Dragon fin soup creators say can't fix PlayStation versions

Conker

• 2 weeks later...

I'm just amazed at the shitstorm Grimm Bros keeps getting. They're an extremely rare case of a studio that even bother to comment when there was a problem. They openly say they don't even have the source code for the console ports because they didn't do the ports. Then when the porting studio drops the ball Grimm manage to go and actually pick up the code, and repeatedly say their pretty much a two-man team is working on it. The last time that happened was as little as just three weeks ago.

They even have the AMA from two weeks ago anyone in the world could - and can - go and watch to learn about their status and what they're doing. Right there: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/119549004

In comparison, say, Armature dropped the ball and closed Dead Star within a year. People just scattered with little to no fanfare. I guess people do care about this game for all the commentary it's getting, although giving a crapload of negative input and deliberately ignoring the studio when they have news, not sure what kind of a message you guys want to convey. That the juvenile trophy hunters exist to troll and have the attention span of a gold fish? That you shouldn't even bother with fixing a game because your customers only exist to dick around? That you shouldn't go and publish stuff on PS Plus because the people who got it for free, they're the only ones trumping around in reality? Who knows :awesome:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ars said:

That the juvenile trophy hunters exist to troll and have the attention span of a gold fish?

8 hours ago, ars said:

they're the only ones trumping around in reality? Who knows :awesome:

"deliberately ignoring the studio when they have news"? I watched the whole 94 minute video and the only relevant info I gathered can be summed up in seconds:

1)   They had a fight with blitworks but they're going to work together again to patch all three PS versions with the existing codebase.

1a) They're scrapping the refactor/recode, for all the good it did us.

2)   Fixing bugs and hopefully sharing the PC improvements too this year. Not clear if at the same time or bugfixes earlier.

2a) Vita seems to be first priority even though/because it's the hardest.

Meanwhile you feel the need to rhetorically call us all trolls while yourself openly trolling. That was the really useful post we have been waiting 15 months for.

:awesome:

• 4 weeks later...

I was an original kickstarter backer for this and then it came out on PSPlus for free, so I was doubly keen to see it working but I've pretty much given up hope of a fix by now.  Not sure if things have changed with Sony, but I remember the infamous corrupt save issue on Brutal Legend.  Double Fine had a ready fix for it, but  it never got deployed because the publisher didn't want to pay the certification fee to get the patch deployed.  So not only do they have to fix a broken port, but likely also pay Sony for testing and deployment before any patch can go out.

There's not really anything there for the devs if they keep working on this other than more costs, gamers have moved on to other games and/or already got it free as part of PSPlus.

The game seemed pretty fun (although the UI sucked) and I've love to see it repaired and platinumable, but...yeah.

Edited by bondimonkey

Sony hasn't charged patch fees from indies or digital titles since at least 2013. Doesn't change the fact doing recodes on a title which was already financed and released commonly means the dev is basically working without pay on it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So, I've been reading this thread and I think it's safe to assume there has never been a patch for the game to fix the trophies. 

However, there is a person with platinum/100% - apparently since July:

https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/4029-dragon-fin-soup 

They're either a hacker or found some super secret method to get the platinum :P I think the first possibility is more likely. Unfortunately, I can't flag them as I did not play the game. 

Edited by Izul

• 2 months later...
On 9/1/2017 at 8:22 PM, Such-A-Goonie said:

Just hide the game if you've already started it. It's abandoned. The official forums are a graveyard filled with spambots, there's no news on the patch that was supposed to come out, no news about the new version of the game that was supposed to come out. It's dead.

The link is completely broken now. 

The devs site hasn't been updated in a long time (looking at it, it seems that it probably wasn't updated since release of the game).

Screw Grimm Bros. Con artists...

EDIT: Sorry for the bump for those who might think I had good news to bear. It just pisses me off.

Edited by starcrunch061

1 hour ago, starcrunch061 said:

Sorry for the bump for those who might think I had good news to bear. It just pisses me off.

damn you!! :shakefist:

i was lucky that i got this free with plus but due to the game being a mess i never bothered to play it. 
i wont be supporting them with any future games.

21 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

No, personally. But a lot of people gave the devs a pass because of their (weak) claim that there was nothing they could do for this game. Looking at their site now, I would say they took their PS+ money and ran. 

Crunchy as stardust strikes again :P haha. It's really a shame that the game turned out to be the way it did, was actually a fun game. I stopped playing midway through the campaign because my save got corrupted, waited for the late 2015 update that promised corrupted saves to be back and nothing.  Let's celebrate 2018 by letting the thread rest in peace alongside the game and the developers, sadly it's a lost cause, no point in keeping on life support. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mah2c said:

Crunchy as stardust strikes again :P haha. It's really a shame that the game turned out to be the way it did, was actually a fun game. I stopped playing midway through the campaign because my save got corrupted, waited for the late 2015 update that promised corrupted saves to be back and nothing.  Let's celebrate 2018 by letting the thread rest in peace alongside the game and the developers, sadly it's a lost cause, no point in keeping on life support. 

Agreed. But I'll beat them up here over the last month of 2017.

I couldn't even get out of the first time. the game crashed on me 4 times there, and I finally said screw it.

• 1 month later...

It's a lost cause guys.

The only thing we can do at this point is try to get Sony to remove this game from the store. Solbrain got removed because it turned out to be a complete piece of shit that ripped off other games.

I don't understand selling games that nobody can legitimately platinum or 100 percent. Server shutdowns are completely fine, at least people had time to earn the trophies.

Here it's basically a game that never got patched, and since nobody can really get those glitched trophies it's a complete waste of time.