What the origin of your PSN name ?

Aranea Highwind

My old roommate helped me come up with it for a Vampire; The Masqurade character I was making while she was living with me. I really liked it, so started using it as a newer online handle. My previous one was also a VTM character name, but after 15 years decided it was time for a change,

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i named mine melodicmizery after a record company i had from 2001-2013. i wish i never did it (or i used capital letters) because everyone reads my name as "Melody" which they then think means "Melanie" and then think im a girl which i have to then get on mic and say im a guy, its Melodic, as in music. when i first bought my ps3 i had dialup still, and ps3 didnt even have trophies so i wasnt really even using the multiplayer at all. (also dialup wouldnt work. if your connection is to slow the ps3 will disconnect you from online. i actually found a way to make dialup 56k connect on ps3 but still it was to slow to play online)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Adras Nightmare is the name of my very first D&D character, a Wizard I managed to reach epic levels with and who holds a very special place in my heart. Yeah I know, his last name sounds pretty edgy, but I was 16 when I first played D&D so I just deal with it.

Edited by Adras_Nightmare

• 2 weeks later...

Jaia2442. Jaia originates from my favorite Yugioh card when I was a kid, which was Gaia the Fierce Knight. Changed the G to a J to be "different" and added some numbers that me and bros used for all our usernames and stuff in the past which was 2442. I hate the username now, but oh well.

Edited by Jaia2442

Well my original name was ERGOPROXY-DECAY, with PSN finally having name change I have become NERVergoproxy.

I still wanted what I had originally; Ergo Proxy. I loved the dark philosophical gnosticism influences around the anime at that time so why not. I later also became a deep fan of Neon Genesis Evangelion. That is where NERV came from. Again another very philosophical anime about religion. I recommend both to be watched!!
So yeah I was pretty stoked when I hear name change is really going to happen.
Im very pleased with it now. Able to evolve my name, somewhat of who I am now than were.

Would I see it changed in the future? quite possibly. :D

Well, my name by itself doesn't have a specific origin, its just that I like reptilians like snakes and I though that the colour black would somehow fit very good with that name. In addition to that, I used to write horror stories before starting my colledge studies, so a black snake was some kind of object I was thinking about to start a great story.

On the same way, before black snake I used the nick "FireRaptor" which was based on my previous interest for dinosaur and a good combination with fire.

• 3 weeks later...

Most of it came from a username generator due to my sheer uncreativeness...but "Valzenta" stood out to me because a family member had a character on an MMO who's name started with "Val". I added the "i" cause I thought it sounded better.

On 1/26/2013 at 7:56 PM, Aranea Highwind said:

Is it dedicated to one of your favorite games,character,athlete,artist etc or is it simple your own original idea ?

Mine is KANE-FIRE and is because my favorite WWE wrestler is Glen Jacob better know by his ring name Kane.So anywho What the origin of your PSN name.

My original PSN was Datboy1991. The 1991 is easy enough: the year I was born. For Datboy: when I was in high school, I had a barber with a wild redneck Texas accent. He didn’t know my name, so when my dad was there and I wasn’t, he would always ask “Where’s dat boy of yours?”. My dad and I always imitated it because it was hilarious and it just stuck as a nickname. Funny enough, it is unrelated to various “dat boy” or “dat boi” memes that have popped up over the years, but that’s of course the first thing people think of when they hear it. 

Current PSN is easy. When I was on an ESO competitive trials team, “Datboy” got abbreviated to “DB” and that was/is what everybody on ESO calls me. The “TrophyGuy” part seems pretty self explanatory given what forum we are in. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

DCM = Dauragon C Mikado  from The Bouncer (PS2 game)  47= Hitman agent 47 ? 0 just because DCM47 wasn't available .

Been through a lot of different (ID's) this one might not be the most original but I like it. Also I'm terrible at coming up with ID's ?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

One of my favorite movies ever is the original Crow. the one with brandan lee. one of the four main goons of the movie is named funboy. he was always my favorite of the bad guys so i just kinda used it for everything. email addresses and such and when psn came round bam. kept up the tradition

• Like 1