Longest Platinum

Orlay_

• 2 weeks later...

L31a8a4.png

Took me 3 years, 10 months and 4 weeks. I got a VR Headset on Christmas 2017 and played the game a little bit and got a few trophies however, not realizing that it was more a party game than anything else, I stopped playing it. Fast forward to watching a Playstation Youtuber doing a video where he tries to get 30 Platinum's in 30 days, this was one of the games he played. I look at the trophy guide and it wasn't that hard. When I was committed to playing it, finished the rest of the trophies in 17 hours.

At the moment, it's Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time (2 years and 1 month). Not because that's just how long it naturally took me to Platinum the game, but because it just sat on my backlog for ages. I made several attempts to actually get it done, but it just kept going right back to the backlog several times until I actually completed it last month.

On a similar note, I've picked Knack back up from the backlog. I haven't completed it yet, but I'm getting some decent progress. I started it in 2018, and my current gap as of the writing of this post is 4 years and 1 month. So if I finish the trophy list in Knack, that will swiftly take Sly 4's place as my longest Platinum.

8 minutes ago, Gommes_ said:

1L3686b4.png

Street Fighter IV took me 12 years and 10 months.

Damn...

If I go back to my first PS3 game and plat today, it will be 10 years..

• Like 1

Saints Row IV on PS3, platinum time clocking in at 7 years, 10 months, 4 weeks, 2 days and 9 hours.

Why did it take that long? I bought the game way before I got into trophy hunting, then went back and platted it years later after I got into it.

Resident Evil 5

51 of 71 Trophies

7th January 2022 • Platinum in 12 years, 9 months

Backlogged for a LONG time, went back to get the platinum with my brother for my 500th platinum :)

Edited by Morrogorra
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...

Le31f85.png

Platinum
1 year, 4 months, 2 weeks

1L61febd.png

One Last Time
Collect All The Trophies

40-platinum.png

10.04% | Very Rare

I remember that at the time I started the game it was late 2018, I got as many trophies that I thought I was capable of "obtain". I started trophy hunting at that time so I was a complete "newbie" to this hobby. So I quitted the game when I saw trophies like the "speedrun under 6hrs" and the "crushing difficulty" one. I didn't know anything about enabling gameplay modifiers, speed running videogames and that kind of stuff. But almost a year later I got the platinum of GTA V and that was a confidence boost to be honest. I felt that I was capable of tackling almost whatever game that I wanted to play/plat. Few months later, in 2020 during lockdown I decided to come back to Uncharted 4 to get the platinum. I was very confident and now I'm proud of this plat, also because I got the 100% like a year later of getting the platinum!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

L13484e.png

Final Fantasy XIII was the longest platinum I've done (spent about 130 hours or so before I got it) and it held the record for about 10 years. However, that changed a few days ago. This game dethroned FFXIII and took its place as the longest platinum I've done.

Let me just say something. I could've achieved the platinum in about 90-100 hours of playtime (though the exact time is unknown, it's somewhere between those and I checked that), but because the game also has DLCs, I decided to get those out of the way first before popping the platinum. It's my way of doing things. In rare cases, I'll pop the platinum before I finish the DLCs.

In total, it took me a total of 145 hours to get the platinum. The main reason was the Solosseum which took me a while to get through. Once I did, I rushed to the part where I popped the final trophy, as well as the platinum, bringing my four year journey to its conclusion.

At the moment, this is currently the longest platinum I've done. I wonder what game will take that spot next? GTA V? Maybe someday, but only time will tell.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...