e3 2017 reactions!

skinner49

Well, Sony's presentation was underwhelming: no big surprises, just more footage of games we have already seen previously. And it was short. There were a few surprises but not remarkable.

I'll definitely take God of War, Uncharted: Lost Legagy, Horizon's DLC, Shadow of the Colossus (remake?).

But of all I got all my attention for MOSS! <3 I cracked for it! :3 I'm probably the only one person who got charmed by this game...

• Like 1

Welp, that was underwhelming. Some great titles in there but the Xbox show was more... jazzier?

To be fair, the games they DID show were great: God of War, Horizon DLC, Spiderman, Days Gone & Uncharted TLL look awesome. The rest... I literally can't remember. Oh, FFXV on VR... yay? 

Xbox's huge range & diversity of games, coupled with their jazzy show and console release really pushed them over the edge I think. Didn't help that Sony's crowd was mediocre at best. 

Edit: HOW COULD I FORGET ABOUT DETROIT FFFFFF

Edited by ahoyimzoe

8 minutes ago, Barriebar17 said:

Im in awe reading some of these comments. Come on guys 60 minutes, nothing but games, games, games. One exclusive after the other, without posing with the term 'exclusive', besides in the Destiny 2 trailer.

Perhaps there were not many suprises, but the indepth gameplay showcases from Days gone, God of War, Detroit & Spiderman were simply a-ma-zing. This was so diverse and with all the other 3rd party support 2017 and 2018 are looking absolutely amazing.

Although neither (or any this year, really) conferences were great or highlighted the E3 show by any means, I do think the bolded bit is why Sony had a better conference than Microsoft. MS conference was so boring to get through because half of the time they were rambling on about stuff I didn't care for while Sony conference was almost all showing off new games.

I do wish Sony had more to offer for the show, like TLOU 2 for example.

In order, games I'm going to play I found most interesting. Probably forgetting some.

Metro Exodus (don't know when it comes out on PS4)

Kingdom Hearts III (this keeps switching places with Metro lol)

South Park

Uncharted Lost Legacy

Assassin's Creed Origins

God of War (Just knowing the VA for Kratos is different is enough to make me interested.)

(Might play Monster Hunter World and CoD WW2 at some point)

Games I won't play that I found interesting.

Skull and Bones. ?

The Crew 2 

DB Fighter Z

Anthem

• Like 1

If im going to base who "won" by what games id buy and play.. Well lets look to see who had the most. Then next to the games ill also rank 1st to 10th for my top 10 genuinely favorites im truly hyped and excited for.

(For titles that appeared at 2 conferences ill only include it in the one it was shown the most)

EA

- A Way Out

- Star Wars Battlefront 2

Microsoft

- Anthem

- Code Vein

8th - PlayerUnknowns Battlegrounds

- Conan Exiles

10th - Sea of Thieves

- Life is Strange Before the Storm

7th - Metro Exodus

- Middle Earth Shadow of War

- State of Decay 2

Bethesda

- Dishonored Death of the Outsider

9th - Evil Within 2

6th - Wolfenstein 2 New Colossus 

Ubisoft

1st - Assassins Creed Origins

- South Park Fractured But Hole

- Skull and Bones

- Beyond Good and Evil 2

3rd - Far Cry 5

Sony

- Uncharted Lost Legacy

- Horizon Zero Dawn Frozen Wilds 

4th - Days Gone

- Monster Hunter World

5th - Call of Duty World War 2

- God of War

- Detroit Become Human

2nd - Spiderman

*Sony Wins for being strictly about games with no bullshit (except that dumb intro) and better exclusives 

*Ubisoft Wins for having 2 of my top 3 favorites this year

*Microsoft Wins for having the best Indie showing

*EA and Bethesda were mostly lame but both had atleast 2 good games id buy 

*EA also wins most cringeworthy award for giving the stage to a fucking Youtuber who has ZERO mic skills and apparently gets stage freight.. Lmao only missing was him Pissing his pants in fear so we can finally stop all this dumb Youtuber shit the Dev's do.

