Upcoming Server Shutdowns & Delistings (Retired)

EdinhoN

That's unfortunate. 

But maybe if enough people reach out, we could convince Activision to look into the issue with the 007 games. Maybe they would put some effort in with a total of 4 games affected and they could also bring back quantum of solace.... 

But that's probably not gonna happen knowing Activision. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

That's unfortunate. 

But maybe if enough people reach out, we could convince Activision to look into the issue with the 007 games. Maybe they would put some effort in with a total of 4 games affected and they could also bring back quantum of solace.... 

But that's probably not gonna happen knowing Activision. 

Yes. It is fair enough to close the games as they are dead after all but come on just give us some warning. 

On 1/31/2020 at 3:16 PM, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

Singstar just got delisted on all Platforms and the plat is 100% unobtainable on PS3. It cannot be redownloaded, whatsoever.

PS4 is plausible with Singstar Celebration, thankfully your songs are saved on service list.

If you deleted the game on PS3, then you are forever locked out. Thanks to my friend, DAGGERDRAVEN for checking. The game still works offline, but once deleted, that is it. Also, servers are already down.

Couldn't someone use that proxy to force download it, since the console would likely have the license? 

9 minutes ago, ArmoredSnowman said:

Couldn't someone use that proxy to force download it, since the console would likely have the license? 

No idea. If anyone is willing to try I’m up for editing the info on the guide. For the time being, it is only stuck on the console that downloaded it initially.

On an unrelated note, seems Activision has technical issues and multiple PS3 servers are unavailable atm. No word on a shutdown and it was too abrupt to be definite.

Some games affected are all the Guitar Heros, both DJ Hero’s and James Bond titles.

Edited by Roronora_Zoro666

9 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

It looks like Activision have canned the Blood Drive servers as well, because no one has earned any of the MP trophies in over a fortnight.

UPDATE: Activision may also have canned the servers for Apache: Air Assault, Cabela's North American Adventures, Chaotic: Shadow Warriors and Chivalry: Medieval Warfare (both stacks).

No, no, no, pls, no. I have 2 unwrapped copies... 

Damn, time to open them and test unless anyone checked it already...

6 hours ago, grifteskymfning said:

I will check Chaotic; Shadow Warriors.

Ping me, pls.

22 minutes ago, Smashero said:

I just checked "Chaotic: Shadow Warriors" - it seems that it is working. I got connected and I am able to look for ranked match.

Scoreboards are also working, so I think it is fine.

That's good to hear :). It looks like it's just the "Hero" and 007 games that aren't looking good at the moment.

Also, has anyone checked the Transformers games lately? I know Activision lost that license a while back but are their servers still up?

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, TazDevilz1986 said:

Just tested Transformers Dark Of The Moon. And the server is down.

It's down for me too.

Revenge of the Fallen and Fall of Cybertron works though. Can't find my War for Cybertron disc so I'm not able to try that right now.

Blur works fine. Also an Activision game.

EDIT:

Found the disc and War for Cybertron also works fine.

I find it pretty odd if only Dark of the Moon would be shut down since there are two older Transformers games on PS3 that are still online. Hopefully it's just something temporary even though Dark of the Moon might be the least popular of the four games on PS3.

Edited by Feddixx
more info
  • Like 1

Hello everyone,

Thanks for checking the Activision games. Been keeping track of this thread, and many others, for years now so it's always helpful to get first-hand knowledge of potentially down games. I help maintain TrueTrophies's list, though I can't post my link like HuntingPro can because TT links are blocked here.  ?  I'll just mention that the upcoming games can be viewed under the Games list, and we give notifications (if you enable them) for new and upcoming shutdowns if you find it helpful.

One to toss up here for the channel - can anyone check Backgammon Blitz? Steam says their server went down in October 2019, and the only unlock I can find recently is from the Vita version, which I don't trust. I know it's got a small number of tracked gamers, so figured I'd reach out in case anyone here had a copy to test with.

Thanks again everyone for the hard work!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LupusLance34 said:

Source?

Seems you haven’t been reading up. All 007 games are down. DJ Hero 1 and 2 has also been confirmed down and these issues have plagued the various other Guitar Hero titles.

