... Become the Master Trophy Help

nate_drake117

Just as an alternative idea/tip:

nearly all guides rely on one form or another on rocket launchers and extensive grenade use - I did it with one grenade and only EVA (the auto shotgun)

Start as usual jump the first right wall close, jump again to the same wall to build speed and wait to wallrun past the right turn, then jump across (ignore pillar in the middle) and late second jump to reach the opposite wall roughly a bit higher than enemies (take them all out with the shotgun). Now best case is that you are pretty much level with the platform where you need to slide so you can double jump ahead (carry lots of speed) and still see where the enemies are and where you are going after the slide. Slide, shoot one guy left go for the wall run on the right and shoot the other three.

Use the only grenade for the 3 in the corridor (aim chest high for the wall on the right) and reload shotgun (you have time and it doesn't slow you down) in the next corridor pick off the three enemies and keep single jumping left and right to build speed (you can even overtake the ghost here if you are behind)

Stick to the right wall then follow the 3rd best time ghost (jump across just before the dip in the other

wall is) touch the wall, jump forward (don't wallrun into the dip/crevice it can launch you towards the middle of the room or just slow you down when aiming) take out the last two targets and late second jump to run along the left wall under the blocking rocks to the finish.

Even landing a bit short and sprinting at the end I got it around 33.50 and I found relying on the shotgun rather than precise grenades or RPG's a lot easier if you have decent aim. You could do as good as 33.00 the hardest part is shooting the last two.

I used Grenade launcher, single Grenade at start and Auto Shotty.

The run isn't as hard as most people think it it is, it's less about what weapons you use though and more about knowing how to keep momentum in the game and planning a course.

Really recommend going for this after completing the story and try to use wallrun/shooting combos as much as you can in the story for practice for the gauntlet. The thing is with wallruning in this game you get a declining boost so you start fast then get slower as you proceed along the same wall. You should be no longer them 2-3 seconds on each wall typically before jumping to another. Also try not to use double jumps unless you really have to as the way the game works with momentum once you jump in a direction you automatically get forced that direction kinda (even aiming slows down some) making it actually harder to gain control back quickly for landing. The final stretch/enemy is usually an exception to the no double jump rule as it's usually possible to double jump shoot the enemy and go over the pillar to land in the gate as a last ditch effort to shave a second to milliseconds off your time if needed.

For aiming memorize the layout of the gauntlet and have your weapons pre-aimed for when you jump/land to shoot the next target enemies.

I almost didn't platinum this one because of this trophy. I lost momentum on every single good run I had to the point that my blood pressure couldn't handle it anymore. But after a few breaks, I finally got it .5 faster than the 3rd place spot.

I used the launcher, EVA and Arc grenades.

If you can master the momentum, you can easily get the trophy. But I blew it every single time.

My only true advice is don't give up. It's such a good feeling when it finally pops.

• Like 2

It's not that bad at all, I just started the game yesterday, I barely had 2 hours of experience playing the game and managed to do it.

I think I did a fairly easy route:

And I obviously messed up my speed wall running at the end. I'm pretty sure I could get a 30s run with a few hours of practice, but the trophy itself is fine, just focus on finding a route that you feel comfortable with and keeping your speed for as long as you can, there's definitely margin for error.

• Like 1

In many of these videos it doesn't look like the player is cooking their grenades and they're just exploding on impact, but mine seem to have a much longer delay before exploding after they've landed, greatly decreasing their accuracy. Am i missing something? I'm using the ARC grenades.

• Like 1

I got this trophy entirely on my own and without using auto-sprint, because I wanted to know exactly how challenging this trophy is, especially in comparison to a similar trophy from another first person shooter. Took me about an hour and a half, after coming to the realization that moving through the air is actually faster than wall-running. I took wall running way too seriously because of the in-game tip that tells you it's faster than running on ground. After seeing the km/h's results having consistently higher numbers moving through air, it became clear what I had to start doing.

My main issue was the last area with the two dummies. Had to experiment a lot with how to maintain momentum for the entire area, since it was larger than any section before it.

