Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings (Retired)

EdinhoN

2 hours ago, Vynzen said:

GUNS UP! gone forever.

Well, that day has come... (I wish it wasn't)
Last night after midnight the servers were still running, I managed to get a few more wins, but today it's all over
It was a wonderful little fun and fresh game, may it rest in peace... (excluding the cash cow way to progress)

WKMwVl.jpg

PS... I managed to get all the trophies on the PC and the PS4 US version, but unfortunately, I only have one left for 100% on the EU version.
Gee, if the devs had left the game until the end of December/January 1st and/or the final season of alliance battles which would have been on 12/18-19...

R.I.P indeed glad to hear you could play during the last hours the game itself was already unplayable  for me and many others  since late september 😔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

2 hours ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

and also here's the post of Nenkai as well

Yeah... doesn't really say there WILL be a patch, it unfortunately just says one is technically possible (akin to The Crew).

PlayStation just say the game WILL function offline (which it does), but.. as I say, progress won't be saved as things stand.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, iXanon said:

Yeah... doesn't really say there WILL be a patch, it unfortunately just says one is technically possible (akin to The Crew).

PlayStation just say the game WILL function offline (which it does), but.. as I say, progress won't be saved as things stand.

I may have misunderstood the statement, since I don’t know GT Sport much but rather thought the offline part much like GT7’s (which only has Music Rally if I remember correctly).

However there isn’t much left for the server shutdown too, so we shall find out sooner or later.

19 hours ago, XxIsa-GxX said:

I may have misunderstood the statement, since I don’t know GT Sport much but rather thought the offline part much like GT7’s (which only has Music Rally if I remember correctly).

However there isn’t much left for the server shutdown too, so we shall find out sooner or later.

Right now you can play almost anything in offline mode, except for sports mode of course, but because of the always online feature, at almost every new menu/screen load a popup comes up and prompts you a warning that you need to eb online for the full experience etc... and because it constantly trying to connect to servers it will eventually crash the game and you lose all offline progress you made.

At least this was the case the last time I tried this game out, which was many months ago and because there was no update since then whatsoever, it's more than likely the same now as well.

Taking all this in consideration an offline mode could very well be possible by disabling the constant trying to connect online and instead of trying to load your progress from servers, make it do it from local storage. All of this could be resolved in a few lines of code, but all of this depends on the devs.

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, AttilaThe13th said:

Right now you can play almost anything in offline mode, except for sports mode of course, but because of the always online feature, at almost every new menu/screen load a popup comes up and prompts you a warning that you need to eb online for the full experience etc... and because it constantly trying to connect to servers it will eventually crash the game and you lose all offline progress you made.

At least this was the case the last time I tried this game out, which was many months ago and because there was no update since then whatsoever, it's more than likely the same now as well.

Taking all this in consideration an offline mode could very well be possible by disabling the constant trying to connect online and instead of trying to load your progress from servers, make it do it from local storage. All of this could be resolved in a few lines of code, but all of this depends on the devs.

Thanks for the clarification, and yeah, according to Nenkai's post on X, it would take a few lines of command-line argument. There is already an offline mod for GT Sport, for modified consoles, however, for official firmware/non-modified console users, this also means a true offline mode, with saving, does indeed exist. Also, some lines that drew my attention from the online manual and GT Sport community post were:

・Level and Experience
You will gain experience for taking part in races and events, and for earning certain achievements. Accumulating experience will allow you to increase your level. As your level increases, you will unlock new tracks for use in arcade more, and earn other bonuses.

What happens to my 'Garage' cars and my Career progression?
All existing cars and personalised Car Settings kept in Garage will be accessible. Gameplay progression required as normal to unlock additional cars and items.

Would I be able access all the world circuits?
Yes, all world circuits will be accessible. Gameplay progression required as normal to unlock selected tracks.

Are there any in-game items or features I won’t be able to save or access after the end of online services on 31 January 2024?
• Online Services: It will no longer be possible to utilise online services features such as Community, Open Lobby, 'Sport' mode, and Seasonal Events;
• Mileage Store: It will no longer be possible to purchase items from Mileage Store.
• Trophies: Selected Trophies that require an online connection will no longer be accessible.
• Garage Car Liveries - It will not be possible to access custom liveries once the online service ends. All vehicles with applied liveries will return to their original colour.

This gives me hope for saving on offline mode once the servers shut down, at least for the relevant stats, as no saving means no gameplay progression (and deeming some offline stuff being unplayable too). However we may be wrong as well, we can only wait and see, hoping for the best for GT Sport's end of the lifecycle.

The Expendables 2 has been delisted on EU storefronts. I checked earlier in the year and it was still there, so this is clearly recent.

