god the multiplayer!!!

edit: having now got the plat, i see the key is grinding at the start so you can get the skills that will help, and then to stay with team mates and when they get attacked you jump in. also, run to the opponents if you sense them, hide, and tip toe around and get them. 100% risk missions that are best is reviver lvl 1 + 2, and gifts lvl 1+2+3 - note to self when playing the ps3 version :)

-

before, i was whiny and said this...

- you never get the map you want
- you can never get a down
- the other players are like professionals with 3 digit numbers next their frikkin name. do they play this all day??
- it takes forever for me to shoot someone down but for them it takes no time at all
- it takes forever for me to aim but to them it's a split second
- the game says its a 'matchmaker' but always groups you up against bloody professionals.
- have not got a single down in the last 3 hours. NOT ONE!!
- their aiming is perfect, they dont have to stand and aim whereas i have to otherwise i miss
- it takes forever to find them but they find you in no time

- getting 5 downs on a map for a trophy is fucking impossible

I FUCKING HATE MULTIPLAYER!!! they should never make mp trophies again. i absolutely hate this!! and i am sure i'm not the only one

Edited by rockstarjazz
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, rockstarjazz said:

- the other players are like professionals with 3 digit numbers next their frikkin name. do they play this all day??
- it takes forever for me to shoot someone down but for them it takes no time at all
- the game says its a 'matchmaker' but always groups you up against bloody professionals.
- their aiming is perfect, they dont have to stand and aim whereas i have to otherwise i miss

I FUCKING HATE MULTIPLAYER!!! they should never make mp trophies again. i absolutely hate this!! and i am sure i'm not the only one

Small tip, set up classes better so you can more easily gain the requirements for each day. Honestly I think the MP is great, really enjoy the skill level it takes to be good; while it also isn't that difficult once you get a bit of knowledge and experience. Keep at it.

• Like 1

Shame you're not enjoying it. I felt the same when I first dipped into it. I suck at PVP but I absolutely loved the MP for this game and I had a blast going for the online trophies, once I got the hang of it....it did take quite a bit of practice though. Didn't feel like a grind at all, even though it pretty much took me a few weeks once I got sucked in. It's always in the back of my mind to reinstall this game when I have some spare HD space so I can jump back into the MP.

I played and platted this last year and I gotta say it's one of the best mp's I've ever played, I don't know why you're having so many problems but if you learn how to effectively go through the maps and do missions you'll finish the mp much faster legit than boosting.

5 minutes ago, HardXDXtraga said:

I played and platted this last year and I gotta say it's one of the best mp's I've ever played, I don't know why you're having so many problems but if you learn how to effectively go through the maps and do missions you'll finish the mp much faster legit than boosting.

Actually, boosting interrogation is way faster than playing legit, you can win each match in 2-3 minutes, and the fast win bonus nets you over 1,400 parts each match

Edited by SnowxSakura

I'm usually not a big fan of MP's either, but TLOU had one of the best one's I've ever played. Gladly did it for both Platinums.

I was actually quite decent and pretty often made about 8-12 out of the 20 possible kills in this one standard mode (forgot the name) :)

Thanks for the reminder - gotta go back and check the MP again in the next days :D

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

That's why we have gaming sessions.  Set up a lobby with boosters only. 

You should play Need for Speed 2015.

We literally wasted yesterday two hours just to set up our lobby.

1 out of 8 people got that bronze trophy we wanted to boost.

Why? Because always someone gets disconnected, and when people are not accepting invites fast enough, like instantly, the game is filling the CREW (!!!) up with random gamers. Even though the host set the CREW to "invite only".

Edited by Neputyunu

46 minutes ago, rockstarjazz said:

- Most games let you choose between two maps, before you start each round

- You can actually get a down or more if you learn how to play smart and with some strategy

- I am 441 level, because i play this game since release and really like it to the point my goal is to get better

- Every weapon can down an enemy in different ways, for example 1 headshot from bow or sniper, but two body shots

- Find weapons that suit your playstyle, every weapon/perk is different

- The matchmaking systems has it's flaws, you're kinda right about this

- Adjust your style based on weapon/perks you use and of course on the map you play

- If you run you show yourself on the map, so you're an easy target for an experienced player,

don't rush, stick with your team or if you feel confident enough go lone wolf, don't go in the open

- You'll get there...practise and patience

I F***ING LOVE THE MULTIPLAYER!!! They did a good job with the mp trophies in this game. Check some other games' mp trophies to get an idea what a hard trophy is about.