My build was the same seen in the videos. Picking the shotgun was just second nature, because it's been my favorite gun type in shooters since like 2008-9 (Killzone 2+, Call of Duty World at World+, etc). The emp(?) grenade is my second favorite grenade from the campaign and only one of two available for this challenge, so that was simple. It was especially simple when I tested out both grenade types to see which would be more effective.

Trophy shouldn't be a bronze, though, especially since I consider it slightly harder than "Best of the Best" from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Remastered.

Edited by EcoShifter

It's not that hard. First you have to practice only the wallrun, don't try killing any target cuz you'll get frustrated when you miss any and probably you'll reset, just practice until you manage to do it under 34 seconds...the hard part for me was the last room cuz i didn't know what i've been doing wrong but apparently i watched a bad tutorial. When you are confident with your path try killing the target until you get it... A tip that would have helped me is that the best way to nail the grande kills is to aim at one of the tatgets, trying to throw a grenade in the middle of them doesn't work so well... Took me 1h to get the right path because I watched the wrong tutorial, and another 20 mins to practice with targets. Good luck

Edited by FreakingPear

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah that one sucks ☹️

The best thing to do is watch some speed runners or guides, study their routes, and pick one that suits you best. Then practice it over and over again until you hit that perfect run. It will likely take a few hours but you’ll get there.

Also check out Stay-Pationt’s channel because I remember he had in depth guides on several completely different methods. Maybe you’ll find one that works for you.

Good luck sir!

• Like 2

Go get the grenade launcher from the last area first, then use that and shotgun. The grenades I found to be abit of rng them throwing, sometimes itd kill all 3 sometimes itd only hit one., youd alsl besurprised at how far the shotgun can map enemies. Also as @dieselmanchild said, practice makes perfect. Took me about an hour before I for frustrated with it so I took an hour break then smashed it on my 2nd try back.

I used StayPationt's guides for this.

The first video is mainly for reference so you have an idea on what you can do. The second one is the one that helped me out in the end because he includes a couple trick jumps you can do that shaves off a second or two. With that you should get it with some more practice.

Here is how i did it just keep at it you can do it too!

grenade the 1st group of 3 guys then grenade just beneath the wall/gap to get the next guy.

Shotgun the following 3 guys , then grenade the group of 3.

Adjust carefully on your wall jumps and shotgun the next 5.

Good luck!

25 minutes ago, BEAST_IHMOTEP said:

I'm also working on it atm. Isn't 9% platinum rarity a bit up considering the difficulty of this trophy and the fact that this game was given with PS Plus?

And this comes from someone who beat Challenge 6 in Vanquish.

Well, you'll often see Share Play sessions up for it.. I found it to be pretty difficult, too. But with enough practice, it can be done.

For weapons most people use shotty, grenade launcher and grenades. Besides that watch a couple videos try to plan a route around that. Three best tips for this are

1. constantly use the walls to jump from wall run into another (you should be no longer then 2-3 seconds between jumps or you will severely decrease in speed).

2. Pre-aim your aiming reticle before wallrun jumping onto where the next target will be. (This one will take some heavy memorization but it's important. Most people don't realize it but jumping out from a wall run locks/slows your aiming reticle for a second or so, it move with towards the direction jumped. This can throw off an otherwise near perfect run by making you mis a grenade throw or have a shot not do it's full damage otherwise.)

3. If you need to shave just milliseconds to a second off your time. It's possible in the final room to wall run jump towards the last enemy on the pillar as you shoot it do a second jump, this should clear you for a headshot (do not use a grenade or launcher or you risk injuring yourself and slowing you down instead) and as bring youself over its pillar going towards the finish line then slide as soon as you hit ground making it through.

Nice job getting it done!

I remember this one being a good challenge for me. Got the game late November of 2016 and I seen how difficult it was for many people, so it was the first thing I wanted to finish so I wouldn't have to stress about it later on. It took 3 hours to do it.

Edited by Ghost