Project Platinum: General info and leaderboard

xZoneHunter

53 minutes ago, soultaker655 said:

Let's do this for now.

Hello: @Xionx @Dragon-Archon @GarciaFever @jem12345 @Lucas @Shana Alter @SkyesUnholy @Whyfire @dell9300 @Kevvik @zadorvp @A-Brawl3r @Hemiak @HcG Clawz @Ichiban-Hybrid

Do you still wish to be the admin of the PP you run regardless of what changes may or may not happen to PP?

I want to know what changes may happen before I say yes or no to that. I don't want to keep being an admin if all kinds of ridiculous suggestions like this are being put in place:

16 hours ago, LeetWolf2 said:
  • Introduce a vetting process for possible PP admin/owners. We don't want people to abandon the threads like they have been.

I mean... a vetting process? Seriously :dunno:?

16 hours ago, LeetWolf2 said:
  • Limit amount of games included in each thread to 10. Any PP ideas that go beyond that would be rejected immediately.

This is stupid. A series like Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty or Final Fantasy needs a PP as much as any other series and you know those are going to get 10+ games eventually.

or when the ranking system gets a huge change for exactly this reason:

11 minutes ago, jem12345 said:
  1. The ranking system shouldn't be changed. Not only will it annoy the people who care about the leaderboard (yes, scores will change), but everyone will need to change the layout of their PPs, complete with entirely new emblems and moving a bunch of names around. Besides, the gradual climb towards higher ranks is more fun and a lot less daunting than having to jump straight to half of the plats (especially if a PP has a lot of games).

4 minutes ago, HcG Clawz said:

Im on the same boat as Lucas, i want to know what the changes are first. 

And i also think that games in mixed PP bags that have more than 5 games in the serie should be allowed to have its own PP. 

Like how DBZ and Naruto should have their own PPs?

11 minutes ago, HcG Clawz said:

Im on the same boat as Lucas, i want to know what the changes are first. 

And i also think that games in mixed PP bags that have more than 5 games in the serie should be allowed to have its own PP. 

Ugh, not this debate again. For the last time, I'm not taking anything off my PP. Or are you suggesting having games in multiple PPs?

1 hour ago, soultaker655 said:

Hello: @ExHaseo @TheLastSurvivorD @Satoshi Ookami @Boooda @Happy @Gibbo_0113 @Nozomi @colinmazzini

@Neku-tan @Zach @Doctor Doom @Leon Castle @YaoiGod @Tosmasta00 @zajac9999 @Blue Flare @sundrew @jantrick2 @Xeliot @JadedDragos 

Do you still wish to be the admin of the PP you run regardless of what changes may or may not happen to PP?

Yes, I still do.

Let's do this for now.

Hello: @Xionx @Dragon-Archon @GarciaFever @jem12345 @Lucas @Shana Alter @SkyesUnholy @Whyfire @dell9300 @Kevvik @zadorvp @A-Brawl3r @Hemiak @HcG Clawz @Ichiban-Hybrid

Yep, I'm happy to keep maintaining my PP.

Since this thread has gotten quite long, here's my quick summary of what I think has been said over the past few days.

The key reasons PP became more inactive are:

1) There are too many PPs, some of which have owners that do not maintain their threads consistently.

2) Some PPs have too many games, which makes them difficult for admins to update and makes participants unmotivated to move up the ranks.

3) The lack of a leaderboard definitely doesn't help with motivation.

4) Change the points system? This seems to have been resolved though so I won't reference it anymore.

The suggested solutions for each of these, if I'm understanding this thread correctly:

1) Find new PP admins or reduce the number of PPs by establishing more of a "vetting" process.

2) Reduce the required game count for a PP which could allow some mixed-back PPs to split up. 4 game PPs would also be small enough to motivate new participants. 

3) Create a new leaderboard that works or have everyone manually input their scores.

My personal thoughts:

1) I don't actually think the total number of PPs is a problem as I've only chosen to participate in the ones where I have completed a game or where I think I will complete a game soon. It is a problem however when the threads are not updated and the longer it goes on, the less likely it is to be updated given the snowballing amount of work. I think soultaker is taking the right approach by asking admins if they are still interested in maintaining threads and we can reassign them as necessary.