And lastly some questions:

1) What level are you?

2) How much have you played the game?

3) And most importantly what loadouts do you use?

-

• Like 1

Well, even when I'm not a TLOU fan I have to say that this is a great MP, and as its mode says it's MULTIPLAYER, this is not I can do all by myself.

Besides of that, as you said the matchmaking is not the best.

I'm not a multiplayer gamer that's why I didn't get the trophies, as a casual mp gamer you're doomed here, teamwork is key. 

Edited by GoldenShaka

1 hour ago, rockstarjazz said:

- The map rotation system is actually flawed (Unlike U4 though, at least you can vote for map.).

- Other players aren't necessarily always good ("pros") when you're having troubles. The in-game-locked-pay-to-win weapons (especially the Tactical Shotgun) are actually OP and are superior to the base game weapons.

- The Matchmaking/team balancing (as far as Lone wolf mode/no party mode) is also broken. Simply put, you want to exit lobbies after most games, especially after 2-3 games with the same 2-3 teammates.

- As for the aiming, more skilled players use muscle memory with the camera to line up the cursor before aiming so that when they take actual aim, you're either on their aim cursor or close to it. (Actually is a mechanic in U4's MP.)

Edited by Mar

Mate look at what you're playing. It's a forced, pay to win multiplayer from a game that should have been strictly single player. Those are one of the most cancerous things in gaming. Should have invested the funds for this into a good co-op or more singleplayer but microtransactions are quick and easy money with little to no effort. My advice? If you are not enjoying this, don't bother playing. Screw the online trophies, it's not worth the hassle. Don't support such a greedy concept. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, rockstarjazz said:

The multiplayer is not bad, you just have to be smart and not suicidal type like : "hey I'm here shoot me" isn't how this multiplayer works...
It's necessary to play as a team, I'm not a big player of this multiplayer and together with my team we have managed to dominate many players.. Good players try to learn from mistakes and not complain about this and about that..

• Like 1

what they should do if they are going to include mp trophies in TLOU2...

- have co-op missions. lots of them. these i love to do because its teamwork and problem solving and story related (i had fun doing co-op on GTA:O)

- more selection of maps at the start

- better matchmaking, maybe have options where we can be grouped with people at the same level or have different classes like beginners, experts etc

- dont make the trophies a damn grind to get

i have one map left and i wonder if it'll be 100 years until i get it. then i will focus on the firefly/hunter trophies. i might have to stick to revives and gifts for that as i can't score a kill if my life depended on it. i am in the middle of week 11 upon starting this on saturday - while am glad its nearly over it bums me i have to go through another journey for the other faction's trophy.

i am playing the ps4, i dread to think how i can get the ps3 map trophies (downs and without dying? GTFO) - would need boosting but that would be a pain to get organised!

Edited by rockstarjazz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Neputyunu said:

You should play Need for Speed 2015.

We literally wasted yesterday two hours just to set up our lobby.

1 out of 8 people got that bronze trophy we wanted to boost.

Why? Because always someone gets disconnected, and when people are not accepting invites fast enough, like instantly, the game is filling the CREW (!!!) up with random gamers. Even though the host set the CREW to "invite only".

I'm playing Bad Company and it's a 9 year old game, we have over 24 boosters right now :) 

People need better internet connections, that much is true. 

1 minute ago, DARKB1KE said:

I'm playing Bad Company and it's a 9 year old game, we have over 24 boosters right now :) 

People need better internet connections, that much is true. 

Nah, the NFS servers suck. You occasionally will get warnings like "Bad connection to EA servers. The game will be unplayable." while playing "alone".

And my internet isn't the problem. :awesome: 

6108716209.png

(oh wow... it's at the moment better than I thought!)

We are more than 8 for this boosting session, but, as said, the servers suck and the game is filling up the "invite only" crew with randoms when you are not instantly accepting the invite.

• Like 1

lol n00b OP..

having now got the plat, i see the key is grinding at the start so you can get the skills that will help, and then to stay with team mates and when they get attacked you jump in. also, run to the opponents if you sense them, hide, and tip toe around and get them. 100% risk missions that are best is reviver lvl 1 + 2, and gifts lvl 1+2+3 - note to self when playing the ps3 version

• Like 1