Share one of your favorite Video Game Songs

KaosStrife

*remembers that Disgaea 6 will hit PS after all* -> *revisits prior NIS OSTs* -> *why don't I listen to these more regularly?*

Seriously, a slew of VGM composers ply their trade somewhat unnoticed, but Tenpei Sato might hold the throne, there: Phantom Brave, Witch and the Hundred Knight, and of course, Disgaea series. I began Disgaea with 2 & hot dang does this OST remain poppin'~. The Dark Assembly's theme enters menacingly but quickly slides into an intricate bouncy groove then erupts @ 1:03 into one of the most uplifting tracks around, and the Item World's theme (for a while, my brother's favorite VGM ever) should not be capable of interweaving and vibrating a triad of synthesizers that adroitly...yet it *is*. o.o Those ascending, descending, "staircase" melodies after 2:00? Orgasmic for a keyboardist like me. Lord, music can get intricate. ♪

• Like 4

For so many years, I thought Information Society was "that band that did the Pure Energy song". Only this week did I find out that they were responsible for one of my favorites themes of all time:

(If you don't recognize it, move to about 2:00 or so.)

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 2