Please read up beforehand. The post right above you even confirms this information.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

Seems you haven’t been reading up. All 007 games are down. DJ Hero 1 and 2 has also been confirmed down and these issues have plagued the various other Guitar Hero titles.

Please read up beforehand. The post right above you even confirms this information.

Haven't been reading up? I'm one of the first ones to report the GH servers being down. You said in your post that Activision is having technical issues with many ps3 servers.

What makes you believe its' a technical issue and not a full blown shutdown of all these matchmaking servers?
That's why I was asking for your source.

Edited by LupusLance34
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, LupusLance34 said:

Haven't been reading up? I'm one of the first ones to report the GH servers being down. You said in your post that Activision is having technical issues with many ps3 servers.

What makes you believe its' a technical issue and not a full blown shutdown of all these matchmaking servers?
That's why I was asking for your source.

Because there’s always a warning. Next time just bold the technical issues part, not the whole sentence.

With this many games affected there is no way the shutdown is 100%. It may come back soon or we will be given some kind of word after a while stating what has happened. 

This is mere speculation, but Gamespy, EA, and even Sony have had the audacity at least to give a heads up before a massive shutdown.

4 minutes ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

Because there’s always a warning. Next time just bold the technical issues part, not the whole sentence.

With this many games affected there is no way the shutdown is 100%. It may come back soon or we will be given some kind of word after a while stating what has happened. 

This is mere speculation, but Gamespy, EA, and even Sony have the audacity at least to give a heads up before a massive shutdown.

Knowing Activision I doubt they would actually care of announcing the server closure of these games, but I admire your optimism and hope you're right on this.

3 minutes ago, LupusLance34 said:

Knowing Activision I doubt they would actually care of announcing the server closure of these games, but I admire your optimism and hope you're right on this.

Not really optimism, I’m just basing it on other such examples.

I want it back up cuz I want to tackle Metallica and Van Halen. There is no way I can do Van Halen without help for the band trophies. 

The only other thing I can think of similar to this was the approximate 6 months or so when Rock Band servers were unavailable on all non main titles. They end up coming back in December, at least Beatles RB had.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Roronora_Zoro666 said:

Not really optimism, I’m just basing it on other such examples.

I want it back up cuz I want to tackle Metallica and Van Halen. There is no way I can do Van Halen without help for the band trophies. 

Should Van Halen come back up, you've got yourself a bandmate. ;)

• Like 2

Actually, given past examples, Activision doesn't announce their server closures. They've never announced a server closure on PS3. Tony Hawk Shred and Guitar Hero Smash hits both went down without any warning in July 2013. Quantum of Solace went down without warning in October 2016 (I do suspect that this one is due to lack of server maintenance and not an actual shutdown, but if it is a shutdown then it was unannounced). 

I know you're very knowledgeable on the Guitar games Roronora, i'm just pointing out that Activision don't have the courtesy to announce closures i'm afraid.

Hopefully these games come back for you all. The fact that so many went down at once does seem a bit odd, I can see why people may think it's general server problems due to that. Maybe the DJ Hero/Guitar hero stuff will be back shortly as it's only been a few days. 007 Legends i'd be much less hopeful for as it's been 3 weeks. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Actually, given past examples, Activision doesn't announce their server closures. They've never announced a server closure on PS3. Tony Hawk Shred and Guitar Hero Smash hits both went down without any warning in July 2013. Quantum of Solace went down without warning in October 2016 (I do suspect that this one is due to lack of server maintenance and not an actual shutdown, but if it is a shutdown then it was unannounced). 

I know you're very knowledgeable on the Guitar games Roronora, i'm just pointing out that Activision don't have the courtesy to announce closures i'm afraid.

Hopefully these games come back for you all. The fact that so many went down at once does seem a bit odd, I can see why people may think it's general server problems due to that. Maybe the DJ Hero/Guitar hero stuff will be back shortly as it's only been a few days. 007 Legends i'd be much less hopeful for as it's been 3 weeks. 

The Hero games have always technical issues and Warriors of Rock and Metallica are known for their server issues. 

I appreciate the confirmation, I guess all we can do now is wait and see.