Proudest platinum of 2016?

PipeSwinger

METAL GEAR SOLID 4

1Lbc5af8.png

The Legendary Hero

Obtained all trophies.

Finally knuckled down to this game after owning it for 8 years, playing it numerous times before the trophy patch, and holding off on it until it could

become my 100th platinum.  Extremely proud of finally nailing this one.

• Like 4

I only had 13 platinums in 2016, so I will have to say the platinum for Atelier Meruru Plus takes the prize.

1L319535.png

This was by far my most difficult platinum of the year, so I guess it only makes sense to call it my proudest. I had never played any of these games, and I guess I picked the wrong one to start with. It took me a few months to even figure out what I was doing, and I finally got the hang of it. I had the best everything I could make at the time, and even beat one of the hardest bosses in the game. Then came the original Meruru DLC optional now mandatory super bosses. Even with the best equipment, they totally destroyed me. No matter what I did I could never beat the first one to have a shot to get some ingredients to make potential game breaking equipment. I was ready to give up and accept the fact that I was never going to platinum this game. I kept at it and it was such a relieving feeling when I first beat him. To my dismay all the bosses respawn when you leave, but I knew I could finally win although probably not every time, and I was finally able to beat all those bosses for the platinum.

16 minutes ago, Caldor2K2 said:

I only had 13 platinums in 2016, so I will have to say the platinum for Atelier Meruru Plus takes the prize.

1L319535.png

This was by far my most difficult platinum of the year, so I guess it only makes sense to call it my proudest. I had never played any of these games, and I guess I picked the wrong one to start with. It took me a few months to even figure out what I was doing, and I finally got the hang of it. I had the best everything I could make at the time, and even beat one of the hardest bosses in the game. Then came the original Meruru DLC optional now mandatory super bosses. Even with the best equipment, they totally destroyed me. No matter what I did I could never beat the first one to have a shot to get some ingredients to make potential game breaking equipment. I was ready to give up and accept the fact that I was never going to platinum this game. I kept at it and it was such a relieving feeling when I first beat him. To my dismay all the bosses respawn when you leave, but I knew I could finally win although probably not every time, and I was finally able to beat all those bosses for the platinum.

You should try the previous two Atelier games, Rorona and Totori, they're really good :)

I can't decide between Gran Turismo 6 or Skyrim (PS3), so I'll go for both equally. 

Gran Turismo 6 because I'm terrible at racing games and driving in general so GT took a lot of persistence to plat. Especially the S-Class licence tests, the amount of times I posted laps just milliseconds off the target time for a gold medal on tests four and five :lol: I'm not sure if I gained any sort of skill in the end, or if I simply tried so many times that eventually I got lucky. 

And Skyrim, again for the persistence. I stupidly decided to start going for the plat on a 1300 hour savefile, got some ways into it then found it'd be impossible because I'd murdered the Dark Brotherhoods leader and sold my Thieves Guild armour. I cleared those two of their respective trophies the next time round, then started on the Daedric Artifact quests, got 14 out of 15 and...discovered the quest giver for my final quest (Hulda) had died :facepalm: Finally got it on the third attempt. 

Despite the endless fails on both games, I didn't mind. I thoroughly enjoyed every second I played them, which is why I went for the platinums in the first place. 

• Like 1

To me BioShock 2 and Grid 2, both were hard to be unlocked because of the multiplayer, on BioShock 2 were very few player when I was on the road to the platinum, and a lot of the players I from that moment were cheaters, they appeared and disappeared, or when you took them by surprise, at the first attack, you appears on a different place, or the game became slow when you are in an advantage zone, between others; about Grid 2, the rivals respective trophy was a pain, and when I asked here, certain moderator locked vilely my post that I made to know if I could find some players that were looking for that trophy and/or the other online trophies that will play at the same hour I use to play the game and then proceed to create the gaming session, but that person locked it even when I tried to explain it and want his explanation, that was the second time he did it (He was Stevieboy), that made me feel very angry, because I was asking for a help, I wasn't doing bad use from it or making a game session (as he said), but that guy was only blocking the chance to find a help, fortunately, I could find a help time later via PSN, but that give me a question, what does this page serves if a moderator like Stevieboy locks your posts vilely?.

Getting back to the theme from this post, BioShock 2 and Grid 2 were my proudest platinums because I could unlock them after a long time, I hope to try too TR Platinum this year

Edited by Zeitgeist-9

Definitely this:

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

1L1907a5.png

Perfectionist
Awarded all trophies.

I spent 3 months playing through this and had a blast! KOA is definitely one of the best open world RPGs that I've played so far and its a shame that its developer went under.

In a very close second:

Assassin's Creed Liberation HD

1L5f9436.png

Platinum Trophy
Collect all other 30 Trophies for this Trophy

The game was ok but nothing phenomenal. For me, it's more about this being my 50th platinum,1st in the Assassin's Creed series, and I got it on Christmas! :D

Edited by merciful84

Guitar Hero Live

Under 1% of the people on the site have it unlocked, so it is a really rare one. It also took ages to get, but well worth it. I've always enjoyed the rhythm games, but doing the 1 million strums was almost too much. There are crashes now that might wipe your progress on it, so good luck to anyone that still wants to go for it! Thankfully for me that crash hit me when I already got the trophy...

Out of the platinum trophies I obtained in 2016 I would have to say that there are two which I am very proud of:

:platinum: (Demon Souls)

1L887f31.png

The first would have to be Demon Souls. This is a game that I had so much fun playing and working towards to the platinum. A majority of the time I kept getting my ass kicked by the enemies leading up to the bosses and black phantoms as opposed to the bosses themselves. Overall, it was a fun and somewhat challenging game. There are people that have opinions that "this is a very hard game" or "this is a very easy game", and if they find it that way then that is fine, however, I am proud of this platinum. Especially since I got lucky to get the Pure Bladestone in only a few hours as opposed to people complaining that it took them days and weeks and still haven't found the Pure Bladestone. The grind for it was totally worth for the platinum.

:platinum: (Samurai Warriors 4)

1Lf09f18.png

The second would have to be Samurai Warriors 4. This is probably not a very popular game in the western world, but it one of my favourite titles (along with Dynasty Warriors). The first 50-60 hours of this game can be very fun but it will fall off towards the end when you just have to obtain cleanup trophies like unlocking all objectives and playing as every available officer, which becomes boring, but nonetheless, I made the grind and obtained the platinum. The grind is  hard and one that requires you to push through because it can get really boring repeating the same battle(s) over and over trying to get 100% in this game. At the end of the day, I really enjoyed the game and am proud that I stuck through to the end and achieved the platinum trophy.

My proudest Platinum of 2016 is Adventures of Mana, since it was Platinum 100. A huge thank-you to Square Enix for making a 36-year-old man feel like an 11-year-old boy all over again. A game that held a special place in my heart as Final Fantasy Adventure in 1991, it holds an even bigger place now as Platinum 100.

A close second is Don Bradman Cricket 14 (PS3). Second in rarity (2.83%) only to my MLB 14 The Show (PS3) Platinum (2.79), it has only 44 achievers. Only 8 of them are American.

• Like 1

Dark Souls. Who was the first Platinum of the year. Decided to start from scratch and from the NG+ forwards a malfunction on R3 turned the campaign upside-down. But i managed, what a ride that was. 

For second, would say J-Stars Victory Vs+. Fun game and too much grinding on Victory Road mode