It would be a toss-up between GTA V, Skyrim, Killzone: Shadow Fall and Red Dead Redemption.  My official time to earn the platinum for GTA V is just over 336 hours or just over 2 weeks.  I can delete Skyrim from the running.  I think the 100% took me about 280 hours.  As for Shadow Fall and RDR, I don't know my official times so if not GTA V, it could be one of those two.  Regardless, those four games combined easily amount to well over 1,200 hours. 

EDIT: Of course if you mean the time between earning the very first trophy and finally earning the platinum then it would be Asura's Wrath at 8 years, 9 months.

Edited by Spider-Man916
  • Like 1

Depends on what you mean. 

If you mean real world time, the longest gap I have is 8 years 1 month to get the Persona 4 Golden plat.

If you mean amount of time spent actually playing, Dragon Ball Xenoverse. It took me more than 250 hours to get, with more than 200 of that being just straight grinding because of the horrible RNG.

• 1 year later...
On 6/23/2022 at 12:26 AM, Elvick_ said:

Pfft, my last post was 4 measly years. Pathetic. 

L8449c3.png

10 years, 2 months, 1 week

Ha, nerd. get more lazy….. wait 🤨 

Lf4db9b.png
13 years, 11 months, 2 weeks

Another PS3 game topping the charts of my backlog lol.

I dropped the game because I got overwhelmed due to the online automatically adding side quests of people’s games to yours when you join them. Glad I went back to it. The 100% took over 14 years.

i assume this is the longest (for now). I’m too lazy to check for sure, maybe I’ll check in 13 years 😛