2) I think this is a good idea. Having more, smaller PPs would better motivate participants to move up the ranks for any given PP. The main constraint is going to be finding admins who are willing to keep everything up to date. As long as we can find critical mass of dedicated admins, I like this suggestion.

3) I'm certainly happy to fill in my PP into the new leaderboard (I didn't even realize a sheet for Big Brother had been added) if we decide to go with this option.

Not sure if this has been suggested yet, but can't the whole leaderboard fit onto one sheet? Participant names are rows. Each individual PP is a column. There wouldn't have to be any fancy VLOOKUPs or other sheets this way - just a SUM for every row. It's not particularly pretty and putting it together initially might be a pain but it shouldn't lag.  

Hello: @ExHaseo @TheLastSurvivorD @Satoshi Ookami @Boooda @Happy @Gibbo_0113 @Nozomi @colinmazzini

@Neku-tan @Zach @Doctor Doom @Leon Castle @YaoiGod @Tosmasta00 @zajac9999 @Blue Flare @sundrew @jantrick2 @Xeliot @JadedDragos 

I don't really mind running it.

I want see new rules befor i decide if i keep them. 

I dont care about the 4 or 5 games min to start a PP.

I think ranking system should stay , we talked about this ranking system pretty long when we started PP and it was best and most rewarding system. 

I also think Stacking should stay as an option for admins of a PP .

Im open for new Leaderbord system but the old one was annoying, it took away so much time because of crashes and loading times.

Weekly updates? no way ^_^  . Monthly? is okey as long as you have no one getting nervouse if you havent updated for 1 month and 1 day.

My biggest issue with PP is that it was meant to gather people in a thread that love a series , motivate each other to Plat all games and discuss about the games,  but it turned into threads with long lists. I dont know if there is a solution for that. I tryied by adding a bonus rank for posting Skylander collection picture to make people talk about it and get away from the dry "i have this and this game , add me " list .

I maybe redo the MGS thread , because i created it befor we even had PP rules. But if i dislike the new rules to much, i will close the threads i have.  Right now i will keep them.

Edit: I will keep updating the Master list aswell . So it would be nice when rules changes and your PP list changes to tell me. i will not look up every single PP for it.

Edited by Xionx

2 hours ago, soultaker655 said:

Yes, I still do as it's the first time i'm an admin of anything

3 hours ago, soultaker655 said:

Of course. No matter how it changes, Project Platinum is still something I want to support. (@LeetWolf2, not all of us post when we update)

5 hours ago, Tosmasta00 said:

@soultaker655

Yeah i still wanna since it's the first time i'm an admin of anything.

Also what about PP's that don't have much traffic like mine will they get delisted aswell?

I'll stay admin of mine but I have the same question. I have like three members with absolutely no traffic. It may just be better if you could absorb mine or some of the games into something else. It really isn't doing much. I took over it from someone else just to make sure if anybody was trying it wouldn't die, but it's pretty dead. Do with that information what you will

6 hours ago, Lucas said:

I mean... a vetting process? Seriously :dunno:?

Honestly, I don't know what the process would be like it was just a suggestion. We do need some way of ensuring people don't abandon their threads. There are currently more inactive threads than active ones. I think that's a clear sign something needs to be done about it.

This is stupid. A series like Assassin's Creed, Call of Duty or Final Fantasy needs a PP as much as any other series and you know those are going to get 10+ games eventually.

Yeah, even my own PP breaks that suggestion. Thing is, it was just a suggestion. Not a rule I said should be enforced.

7 hours ago, soultaker655 said:

I don't mind remaining admin I just hope the changes aren't drastic that I have to re-work the whole thread.