I've checked the UK and TR stores. Could be on other EU storefronts, although I'm not optimistic.

• Like 1

Hey guys I don't have any knowledge on this but seen this making rounds today.

Anyone know about the Dragonball Card Mode that had it's online service shutdown at end of October in Dragonball: Kakarot?

https://www.bandainamcoent.asia/eu/news/dragon-ball-z-kakarot-online-termination-notice-en

Mainly looking too see if this affected any Trophies in the game.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Reinachii- said:

Armored core V: Verdict Day will close severs on March 31st 2024.

V and V: Verdict Day is different games? If yes in just V servers was closed in 2014,right? Game( V: Verdict Day) have two trophy stacks and near fully online and somehow today near every copy of the game cost 100$ +

1 minute ago, pavelbagirov said:

V and V: Verdict Day is different games? If yes in just V servers was closed in 2014,right? Game( V: Verdict Day) have two trophy stacks and near fully online and somehow today near every copy of the game cost 100$ +

They are different games. V shut years ago, this is V: Verdict Day.

30 minutes ago, Reinachii- said:

Armored core V: Verdict Day will close severs on March 31st 2024.

There is a necessary DLC download to be able to play online in any capacity. It is free on the PS3 store ( from the guide of the game on PSN profile ) but can anyone confirms if it’s still on PS3 store ) . 

Ok I already checked it’s there 🤞🏼even the  game itself.

3 minutes ago, Guardian_owl said:

Lack of server access does not make the Dark Souls 2 plat unobtainable. Any rewards from PvP or Co-op covenants required for the plat either have an alternate, offline method to rank up in the covenant OR failing that option, the covenant rewards are sold by a vendor halfway through the game, but only in proper NG++ and later. So 2.5 playthroughs will be required. The conventional method to rank up in those two PVP covenants required 500 PvP kills and 500 NET PvP kills. So even when the severs were active, going to NG++ was the faster method to get the plat.

You should probably re-read what he said. He said the server shutdown will NOT affect Dark souls 2.

Double edit. I had to re read as well. He mentioned only ps4 servers. Ha.

Edited by Reinachii-
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Guardian_owl said:

Lack of server access does not make the Dark Souls 2 plat unobtainable. Any rewards from PvP or Co-op covenants required for the plat either have an alternate, offline method to rank up in the covenant OR failing that option, those particular covenant rewards are sold by a vendor halfway through the game, but only in proper NG++ and later. So 2.5 playthroughs will be required. The conventional method to rank up in those two PVP covenants required 500 PvP kills and the other one 500 NET PvP kills. So even when the severs were active, going to NG++ was the faster method to get the plat.

I'm aware that the shutdown doesn't make the plat unobtainable. Was just sharing the news. I appreciate this post.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, kidson2004 said:

https://x.com/wario64/status/1738088160423256549?s=46&t=EHTY88eMXIaMBW2YLFA8Vg

Dark Souls 2 and AC Verdict day PS3, 360 will be shutting down on March 31st, 2024. The PS4, PC and XBO versions of DS2 are not affected by the shutdown. 

Very sad news to hear about Dark Souls 2 servers closure announcementon PS3/X360, no Souls game is the same without its online component. 

For those wishing to plat this game, as pointed out before, it's completely possible to do it offline, but you might want to farm some sunlight medals while online is still available because offline farming is quite stingy with the drop rate for those medals.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

Very sad news to hear about Dark Souls 2 servers closure announcementon PS3/X360, no Souls game is the same without its online component. 

For those wishing to plat this game, as pointed out before, it's completely possible to do it offline, but you might want to farm some sunlight medals while online is still available because offline farming is quite stingy with the drop rate for those medals.

I did offline farming recently and it really wasn't that bad. It's very quick to kill the two giants as a magic user and then just go left to the bonfire to reset them.

• Like 2

Indie games publisher Versus Evil has been shut down by their parent company, tinybuild.

No idea what the impact will be on their games in terms of digital availability or online services. They have quite a few games on PlayStation:

https://versusevil.com/store/

Source:

https://x.com/myll_erik/status/1738252953138434347?s=46&t=BLF9tMHGfwCMiePpT3tmSQ

https://x.com/letsgettrippi/status/1738254064494731740?s=46&t=BLF9tMHGfwCMiePpT3tmSQ

https://x.com/cupoflaure/status/1738251515901464789?s=46&t=BLF9tMHGfwCMiePpT3tmSQ

https://x.com/rezzanancetv/status/1738253869115740238?s=46&t=BLF9tMHGfwCMiePpT3tmSQ

• Like 4