EDIT Sony should be deducted points for holding back FromSofts new game >.> lol we all know they saving it for either TGS or PSX

Edited by MafiaBrett
  • Like 2

I thought it was a good show, not spectacular like previous years, but good nonetheless.   I wonder if Sony are saving some stuff for PS Experience, as I'm still at a loss as to what Sucker Punch are up to?   I guess I understand why so many feel underwhelmed, there wasn't much new, although what was shown looked great, but although I was a little disappointed the Resistance rumours weren't true, I'm absolutely ecstatic Monster Hunter is finally coming home, that alone made it great!  Lol

There's some great looking games on the way over all the conferences, Anthem looks amazing, Beyond Good & Evil 2...Beyond Good & Evil 2 < I know technically that's the same thing but it's such a major thing that I thought it was worth saying twice...space corp directives and all that...lol   Wolfenstein 2, an Assassin's Creed that actually looks good (to me) since what, AC2?  Evil Within 2, Metro, Life is Strange 2, Code Vein...and more, all falling at the feet of the mighty Monster Hunter.   

There's plenty coming, half the games announced over the last two E3's haven't even released yet, do we really want trailers for games releasing 2/3/4 years from now?  Never mind GoW, Days Gone, Spiderman, FFVII, Detroit, Vampyr etc... I'm still wondering what happened to games like Pavilion and Source from further back?!!   

Yeah, it wasn't mind blowing, but it was a good solid show as some have said, and the games look like they're coming along well.   Monster Hunter :D 

Well, Sony had the best conference out of all of them, although it wasn't much of a competition. The best announcement was that Shadow of the Colossus remake. I definitely wasn't expecting that one. Apart from that, they mostly showed off games we already knew about. They did look fantastic though. God of War, Days Gone, Uncharted: The Lost Legacy, Detroit, and Spider-Man are all games I'm looking forward to playing. They packed a lot of games in there, and thankfully they didn't shove the word "exclusive" down our throats every two seconds like Microsoft's conference did. You aren't fooling anyone, MS. :P

I didn't mention this in my post about Microsoft's conference, but Code Vein looks freakin' awesome! It was definitely the best announcement they had there. It's coming to PS4 though, so yeah, I still have no reason to pick up an Xbone. :P

Surprisingly, Bethesda actually had the best announcements this year for me. I'm so excited for The Evil Within 2 and Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus. There have definitely been much better E3's. I was expecting more from Sony, but they've been killing it with the releases lately, so I'll let them off. :P

1 hour ago, Barriebar17 said:

Im in awe reading some of these comments. Come on guys 60 minutes, nothing but games, games, games. One exclusive after the other, without posing with the term 'exclusive', besides in the Destiny 2 trailer.

Perhaps there were not many suprises, but the indepth gameplay showcases from Days gone, God of War, Detroit & Spiderman were simply a-ma-zing. This was so diverse and with all the other 3rd party support 2017 and 2018 are looking absolutely amazing.

To be fair, they did say it about Spider-Man as well. But that's obvious. They have to remind people that you're not experiencing that game on PC or any other platform.

I don't give a shit if we already knew about 90% of the games. The fact that these games are all coming out within the next 18 months, is why I am still playing games today.

51 minutes ago, MafiaBrett said:

If im going to base who "won" by what games id buy and play.. Well lets look to see who had the most. Then next to the games ill also rank 1st to 10th for my top 10 genuinely favorites im truly hyped and excited for.

(For titles that appeared at 2 conferences ill only include it in the one it was shown the most)

EA

- A Way Out

- Star Wars Battlefront 2

Microsoft

- Anthem

- Code Vein

8th - PlayerUnknowns Battlegrounds

- Conan Exiles

10th - Sea of Thieves

- Life is Strange Before the Storm

7th - Metro Exodus

- Middle Earth Shadow of War

- State of Decay 2

Bethesda

- Dishonored Death of the Outsider

9th - Evil Within 2

6th - Wolfenstein 2 New Colossus 

Ubisoft

1st - Assassins Creed Origins

- South Park Fractured But Hole

- Skull and Bones

- Beyond Good and Evil 2

3rd - Far Cry 5

Sony

- Uncharted Lost Legacy

- Horizon Zero Dawn Frozen Wilds 

4th - Days Gone

- Monster Hunter World

5th - Call of Duty World War 2

- God of War

- Detroit Become Human

2nd - Spiderman

*Sony Wins for being strictly about games with no bullshit (except that dumb intro) and better exclusives 

*Ubisoft Wins for having 2 of my top 3 favorites this year

*Microsoft Wins for having the best Indie showing

*EA and Bethesda were mostly lame but both had atleast 2 good games id buy 

*EA also wins most cringeworthy award for giving the stage to a fucking Youtuber who has ZERO mic skills and apparently gets stage freight.. Lmao only missing was him Pissing his pants in fear so we can finally stop all this dumb Youtuber shit the Dev's do.

