What Was Your Last Purchase?

dsluckay

• 3 weeks later...

My first PS2 games in a very long time. I forgot how heavy these fuckers are in comparison to new game releases.
Gonna try to get a NA Xenosaga Episode III, but unfortunately it's worth SO MUCH right now. For now I'll have to pretend to be content with the JP release.

8CNIfsx.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Hori Fighting Stick Alpha ($200)

Finally a licensed arcade stick for the PS5. HFSA is no exception to Hori's usual quality, being made with Hayabusa parts. I tried it with Final Vendetta and was pleased with its performance. There's a decent bit of room to rest your wrists. You can use this on PS4 and PC as well. I recommend it.

If you have to replace the buttons for any reason (such as you'd rather have Sanwa), you won't need a screwdriver. Just flip the latch to open it.

CQlQabL.jpg

IA3wBJi.jpg

I absolutely love this game and since I got it via PS Plus Extra I want to support the developers further so I pre-ordered the PS5 Exclusive Edition physical version and the vinyl soundtrack. The physical edition releases in Q4 this year but for the soundtrack I have to wait until Q1 2023 so it's gonna be a while before I get them.

• Like 3

Weighted dive toys! Just ordered them last night. I finally have regular access to a pool again, and swimming is literally the only exercise or practically movement that I can do since I was injured... and I have so many memories as a kid of looooving playing with those sticks and rings you toss in the pool and dive down to retrieve... so I bought a couple to give them a try again :3 Sure it's 30 years later but meh who cares! ?

Taito Arcade Selection: Egret II mini Limited Blue edition

I dropped $440-ish on this. It includes the cabinet with the trackball/spinner addon (which includes a SD card with 10 games), and some swag including a Zuntata 4 CD set (Taito 70th & Zuntata 35th anniversary) and an arcade strategy book.

I'm pleased with the Egret II mini, but there is a caveat. Taito says the required power source is above 5V/2.4A (12W). Metal Jesus Rocks had crashing issues at first, because his USB power brick didn't provide that sort of power. MJR resolved that by changing to a different PB.

It has a USB jack for power, a HDMI output, and a couple USB ports for alternate controllers. TIL you can use a PlayStation arcade stick on this. You can turn a switch on the unit's bottom to put a 4-way lock on its built-in joystick for games like Qix, Volfied (Qix Neo), and Raimais. If you need to rotate the screen, press on the bezel to pop it out, turn it, then press it back into place.

• Like 3