The Last TV Show You Saw?

DanielVT

15 hours ago, sillyrobo75 said:

The_Mandalorian_logo.jpg

I am currently playing Fallen Order, and since I was in the mood for more Star Wars I finally started watching The Mandalorian too. It's nothing special imo, except maybe the budget, it does look great, so to be more exact imo it's not that special when it comes to its story and characters, at least after 4 episodes, I heard that the last 2 or 3 episodes are also the best, so we shall see. Still, it can be quite entertaining for the most part, even if so far it is far too simplistic for me.

I’m not well versed with the world of Star Wars but I appreciate seeing clips of ‘Baby Yoda’/The Child haha!

Netflix recently added Sister, Sister (1994) and I’ve been watching that :)12247227.jpg

Edited by Rinoa_VIII

Midas's favorites (Netflix Spanish show): Victor, a businessman, is blackmailed in a strange way by a mysterious organization. If he does not agree to pay a large sum of money, the group will kill people randomly.Pretty good.

Also Ratchet (Sarah Paulson as protagonist): The origin of Mildred Ratched, the nurse in a psychiatric hospital who becomes a monster for her patients.

We combine those 2 at nights (except for Wednesdays that we watch Mask Singer), until the weekend which is when we watch movies. After lunch we watch anime or I should say re-watch hahaha alternating between Naruto shipp, Steins Gate and FullMetal Alchemist bc we don't have that much time.

Edited by Puppeter04

The Office (Serie de TV) (2005) - Filmaffinity

The Office - Seasons 1-2

I know... I never had the chance to watch it in the early 2000s (which is pretty strange since that time was the most active one for me in my life ever watching TV). And everything that I can say is that this is a masterpiece. In all its form, this super clever yet simplistic and silly satire series has made my 2020 a bit endurable. I don't regret grabbing Amazon Prime since the service has pretty good stuff and basically all the series I want to re-watch. But this... Oh man, where was I when this thing came out? Smh. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

name-that-tune-696x392.jpg

Name That Tune

Having watched the Jim Lange version on Family Channel (Freeform) during the 90s and seeing Tom Kennedy's ones on YouTube, I looked forward to this, and I loved it. Jane Krakowski does an excellent job hosting, with a live band led by Randy Jackson. Music featured here spans from the 1970s to the present.

The first round changes each time. Title Track features several different tune topics, and By Request has the players pick some categories off a board. If you buzz in and correctly name that tune, you're up several thousand dollars. The other player can steal if you miss it. Other games that will show up later in the season are On Shuffle and Spin Me Round.

Round 2 is always Bid-A-Note. Jane gives a clue to the song, and one player starts the bidding, for example "I can name that tune in 10 notes". You can start at 10 notes or even drop down to 1 if you're sure you know it from the clue. Both players take turns bidding down until one says "Name That Tune". Randy the plays the number of notes you bid, then you guess. If you're wrong, all 10 notes are played for your opponent and they try to steal. Four songs are played for $10.000, $15.000, $20.000... and $25.000.

The player with the most money after 2 rounds plays Golden Medley. Here you have 30 seconds to get 7. Guess up to 6 songs right and get $10.000 for each one... but if you get all 7, you'll win $100.000. One wrong answer ends the game immediately, but you're allowed to pass and come back to a song later.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge
  • Like 1

Season 1 | Supernatural seasons, Supernatural poster, Supernatural movie

I cannot believe that it is 15 years later now. I remember watching this show on TV somewhere between S2 and S3 when I was like 12, lol.

Tonight, I watched the last episode and I'd say it has a good ending. I really enjoyed watching this show and I'm still surprised that it made to 15 Seasons. I kinda want more now, laughingface.

Carry on.....Supernatural....

• Like 2

NameThatTune2021Logo.png

Name That Tune (Jane Krakowski & Randy Jackson, 2021)

Here are the new games featured on tonight's show.

1) Remix'd- Songs get genre-swapped. I found this one especially amusing and would like to see them do it again.

2) Spin Me Round- A wheel with different categories like "Divas", "Hip-Hop", "New Jack Swing", etc. is spun to choose the next song.

Spoiler

"Let's Hear It For The Boy" (Deniece Williams from the Footloose soundtrack) and Lizzo's "Juice" were done as hard rock songs instead of R&B during the Remix'd game.

Someone blew Golden Medley tonight by adding an extra word to the song title. The song was Jefferson Starship's "Somebody To Love" and he said "Need Somebody To Love". Darn.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge

TheHustlerLogo.png

The Hustler

A quiz with an interesting twist. There are five players and one is the "Hustler".

Let's say you're the Hustler... then you know all the answers to the questions. Every correct answer the team gives adds to the bank, but you don't want be too helpful or you'll blow your cover. Twice during a game, everyone marks elimination ballots, but only yours will count. At the end, everyone picks who they think the Hustler is. If both your teammates correctly guess that it's you, you lose and they split the money 50-50. If you fool them, all the money is yours.

Started watching Mindhunter recently. It's actually better than I thought, and a lot of the actors look scarily similar to the killers they're playing...

Spoiler

also the BTK cameos are sweet, I can't wait to see what they do with that since he wasn't caught until 2005 and this show takes place in the 70s iirc