Longest Platinum

Orlay_

School Girl / Zombie Hunter. 3 years and 6 months.

I played it a bit in 2017, got distracted and forgot the game.

Then, a month ago I searched for a game for my 200 th. platinum, that goes with the themes I wanted for the milestone (girls and military), remembered this  game and was lucky enough to get the platinum yesterday.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Again broke my record for the longest platinum with Mirror's Edge Catalyst at 3 years, 3 months and 2 weeks. My first plan after returning to the game was to just get the trophies for finishing all the side missions but after getting those I thought I'd try to get 3 stars on the remaining dashes. After a lot of attempts I actually managed that so the only thing remaining was to grind the remaining collectibles.

10 years 9 months 1 week 3 days 21 hours between 1st GTA IV trophy and Platinum.

I think I have a pretty unbeatable gap there, lol.

Anyone?

Edited by jrod2510
Didnt like that my messages were auto-merged

18 minutes ago, jrod2510 said:

10 years 9 months 1 week 3 days 21 hours between 1st GTA IV trophy and Platinum.

Anyone?

Haha that's crazy. I keep thibking I want to go back and get a crazy long platinum. I'll keep you posted :P.

I'm at 6 years 9 month (I think its my longest) for final fantasy 14.

10 hours ago, jrod2510 said:

Anyone?

Yeah man 12.5 years on the original little big planet

also by the time I beat killzone 2 on elite difficulty it’ll be probably 15 years lol 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Spork_the_BOAT said:

Haha that's crazy. I keep thibking I want to go back and get a crazy long platinum. I'll keep you posted :P.

I'm at 6 years 9 month (I think its my longest) for final fantasy 14.

Lol, your GTA IV would beat my GTA IV if you went back and did that one.  Looks like plenty of others to choose from too.  GL lol

8 hours ago, KyleMcLaughlin said:

Yeah man 12.5 years on the original little big planet

also by the time I beat killzone 2 on elite difficulty it’ll be probably 15 years lol 

Damn, yeah you got two that are 12 years plus.

With my GTA IV, it's funny cuz the whole reason I wanted a PS3 was because of GTA IV.  Then I didnt even get a PS3 until the summer of 2010, and when I did all I did was play Tiger 11 & 12.  Wish I would've finished those off in time, or just had the ability to go back and finish them.

Is  there a thread for most disappointment or regret of a title that you were unable to platinum? Cuz I've got 4 so far, no 5:  Tiger 11 & 12, Burnout Paradise, Black Ops II & NFS The Run.  BO2 & The Run especially hurt because those were the main two games I was playing in 2015 (mostly BO2) right before they both became Plat blocked in early 2016.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jrod2510 said:

Lol, your GTA IV would beat my GTA IV if you went back and did that one.  Looks like plenty of others to choose from too.  GL lol

Damn, yeah you got two that are 12 years plus.

With my GTA IV, it's funny cuz the whole reason I wanted a PS3 was because of GTA IV.  Then I didnt even get a PS3 until the summer of 2010, and when I did all I did was play Tiger 11 & 12.  Wish I would've finished those off in time, or just had the ability to go back and finish them.

Is  there a thread for most disappointment or regret of a title that you were unable to platinum? Cuz I've got 4 so far, no 5:  Tiger 11 & 12, Burnout Paradise, Black Ops II & NFS The Run.  BO2 & The Run especially hurt because those were the main two games I was playing in 2015 (mostly BO2) right before they both became Plat blocked in early 2016.

Still mad respect on finishing GTA4 if I had the time I’d buy the game and again but if I recall that online was more time consuming than GTA5? and yeah lately I’ve been on a kick of finishing old games I was close to but never got the platinum. 

currently working on the giant achievement trophy in bo2 and oh my what an understatement that name is.  

Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing

Platinum in 11 years, 3 months

Got a glitched trophy that absolutely destroyed my morale and caused me to quit, because I still had a very grindy trophy to do after it. Looks like the glitched trophy is semi-infamous nowadays, but back then I could only find ONE post in some random forum, and everyone was telling the poor guy to "get gud." No solutions in sight. I said screw this, and gave the game to a friend because I was just done with it.

I've been a member on PSNP for close to 3 and a half years, but I only started posting/really using the site a couple months ago, right after Sony said they were closing the stores on PSP, Vita, and PS3. Seeing my games and their trophies on a more regular basis really inspired me to repurchase the game and give it another try. Very happy I did! That plat was satisfying to say the least.

On 2012-06-25 at 6:07 PM, silver_pigy said:

mine would be skyrim and although i only have 2 plats i still find it took a long time to achieve it

6 months and 1 week

I conquered, completed and deleted Skyrim to 100% in 1 week 4 days.

Longest time on my profile for me was not Fallout 4 although my profile says "3 Years, 5 months" - That was for the 100%. Never returned to 100% the DLCs it until I bought the GOTY edition years later.

But longest actual Platinum times are:
- Borderlands 2(Ps4) @ 1 Year, 11 Months
- Eventide: Slavic Fable @ 1 Year, 6 Months
- Kingdom Hearts II(Ps4) @ 1 Year, 6 Months

I have recently returned to Final Fantasy 15 Pocket Edition - Which my first trophy was Dec of 2019, so I do believe once I get this Platinum it will be my "Longest"

Edited by Gecko-Byte
Current Progress

took me 2 years 3 months to platinum red dead redemption 2

the story itself was really enjoyable. personally loved Sadie Adler's story arch the best

but the terrible online, and horrific campaign trophy requirements, left me with an overall negative impression

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KyleMcLaughlin said:

Still mad respect on finishing GTA4 if I had the time I’d buy the game and again but if I recall that online was more time consuming than GTA5? and yeah lately I’ve been on a kick of finishing old games I was close to but never got the platinum. 

currently working on the giant achievement trophy in bo2 and oh my what an understatement that name is.  

Lol, yeah, on my way to Giant Achievement there were def a couple moments of almost throwing the controller or smashing anything within reach.  But I would say that Giant Achievement was not nearly as bad as BO3's Personal Decorator - that was a completely unnecessary grind, absolutely hated it.  Countless hours of just running and gunning & saving;  running, gunning & saving - just ... ugh.

• Like 1

My biggest gap would be Mafia II with 10 years and 4 months. One of the first games I played when I first got my PS3, I didn't go for the DLCs at that time, I decided to clean up my unfinished games recently and went for it ? 

I have a lot of likely big gaps :

- Red Dead Redemption : 9 years and 5 months

- GTA IV : 9 years and 3 months

- Dante's Inferno : 9 years and 3 months 

• Like 2

Metro Exodus
Platinum in 2 years, 2 months

That’s my longest platinum. Reason it took so long was because I didn’t feel like replaying the game on Ranger Hardcore since I didn’t enjoy it that much. Then I read about a glitch here on the forums that would net me the trophy for Ranger Hardcore and the bad ending. Both of those were the only trophies I was missing for plat so it all played out well for me ???

On 7/24/2021 at 10:51 AM, jrod2510 said:

Anyone?

GTA 4. 12 years and 7 weeks. Something about this game brings out the best in people it seems :giggle:

Edit: 12 years and 7 months. It's even worse than I thought. Now this is a leaderboard I can actually compete in!

Edited by Boomshanks
  • Like 1