NG+ Trophies

fbdbh

37 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Guerilla Games is coming out with DLC trophies that are supposedly more difficult. In the base game you could play on Easy difficulty and from what I've heard about this game, you can pretty much slaughter through most enemies in Horizon Zero Dawn provided you had the gear.

Strange that a lot of DLC content coming out lately is more difficult than the base game.

Maybe Guerrilla Games is preparing players for the Frozen Wilds expansion, which may or may not be more difficult than the original game.

There's also the data collection aspect. What players say they want and what they spend time playing doesn't always match up. Loads of people asked for NG+ and for a higher difficulty; now Guerilla gets to find out how many people actually use those things.

The game is easy at late game even on very hard mode so it makes sense that the developer need to scale up the difficulty a bit. And I assume that for the NG+ trophy we can just focus on the main quests and skip the optional ones. Unlike Nioh you had to clear majority of the missions again in order to unlock the next difficulty and the developers seem like they have no idea how to balance the game properly so they just throw a bunch of monsters at you instead. I got bored half-way and didn't even touch the DLC even though I bought the deluxe edition.

Edited by PliskinCobra

3 hours ago, steel6burgh said:

evidently they want people to play the game again.  So it seems like it would make since to entice people with gold at least.  

Or at least throw in a couple token bronze trophies for equipping face paint or something. Maybe a new set of collectibles to keep it fresh.

22 hours ago, Kapika96 said:

I wasn't expecting it to be like TLOU, rather a similar level of quality. Ya know, the kind of game that you just can't help but think "wow, this is awesome" while playing it and that just didn't happen for me.

It is of the same level of quality, sucks that you couldn't see that.

• Like 2

On 7/6/2017 at 8:51 AM, caiosuperhiperat said:

I'm just wondering if I wait for the Frozen Wilds to come out to attempt new game plus on the hardest difficult, or if I start it right now. Im glad for this free DLC anyway, it is another excuse to play Horizon Zero Dawn again.

I did a manual save on my original playthrough, this way the new game + won't auto save over that. When the Frozen Wilds releases I'll play that on my original save which is on normal difficulty. I'd prefer not to play the new content on Ultra Hard difficulty. 

On 7/6/2017 at 9:37 PM, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

cool, another 100% ruined. god do i despise dlc trophies

Just wait until The Frozen Wilds releases later this year :) 

Just finished these trophies. I was shocked how quick the game is if you just rush through the story. Only took me around 6-8 hours, and the ultra hard difficulty is a joke if you've got a fully upgraded Aloy from  platinum playthough.

It was fun going through the story again before the next DLC comes out. The only thing that I missed, that could have made me explore some more in this playthough, was that the Audio Logs didn't carry over. Might have taken a bit more time exploring if only the ones I didn't have yet appeared in the world.

• Like 4

On 7/15/2017 at 6:22 PM, Ric said:

Just finished these trophies. I was shocked how quick the game is if you just rush through the story. Only took me around 6-8 hours, and the ultra hard difficulty is a joke if you've got a fully upgraded Aloy from  platinum playthough.

It was fun going through the story again before the next DLC comes out. The only thing that I missed, that could have made me explore some more in this playthough, was that the Audio Logs didn't carry over. Might have taken a bit more time exploring if only the ones I didn't have yet appeared in the world.

It's easy but I'm super bored, struggling to finish. I agree on the audio logs, that was disappointing. 

Finished Ultra Hard a couple of days ago, just rushed to the end. Was a lot easier than it sounds and rushing it actually made it more intense, which made it more enjoyable for me. Felt almost like a new experience. Hoping for more trophies soon! I'm always keen to jump back into the world of Horizon.

Edited by ddracarys
  • Like 1

Wow, just beat the game on Ultra Hard and NG+, and let me say this, I was actually very surprised how easy the game is, even with this new difficulty.

If for some reason you're afraid or on the edge to play in this new Ultra Hard setting, don't, I finished the game rushing all of the main quests and it took me around 10 or 12 hours, and I actually counted how many deaths I had in the end, and believe or not, only 4 deaths lol.