EDIT Sony should be deducted points for holding back FromSofts new game >.> lol we all know they saving it for either TGS or PSX

I like your outlook. It isn't that it's a competition, it's just about showcasing what the future of gaming is. 

I think this E3 did an excellent job of showing me where I'm spending my disposable income for the next two years. 

Also, I heard that EA purposely sabotaged the teleprompter so that Jesse Wellens would intentionally fuck up his line and so Need For Speed would be more talked about. It's just a rumour, who knows. You know why they bring YouTubers to their events, right? Because it's free publicity. They have a fan base of millions, and you don't have to pay them to advertise their product, because they're parasites with no standards. That's what happens when you get rich off of google adsense though. You take what you can get, and you spin it into your own money machine.

Edited by Valyrious

Just reading some about the Impatient over on PS blog. It is by supermassive games and it is set in the Until Dawn world. It is a VR game. I think that sucks to be honest. I can't afford a VR and have no interest in it either.

I am one who loved Until Dawn and would love to go back into that world. I think by putting this on Vr it is alienating some of the true Until Dawn fans. It should be an optional Vr game IMO.

Edited by snakebit10

I look at it this way though, regardless of what you prefer to play on, you weren't totally disappointed and this E3 shouldn't be a blemish on any of the companies.

Everyone had good stuff to show, it's just that it wasn't in the WOW category. Sony was basically just a repeat of last year and IMO Microsoft failed to justify the Xbox One X and its price.

2018 should be the complete opposite from this year's with bigger announcements. If not they're all screwed lol

Edited by Death_Ninja

2 hours ago, ragnarok2887 said:

So is anyone going to mention Final Fantasy...............................................................................................................................Fishing.

Looks dumb

I liked it.... 

2 hours ago, Maxie the Mouse said:

Well, Sony's presentation was underwhelming: no big surprises, just more footage of games we have already seen previously. And it was short. There were a few surprises but not remarkable.

I'll definitely take God of War, Uncharted: Lost Legagy, Horizon's DLC, Shadow of the Colossus (remake?).

But of all I got all my attention for MOSS! <3 I cracked for it! :3 I'm probably the only one person who got charmed by this game...

I'm going to thoroughly enjoy moss. Some of the vr games I wasn't interested, but some were great, and moss is def one of the greatest 

Just now, ShakeNBake663 said:

Same here. The fishing is unironically one of the best parts of FFXV.

Right?! I can't find a good standalone fishing game that competes, which is just weird

2 minutes ago, Dav9834 said:

Right?! I can't find a good standalone fishing game that competes, which is just weird

I'm a little sad that this game is VR only, because I would pay like twenty bucks for a non-VR version. An even more in-depth version of that fishing? Yes please~

Only interesting tidbits for me so far were:

- LocoRoco 2 Remastered (still have to get past level 3 of the first one, though xD )

- Skulls & Bones (I hope that it's not online-only and that it will also have some way to play it as a singleplayer only)

- Spider-Man gameplay (looks really cool)

- Undertale for consoles

The weird thing about Sony's conference is that it feels very disappointing because it didn't show anything new or give exact release dates, but I still want to play basically everything they showed.

-I want Uncharted. I think it's only $40 for a somewhat full game so I'm in. I love Uncharted.

- Horizon DLC sounds good. How much will it cost?

-I want Days Gone. Looks like a lot of Sony's games, but it still looks good.

- Monster Hunter surprised me. I want that. Maybe not at full price depending on what's out at the time.

- I definitely want Shadow of Colossus. It's one of my favorite games of all time and I haven't played it in years. Hopefully it's not full price. I'm guessing it will be $40.

- Marvel Vs Capcom looks good, but I'll probably wait until it's cheaper. I don't like dropping full price on fighting games.

- Call of Duty WW2 looks good. I'm always iffy on COD, but I like the WW2 setting. I'll probably get it when it's cheaper or as a Christmas gift from someone.

- None of the VR games really wowed me. Skyrim in VR is cool, but I already played that game enough. I need more VR games, Sony.

- I want God of War of course.

- I love Heavy Rain and I liked Beyond Two Souls so I'll be getting Detroit whenever it comes out.

- I'm not interested in Destiny.

- And I want Spider-Man of course.

So the conference seems disappointing, but damn Sony will still be raping my wallet regardless.

Edited by Lilseb93

33 minutes ago, blazeaire said:

I'm more excited for the games shown the pre show then the main event haha, Everybody's Golf and Ni No Kuni 2 yes plz! although MHW is nice and Spiderman looks cool even if it has too many QTEs

Why Sony didn't put Nino kuni 2 in their presser is beyond me. That would have gotten a lot more claps imo than some that they showed. 

