Your Game Of The Year 2012

Razza

For me... Journey, without a doubt. It was beautiful, simplistic, and the anonymous co-op was more effective at making me feel connected to my ally than any voice chat or messaging has. It has a simple story that can be interpreted as you see it, gorgeous graphics and simple controls that never feel boring. Plus the ending was enough to bring a lump to my throat.

Journey is my Game of the Year 2012.

I'm going to have to say Sleeping Dogs for me, I guess you could I'm slightly biased because I love open-world/sandbox type games, but the combat system was so much fun, tons of optional things, and an excellent story as well, most open-world/sandbox style games suffer with a crappy story. (Assassin's Creed being an exception.)

• Like 1

Gran Turismo 5 (yeah, I know it came out in 2010, but it's still my most played game in 2012), The Walking Dead, Sleeping Dogs and Journey (played it at a buddies, not on my account) all get my vote. I can't choose just one as they're all fantastic and should be played by fans of video games.

Parker

- Uncharted: Golden Abyss

It's a must have for anyone with a Vita. Graphics look amazing and gameplay flows very well. It's my first Uncharted game and it definitely has my interest in the rest of the series. U:GA uses everything the Vita gives you. The touch screen is perfect for climbing. It's free on PS+ right now so go download it!

- Silent Hill: Downpour

The story was kinda meh, but the setting looked beautiful. I loved the overgrown grass, the cracked and wet streets, the rain etc.. I also liked how you could enter some of the homes and look through some of the vehicles for items. As a Silent Hill fan, I'd say that it is a game that horror fans should look into. This game has a lot of side quests that I would say is better than the main story. :P Downpour has really great endings and has the best final boss that I've ever fought in a Silent Hill game. Only flaws is the story and the enemies. The enemies don't look like your typical nightmare fuel monsters from the first 4. They look more like Shibito from Siren (which is also badass.) Don't let this game fly under the radar!

• Like 1

The Walking Dead.

1upgamesonline was going to do their first podcast this month covering the best of different catagories like story, multiplayer, soundtrack, villian, dissapointment, etc. Unfortunately, they won't be able to start that till at least next month, at which point 2012 is old news.. TWD was my pick for story, and Vaas (FC3) was my villian. World Gone Sour would have gotten some respect from me too. I would say Diablo III as my disappointment... Those are just my opinions, of course.

Edited by siuilarun

Gotta go with Asura's Wrath.

The story and characters that were introduced by AW were second to none. Asura Alone could easily be a franchise player, put in Yasha and Augus as well and you got one of the best trios ever. It wasn't very well received by critics because of the... let's say, limited, gameplay and Capcom haters blah blah'd about Capcom hate but this game deserves a nod just for bringing something different and redefining the word "epic". Angry Joe pretty much summed it up perfectly with his review:

• Like 1

I'd probably have to choose from Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 or Tales of Graces f from what I've played although Aquapazza, Mugen Souls and The Walking Dead were also good games that deserve a mention. I'd probably would've added a few others like Ultra Dimension Neptune V as well but didn't play enough of it to get a good enough opinion.

Fate/stay night [Realta Nua] probably would be my true first choice but considering it is along the same lines as a HD remake unsure if that'd really count.

Edited by Kyouko_Sakura

Home Console : Atelier Ayesha

Portable Handheld : Gravity Rush

Digital Download : The Walking Dead Video Game

Overall : Atelier Ayesha

I must say that 2012 was really interesting from the niche developpers and all the inde-production who did a great job. 2013 might be really interesting at the moment when the new generation of home console will appear. There, we'll see if all the big companies will show someting good or if the inde will strike again with really good project.