The first one was in the middle of the game, in that mission you search for olin in the excavation, a Corruptor jumped on me and killed me in one hit, the second one was a troll one that I failed a small jump section and died, the third one was to a random explosive arrow or something like that, and the last one was to Helis.

So just rush everything and don't bother fighting random mobs in the road.

Also, the shield armor is a must, this playthough would be almost impossible without it, you have to play around its shield and play it safe, if your shield is depleted just roll around till its back.

Sorry for the long post, if you guys need any tips or help, just let me know.

• Like 2

I am very disappointed that the game didn't let me use the weapons that I get from completing hunting trials in NG+, like what is the point of removing weapons that are only obtainable post game in "New Game Plus"? Is this NG+ or NG-?!

I was excited to use corruption arrows but unfortunately the developers decide to make my second playthrough boring and bland by  forcing me to use the exact same weapons!

However Ultra Hard is fairly easy with shield weaver, I died only 3 times and I am at the middle of the story missions, it's in fact easier than my normal playthrough

On 7/15/2017 at 3:22 PM, Ric said:

Do you mean the Frozen Wilds expansion or is there another DLC coming out that is going to add to this one?

16 hours ago, Spaz said:

Do you mean the Frozen Wilds expansion or is there another DLC coming out that is going to add to this one?

Frozen Wilds. As far as I know there hasn't been any other announcements yet.

Edited by Ric

The only part of the game that I found hard on Ultra Hard was the final mission. I died fighting the first guy, and the Deathbringer fight had me shaking. I finished it with 27 seconds left on the clock. I tried to get it to forget about me and focus on the AI allies, but it kept shooting at just me. I'm glad it's over. I died 3 times, all within the last few missions. I rolled over the edge of a cliff, got stuck between a rock and a wall and the death I mentioned above. I did get VERY close a few times, but I managed to to heal in time. I definitely couldn't do it without the shield weaver armour, personally.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/07/2017 at 7:05 PM, lager96 said:

I did a manual save on my original playthrough, this way the new game + won't auto save over that. When the Frozen Wilds releases I'll play that on my original save which is on normal difficulty. I'd prefer not to play the new content on Ultra Hard difficulty. 

Just wait until The Frozen Wilds releases later this year :) 

Was planning on playing this once that second DLC came out as I don't want to play it on Ultra Hard, but since you can make a manual save before attempting the first DLC trophies I will do what you're going to do and start the game new week or so, thank you :)

• Like 1

Just beat New Game Plus last night. 

Overall, not that difficult. The machine you have to fight after Helios traps you takes a little practice dodging so it hits the pillars. 

One of the later missions where you have to reach the upper right area of the map has a Stormbird. Luckily you can just run past it. 

The corrupted Thunderjaw you have to kill in The Heart of the Nora mission is probably the most difficult fight in New Game Plus. On Ultra Hard it can kill you in a few short seconds if you're not careful. Ropecaster and the Bomb Sling work pretty good. I just had to fire away at it, dodging and shooting from around rocks until it finally went down. 

The last mission could take a good bit of practice. Oseram Cannon is pretty much a must for the Deathbringers, and helps a ton against the other machines. The Stormbird that comes in can be a big problem, as it's electrical attack makes Aloy drop the cannon. Using the cannon is best against, but you may have to resort to using your bows. 

The corrupted Deathbringer is pretty tough, maybe not as tough as the corrupted Thunderjaw but still dangerous. You need A LOT of ammo and supplies to kill it, because it's basically the last enemy you have to fight in the entire game. Took several minutes for me, the other machines were definitely a nuisance. 

Overall it's not that challenging. I literally skipped nearly every single cutscene and dialogue until the ending, which I played out. Horizon is definitely the best looking open world game I've ever played. Highly worth playing again. 

• 3 weeks later...

Surprisingly, it was a lot easier than i expected.I only did the main quests though.I completed it with two deaths,one in the second fight with the deathbringer (it blew up the platform i was on and i died from the falling) and one against the thunderjaw when i tried to pick up its weapon.I bought 6 or 7 adept weapons but the only ones i used was the Hunter Bow (3 handling,1 fire mods) and the Sharpshot Bow (2 handling,2 damage mods).HB was firing hardpoint arrows like a machine gun!

Edited by sephiroth4424