I think they just didn't want to spend the money on an "off year" when everything's(almost) coming out in 2018. 

Though they may have regretted it after seeing how Microsoft did(when you have to show a really expensive car for 30 seconds it's called desperate), they could have had a 1 1/2 hour conference with more games that were announced elsewhere and pretty much buried xbox1x(idiotic name....  - _ - )

And where the hell was Shuhei Yoshida!! I love it when he gets up there! 

Oh well next year is going to rock!

And there's TGS coming up

I'm counting the days already! 

All this does mean one thing though that I noticed. 

No FFVII Remake in 2018(maybe 4th quarter though, holiday hype) 

Edited by Dav9834

I think this was the first time that I was disappointed by a PlayStation E3, no new games were announced besides Shadow of the Colossus remake and Monster Hunter World. All they did is talk about games that were announced last E3 but I know that it is to build up hype for them when they do come out eventually. Also they did show us gameplay for all of them without bullshit in between which is great. Though the only games that I am interested in is God of War, Spider-Man and Detroit Become Human.

Edited by TheVader66

Okay, so what did I miss?

11 hours ago, Natsuu24 said:

I'm ready for Sony Conference !!

3penrlp9SQyXY4rsJE7OQA.png

Personally I would put the Pringles and drinks near my hands instead of right in front of the television, but whatever...

9 hours ago, Death_Ninja said:

Ubisoft should change their press conference title to Ubisoft: Hear Us Say the Word "Fuck" Every Other Sentence.

(Still the best conference so far tho)

Ooooh, did I miss something seemingly edgy and potentially hilarious? Making a mental note to watch that later this week...

5 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Shadow of the Colossus remake looks absolutely stunning.  Interested in Monster Hunter too :D

Wait, WHAT. I really missed something? I just played Colossus last month for the first time ever and I was complaining about how dated it was, and how cool it would have been back in the day... Excuse me, going to search for a vid now...

Oh wow, that looks stunning indeed... This time, I won't wait a decade before playing it ?

4 hours ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

Sony gave us a remake frankly no one was asking for

Ooooh! Me, sir! Me, me me! I was asking for it! I was asking for it less than a month ago!

Boy-putting-up-hand-in-cl-006.jpg

4 hours ago, HaSoOoN-MHD said:

Who could predict a new Metro game? who saw Anthem coming? who predicted AC Origins debuting at MS's conference instead of their usual showing at Sony's/Ubisoft?

Yeah... all of those games are coming to PS4 as well though. I've watched neither conference but looking now I see a lot of talk about Sony exclusives that seem awesome, but I haven't heard any Microsoft exclusive that debuted on the conference and was worth talking about apparently.

4 hours ago, Avatar_Of_Battle said:

In order, games I'm going to play I found most interesting. Probably forgetting some.

Metro Exodus (don't know when it comes out on PS4)

Kingdom Hearts III (this keeps switching places with Metro lol)

South Park

Uncharted Lost Legacy

Assassin's Creed Origins

God of War (Just knowing the VA for Kratos is different is enough to make me interested.)

(Might play Monster Hunter World and CoD WW2 at some point)

Games I won't play that I found interesting.

Skull and Bones. ?

The Crew 2 

DB Fighter Z

Anthem

Fully agree with being excited for AC Origins as well as South Park. I'm very excited for The Crew 2, the first game was the most enjoyable non-futuristic racer ever in my opinion and I can't wait to see what they do with the sequel.

Wait... Does you mentioning it means there's more info on The Crew 2 now? Wait, checking for a vid again...

... Sorry, got sidetracked because youtube recommended a SPiderman gameplay demo... Damn that game looks awesome. What as I doing? Oh yeah, The Crew 2.

Aw damn, USA again? Why not go to Europe for the sequel?

Looks good though, awesome news that we get to fly planes as well. I enjoy flying games as well as racing games, cool that I get both in the same game now.

4 hours ago, ragnarok2887 said:

So is anyone going to mention Final Fantasy...............................................................................................................................Fishing.

Looks dumb

2 hours ago, Dav9834 said:

I liked it.... 

1 hour ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

Same here. The fishing is unironically one of the best parts of FFXV.

I haven't played it but it sounds like Final Fantasy has taken a page from Ocarina Of Time... The fishing minigame from that was praised as one of the best mini-games ever in adventure games.

Edited by BillyHorrible
  • Like 1