The Last TV Show You Saw?

DanielVT

South Park: I did saw the Pandemic Special episode and It was okay. The worst part is the end because Mr. Garrison aka The President killed the poor creature that was endangered!!! I hated Mr. Garrison so much! He used to be good back in Seasons 1-8 and Seasons 12-19. And then I started hated him when he killed the poor pangolin creature. The show itself was hilarious, I love watching it and I enjoyed it.

Been watching the show Holliston one a night for the past week after they added it on Shudder which I have as a channel add-on for Prime video.  Finished the first season last night.  So, S1 E6 "Weekend of Horrors".  Apparently season 2 changes to a half-hour format, so I wonder if it will be better or worse....but it's ok enough.  Looking forward to Season 2 of The Boys finishing up tomorrow so that I can watch it; I wasn't down with that stupid, one episode a week format thing.  But anyway, Holliston, it's worth seeing.

MV5BMTY3NzM4MzE2MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjc3MjgyOQ@@._V1_.jpg

• Like 1

I just finished the second season of The Boys on Prime. When I saw the preview for the show, I did not think it would be anything I was interested. But it actually turned out to be pretty decent. 

I am not sure if I mentioned this before, but a show that was way better than I ever imagined it would be was Cobra Kai. I ended up watching the first and second Karate Kid movies (of course I skipped the third one because it is terrible). That kind of inspired me to check out the TV show. I was very surprised at how good it was. The previews did not give it justice.

• Like 1

250px-Card_Sharks_2019_logo.pngCard Sharks - Season 2 Premiere

"Aces and deuces,

aren't they great?

But you better pray

you don't get an 8

... on Card Sharks!"

Every episode starts off with a short poem something like that. This isn't the one they said... I just made it up.

While Card Sharks was already pretty good, they made a couple of major improvements to it.

In the qualifying round, you just have to clear a line of 7 cards for the win instead of 10. This is definitely better, because the original 10 cards was too long.

Remember in season 1's Money Cards how you would lose your bet if the next card was a match? Someone once got wiped out by three Aces in a row. Tragic. Thankfully there's now a "Push" rule in effect to avert that. So if your next card matches, you don't win anything, but you're keeping the money you had bet. If your current card is an Ace or a 2, you don't have a reason to not go All-In anymore. I was wishing for this change.

Unfortunately, the damn pandemic necessitates not having a studio audience. I'll miss the crowd's chants of "All-In! All-In!" when someone has a A/2 on Money Cards, but at least the contestants' families will be there to cheer them on.

Spoiler

Tonight's big winner: Rhea with $231.000. Nice! ?

Edited by RadiantFlamberge

After many years burning through the greatest shows on television, I’ve finally gotten around to watching HBO’s Deadwood. It’s based on a lawless town that existed in the American west during the gold rush, and the nefarious characters who were drawn to the camp seeking their fortunes, as well as the endless amounts of vice that came with such a place.

A lot of people regard it as one of the finest drama shows ever made. It starts off a little slow, but once it hits it’s stride it gets pretty fucking fantastic. Just started season 2 and so far it’s even better than S1.

DJ7RKOX.jpg

250px-Match_Game_2016_logo.pngMatch Game - Season 5 Episode 9

Tonight's guests were Joel McHale (Card Sharks), Jane Krakowski, Jermaine Fowler, Caroline Rhea (Aunt Hilda from Sabrina the Teenage Witch... my favorite show on ABC's TGIF back in the day), Skylar Astin, and Retta (Donna from Parks and Recreation). Some good and hilarious questions on this one. Next week's episode is the finale... already? Darn. It's been another good season.

High Rollers (4 July 1975 episode)

Found on YouTube. High Rollers is a game show with the late Alex Trebek from Jeopardy. Two players are asked a toss-up trivia question. Giving a right answer means you can decide to play or pass. Then a pair of dice are rolled by co-host Ruta Lee, and whoever gets that roll must take numbers off the board (from 1-9) that add up to the sum of the dice. If you aren't able to make a match, you lose that round. After you pick numbers from the board, prizes are revealed. Winning the round gives you the prizes you've unlocked. If you win 2 rounds, you play a bonus game where you try to clear the board for a jackpot. Nice show.

Edited by RadiantFlamberge

• 2 weeks later...

The_Mandalorian_logo.jpg

I am currently playing Fallen Order, and since I was in the mood for more Star Wars I finally started watching The Mandalorian too. It's nothing special imo, except maybe the budget, it does look great, so to be more exact imo it's not that special when it comes to its story and characters, at least after 4 episodes, I heard that the last 2 or 3 episodes are also the best, so we shall see. Still, it can be quite entertaining for the most part, even if so far it is far too simplistic for me.

Edited by sillyrobo75