Proudest platinum of 2016?

PipeSwinger

I got a few plats I'm pretty happy with this year, but for me, I'd have to say Yakuza 3 is the platinum I'm most proud of. It was quite a large time investment and it took some skill to pull off. Getting good at all of the minigames was no joke. I distinctly remember taping something to my screen to act as a targeting reticle for one of them. :lol: I also had a lot of fun going for the plat because of how awesome the game is. I'll definitely be aiming for the Yakuza 4 plat in 2017.

1L2f326d.png

• Like 4

It would have to be Disgaea 3: Absense of Detention from the beginning of this year. It wasn't overly difficult when broken down step by step, but it was overwhelming for being my first Disgaea game and it took 100 hours to achieve. Plus it's one of my rarest plats so I'm proud enough of it.

Edited by Jay_Cash
  • Like 1

My proudest plat? hmmm I'd say this one

1L99231e.png

Which is the plat from Deception 4 The Nightmare Princess acording to PSNP (https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/3749-deception-iv-the-nightmare-princess) only 7 people have this plat. I even made a youtube video guide but seems like no one uses it lol.

Some other noteworthy plats this year are

Arcana Heart 3 Love Max

Demon's Souls

Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xx-KingOFDark-xX said:

Well. it was a slow year for me regarding trophy hunting but I managed to complete 4 games that are considered too difficult or really time consuming. 

Despite that I did get one of my proudest platinum of all time and of this year. 

Which is Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition. 

1L21da88.png

Devils Never Cry 
Acquire all trophies.

I usually won't go for time consuming games, and prefer those that are challenging instead of "put a 100 hours in it and you'll get the platinum". 

But people kept telling me you can't get it. It's too difficult, needs a lot of time or there only 700 people who got it (at the time). 

So it was summer & I wanted to prove them wrong. =) 

Goncratz! It's allways sweet to prove how wrong can people be :D

• Like 1

Not just for the platinum, but also for 100% completion, Mortal Kombat X would top my list of 41 platinums in 2016. Getting 10 consecutive online ranked wins coupled with the overall grind made this one to remember. 

My runner up happened to be my favorite game of 2016 and still sports a platinum rarity of under 1 percent. That was 7 Days to Die. 

image.png

image.png

My proudest platinum has to be   L27ccab.png

1Lc720ae.png All Trophies

It was a new type of game for me and a hard plat. Their are other plats i have that i am proud of but this is something special. The platinum trophy is 1.38% Ultra Rare.  If you have this platinum then give yourself a pat on the back. I am currently the 13th fastest achiever out of 50 and for the other 49 players who are on there  I tip my hat to you.

Edited by marvelboy10
  • Like 1

Not sure, a lot of the platinums I've earned this year have been fairly easy, truth be told. I guess I'd say the Witness, simply because I didn't use a guide for that game (except for a couple of moments where I got genuinely stuck), and I got the game after that exploit with that "certain challenge" had been patched, so I had to run through it several times before I got it, probably took a good hour or two.

Enjoyable puzzle game though, if a tad frustrating at times.

58 minutes ago, diabolica1989 said:

Considering what games you have completed, i tought you was just saving it for plat rain day :P

Well, I'm saving for 250th, but I've barely platted anything this year in comparison to my other years. It has been a pretty shitty gaming year to me. I'm about to finish cotton alley dark too, just not focusing too much atm because of the guide i'm writing.

• Like 2