Xbox Achievement Upgrade 1-Up's PS4 Tracking

BIOHAZARD-R-US

Trophy lists on PS4 were upgraded from the PS3 with the addition of Rarity % Tracking, allowing you to see exactly how many % of a game's owners have earned each individual trophy. Currently the % number is available in what is considered to be a 1 decimal number, ie. 16.2% of 71.8%. Xbox One users are seeing a new update has begun rolling out today, and the update has to do with the Achievement system. Xbox One users can now see Achievement rarities calculated in a 2 decimal number now, ie. 16.17% or 71.82%.

Would you like to see PS4 get a feature like this? PSNP already uses a 2 decimal rarity % statistic.

Source: http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/xbox-one-achievements-are-getting-an-upgrade/

Microsoft: What's one way the Xbox can be ahead of the PS4. Employee: You know how Sony has the average rarity per player on the PS4 at one decimal. Microsoft: Yes we are aware. Employee: Well why don't we do the same thing but use 2 decimals instead of one. Microsoft: That's genius. This is what I picture happened at their headquarters.

Edited by marvelboy10
  • Like 3

I sure wish we could ask the 98% of PlayStation gamers who aren't members of this site and don't give a rats ass if they'd rather know that some digital image some other people downloaded on their console shows 2.14% instead of 2.1%, like on their system. 

Can someone here make a kids react to this important issue?!?!

I could give a shit less about the percentages, but I think what Xbox does with tracking in general is so much better. 

I load up the chivos for a game right, and it will say how long I've spent playing it, how many multiplayer games I've played, how many kills, etc. and it will compare them automatically with any friends of mine that have the game. That shit is cool honestly, and I'd dig it if PlayStation got it too, since I play there the most.

• Like 1

Honestly, I don't pay any attention to the rarity from PlayStation themselves, so it doesn't really bother me how specific it is. I assume since this site counts two decimal place, it would be pretty easy for PlayStation to implement this if they wanted to since they already have the data there. Even if they did, I still wouldn't use it. There are more interesting things they could implement to the trophy system such as a trophy progress tracker, similar to the one on Xbone. Now that would be useful.

2 hours ago, BIOHAZARD-R-US said:

Trophy lists on PS4 were upgraded from the PS3 with the addition of Rarity % Tracking, allowing you to see exactly how many % of a game's owners have earned each individual trophy. Currently the % number is available in what is considered to be a 1 decimal number, ie. 16.2% of 71.8%. Xbox One users are seeing a new update has begun rolling out today, and the update has to do with the Achievement system. Xbox One users can now see Achievement rarities calculated in a 2 decimal number now, ie. 16.17% or 71.82%.

Would you like to see PS4 get a feature like this? PSNP already uses a 2 decimal rarity % statistic.

Source: http://www.egmnow.com/articles/news/xbox-one-achievements-are-getting-an-upgrade/

Dude the way you worded this is making me laugh I really thought it was going to be a fancy feature.

To answer your question though, I guess its handy to see to more decimal places. I'd rather have numbers of owners though, as would give us a clue on game popularity, I doubt we'll get it though as we rarely get proper games sales figures.

10 minutes ago, AJC3317 said:

the thing that the xbox has that i really want sony to copy is their achievement tracking system, i.e when you need, say, 40 of something the xbox will tell you how many of those 40 you've collected. that would be very useful

Oh yeah, that too.

It's great. First example that springs to mind is Amazing Spider-Man 2, one of the few games I bothered to 100% again on Xbox. Playing through that and there's several trophies that require X amount of something like knock out 50 dudes silently. You play along and it's like "You've done 25% of this" and you can easily figure that means you've done 12 guys and you've got 38 to go. Helps a lot more than you'd assume honestly.

2 hours ago, AJC3317 said:

the thing that the xbox has that i really want sony to copy is their achievement tracking system, i.e when you need, say, 40 of something the xbox will tell you how many of those 40 you've collected. that would be very useful

Yeah this, I find this more useful than any percentage addition. Steam does this too.

6 hours ago, marvelboy10 said:

Microsoft: What's one way the Xbox can be ahead of the PS4. Employee: You know how Sony has the average rarity per player on the PS4 at one decimal. Microsoft: Yes we are aware. Employee: Well why don't we do the same thing but use 2 decimals instead of one. Microsoft: That's genius. This is what I picture happened at their headquarters.

One of my favorite comments from this thread for sure :D

But on topic,

I think it's kind of pointless for them to move to the two decimal system, but like many others said, it would be nice to have a progress meter towards trophies that require a certain objective to be created "x" amount of times or collect so many objects

Edited by TristanBrown17

-_-

Why doesn't Xbone just find a way to know how many games you have 100%? I get that they have it where it just shows how many total points you have, but in my pinion, it makes it sounds like I can somehow use those points to buy shit from Walmart for free.

Edited by GarciaFever