Edited by Xeliot

5 hours ago, xZoneHunter said:

After reading through everybody's posts here's my take on everything. (if i forgot something important, then please do say so)

• Number of games in each PP: If we're deciding the reducing the number of games to 4 for each PP, i think we should throw out the Mixed bag PPs completely. Or at least not make any new ones. I also think some of the old mixed bag PPs where there are franchises that qualify for their own PP should be closed and made anew. 
  • Inactive threads: I think the closing of inactive threads is a good idea.
  • Amount of PP threads allowed: This is a difficult point. I agree we should be more picky with what's allowed and what's not. Because let's be honest there are PP threads with only a handful of sign ups and that's something we want to avoid. On the other side i also don't want to deny someone who actually wants to put in the time to make his/hers PP idea. 
  • Genre/dev PPs: I can get behind throwing this rule out of the window. I think the most important part when creating a new PP is to look how well the games fit together. I know @soultaker655 mentioned the choice and consequence PP and i agree with him. Telltale games should have their own PP & David Cage's games should have their own. Mostly because they have their own style and fit really well with each other. 
  • Bonus/black emblems: They should stay. 
  • PP thread discussions: I agree with PP threads needing more than just sign up posts. Personally i'm a big fan of OT threads and it'd be nice to see PP threads function as that. One of the ideas that would help with that is actually provide an OP with info about the games. Screenshots, synopsis, best ways to get into the series and whatnot. A PP admin should also be someone who cares about said franchise and actually wants to talk about the games included. Of course it's hard to put something like that in rules and whatnot, it's more based on the input of the psnp community.
    I'm also a fan of having a non-enforced rule where if someone signs up or wants an update they have to say what they liked/disliked about the game(s) they played.
  • 'Vetting process': To be fair, anyone who has proven him/herself to be an active member should be able to create a PP if they wish to. The # post requirement i had in the beginning seems the best way to enforce something like that. If an PP admin becomes inactive, the thread will be listed as inactive and closed.
  • Top 5/ Top 10: I don't mind updating it every week/ 2 weeks. It didn't take that much time iirc.
  • Leaderboard: I'm not going back to leaderboard 2.1. There are 2 options i'm willing to take, either someone provides or helps me make an automatic sheet @viech54 / @bladesoframen seemed interested. OR we're going with leaderboard 3.0 and make it a lot less automatic. I can probably implement a few functions to make it a bit more automatic than the current 3.0 leaderboard but it'll still require a lot of manual input.
  • Weekly updates: This is ridiculous. I think a max of a month for updates should be a lot more feasible. (in case there actually are new sign ups/updates ofcourse)
  • Do i still want to be admin: Yes. However i'd greatly appreciate help. A lot of people like to talk about ideas but hardly anyone is willing to help me implement them. I'm not pointing fingers, but when i asked about help with the leaderboard - back when it was still relevant - nobody stood up and actually offered help. I love this event and i'm willing to put some effort in it again, but i have my limits.
  • Stacks for platinum rank: Everybody knows i love stacking, but i'm willing to enforce a "no stacks required for platinum" rank rule.

These are, ofcourse, still only my opinions. However, since someone has to take a decision at some point though - these points will reflect on how PP will go further. Not everything is final and a lot of stuff still needs to be worked out so a lot of the points are still open for discussion. I'm always open for feedback as making this a community thing was always something i strived for.

Before i actually start implementing things and rebooting PP i'll probably wait till we have an actual working/functional leaderboard. But i'm really happy to see there's still a lot of interest for PP :D

I'm in complete agreement of swapping out mixed bag PPs for Genre/Dev PPs. As long as the genre doesn't encompass 25+ games by itself, so it doesn't get out of control. I also agree with black and bonus emblems staying but the black emblems need to be more than a "joining the thread" award. People just join and never update, adding to the inactive problem. The vetting process idea wasn't meant to be anything overly complicated or formal. My ideas for it was; is this person active on the forum? Do they have X number of posts? Do they have an overall positive reputation on the forums?. 

In regards to weekly updates, I was basing that on how much traffic my PPs usually get. I have 3 of them and there's usually at least a couple people a week who want to sign up. It takes less than 5 minutes to add them in and let them know I've added them. Of course I wasn't expecting weekly updates for threads that don't need to be updated or for this thread to be updated weekly either. Like I said before, I'm happy to help out maintaining the threads or leaderboard but as long as its not anything too overwhelming.

I'm glad you're still interested in running PP, and I'm genuinely surprised at the amount of responses my original post about inactive threads has gotten so far. I felt like I was the only one who still cared about it. ? Is nice to see so many people still passionate about it.

7 hours ago, soultaker655 said:

Mine can be hijacked